PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 06:59 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's 3.03.04 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 7/21/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean373 View Post
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
What is Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, OCD, is an anxiety disorder and is characterized by recurrent, unwanted thoughts (obsessions) and/or repetitive behaviors (compulsions). Repetitive behaviors such as handwashing, counting, checking, or cleaning are often performed with the hope of preventing obsessive thoughts or making them go away. Performing these so-called "rituals," however, provides only temporary relief, and not performing them markedly increases anxiety.
Yeah, I got that too.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

e_town is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's 3.03.04 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 7/21/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weez View Post
Quick question for OJM rom users:

I've seen people write, "I've used many other roms and OJM's is the best," but without explanation of why.

I'd like to hear some of the reasons why people think it's the best.

Either way, I'll probably install it this weekend - just curious to see what people say.

So far out of the 3.03 roms i have tried, this one is the best. Others did not seem as fast or responsive. I also like the apps that come with. I've never really got into the crazy home plugins (WAD, SPB Shell ect), just seems like the phone is faster without them. That is probably my biggest pet peve with apps / roms / phones, speed. I see friends with the Q and dont understand how they can handle the overall "slowness" of the phone. Good job OMJ!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

The Weez is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean373 View Post
IN MY OPINION the other Roms I've tried looked almost identical to the stock Rom while OMJ has stuff installed that makes it look more CUSTOMIZED. I like the Start Menu he uses. Makes it look more like MS Windows 98/XP/Vista "Start" menu. He's usually has all the required Registry Hacks that we need and his Roms seem to be more stable than most of what I've seen. The working 1% battery guage is nice. He's got a great set of Utilities.

It just seems that he has his ROMs customized as if he was remodeling the HTC Vogue to reach PERFECTION and meet or exceed our needs for this device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_town View Post
So far out of the 3.03 roms i have tried, this one is the best. Others did not seem as fast or responsive. I also like the apps that come with. I've never really got into the crazy home plugins (WAD, SPB Shell ect), just seems like the phone is faster without them. That is probably my biggest pet peve with apps / roms / phones, speed. I see friends with the Q and dont understand how they can handle the overall "slowness" of the phone. Good job OMJ!
Thanks for the responses!

Have either of you tried DHarvey's rom? It has a bunch of home customizations/plugins. Is that what you're talking about, e_town?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31081

Last edited by The Weez; 07-22-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:19 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dette View Post
if i unlock with the 2.31 unlocker and then run with (i already have the official rom) and then can i relock and flash back to the official rom?
there is no need to relock, you can flash back to the official at any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Cool, but just for clarification. I deconstructed your generic custom and noticed that most of the added apps...AEPlus, GPSToday, HHC, etc... were actually in the \sys folder.

Sooo... the HTC stock type stuff is in \oem and when I add the other "after market" type stuff such as that from the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar and 000_Shareware.rar I need to drop that in the \sys folder. Correct?

I think I'm just going to customize your clean rom for now as getting into the stuff related to the cube icons is still a bit over my head w/o some more research. I learned how to edit the cube via the registry prior to CubeConfig comming out, but don't quite know how to do it w/respect to building it into the rom. (i like the blue Bell stuff in the clean rom better than the Sprint Yellow anyway)

Thanks again!

Vancer

P.S. - Did deconstruct, customize, and rebuild your generic custom today and re-flashed w/o the dreaded hang at the black HTC screen
ok, well honestly I've never decompiled someone else's rom, so I didn't know they'd be in \sys.

no, you should put your oems in the root oem folder.

if you have further questions on cooking, please post em in my "cook your own custom rom" thread.....the link is in my sig.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

want2tokyo is a n00b

How are peoples locks with GPS going? I have been using OMJ's roms for a while now and this is the first one that I am having problems getting fast consistent GPS locks. I have tried various things such as; acquiring GPS using some starter program ex. GPS viewer, tried running PPST but it just locks up my phone, any other suggestions?????
Old 07-22-2008, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Mikedav is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2tokyo View Post
How are peoples locks with GPS going? I have been using OMJ's roms for a while now and this is the first one that I am having problems getting fast consistent GPS locks. I have tried various things such as; acquiring GPS using some starter program ex. GPS viewer, tried running PPST but it just locks up my phone, any other suggestions?????
I must say that this ROM is getting me locks fast! I used the OMJ's 3.02, DHarvey's and my own lame cooked one and this is phenomenal!. Locks in 5 secs.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: sprint

yevgeny is a n00b

Where is GPS Viewer in sprint rom? Just flashed newest version of rom and it's not in it
Old 07-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
there is no need to relock, you can flash back to the official at any time.
Hmmm
but that wont overwrite the SPL and that means Sprint wont take it back? Is that correct or did I miss something?

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

The Weez is a n00b

Just loaded up this rom, was using DHarvey's for the past few days. So far so good! Will report back after a couple of days.

I did notice that some things were laggy that weren't before. I'll have to see if it's really a problem or what.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

jacksplat is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by yevgeny View Post
Where is GPS Viewer in sprint rom? Just flashed newest version of rom and it's not in it
Agreed---I couldn't find it either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development