PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 09:17 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: In need of some testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCat View Post
1. Boot is fine
2. Not sure how to tell, since theres no task manager
3. It's fast, little laggy on a couple windows though such as texts.
4. Understanding that its a test/beta, it's running nice. However even as a test rom a task manager is a must for me.
when you go to settings\memory how much memory is there
Old 08-09-2008, 09:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rogo22 is a n00b

-1. flashed, only thing i have installed is htc backup to restore my pim data
0. thanks for continuing working on vogue roms eventho you dont have one.
1. boot: boots fine, fast
2. memory: not sure which memory stats you want, but heres all the memory related info i can find with the task manager:
....Storage:..................Program
....Total: 190.69MB............Total: 112.91MB
....In use: 2.27MB..........In use: 21.29MB
....Free: 188.42MB.........Free: 91.62MB

3. speed is alright.. not as fast as i expected, im gonna try a hard reset and see how everything is. right now its not as fast as your previous roms from your other thread
4. somehow i lost my contacts after soft reset, will try again after hard reset/dffferent restore option.
....i cant seem to open messaging, either tapping email lines on today screen, or through start/programs
....phone app is popping up every once in a while. installed the cab reg fix but it still is happening

i will try a hard reset and see if anything changes

edit: hard reset, used restore software that didnt require install, updated memory info.... speed is much better, messaging is fine. i think the backup/restore software was causing all the issues

edit 2: phone pop up problem still

Last edited by rogo22; 08-09-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:45 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
In Use: 2.99 MB

That's insane.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

BlkCat is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
In use: 22.41 MB

Free: 90.50 MB

EDIT: oh! and the phone app randomly pops up a lot. I know theres a fix for that around here somewhere though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
In Use: 2.99 MB

That's insane.
How did you manage that? O.O

Last edited by BlkCat; 08-09-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:15 PM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

ok I can fix the phone issue not a problem how is video playback .... also 2.99 is very high on the titan I'm running the same rom and it's between 1.97 - 2.01
Old 08-09-2008, 10:16 PM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

I can also work on speed ... I just want to make sure that at least it boots and works speed will come .....
Old 08-09-2008, 10:44 PM
N00b

rogo22 is a n00b

using coreplayer mobile, video plays fine, smooth, great quality.. mediaplayer wont play avi files? idk if its supposed to be like this, but it gives me an error with both avi files on my phone
also with coreplayer.. the built-in youtube thing plays the videos fine (quality-wise: not so much, its streaming. but by fine i mean its smooth, not jumpy at all)

Last edited by rogo22; 08-09-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I can test. Always willing to help you out JD..... since I use your work!!

Please hit "Thanks" if I helped you.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:20 AM
N00b

rogo22 is a n00b

couple things, one led to the other...
1. i cant use my camera button.. i went to settings/buttons to set the 'press and hold' to screen rotate, and all i have is just 'button'. so i set that as screen rotate, and it didnt work, so i set it to messaging, still didnt work, so i gave up and set it back to camera, tried that, didnt work, which led to the next thing..
2. is the camera app still there? i went to 'pictures and video' and clicked the link for camera and it didnt open, neither did the camera softkey.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:40 AM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo22 View Post
couple things, one led to the other...
1. i cant use my camera button.. i went to settings/buttons to set the 'press and hold' to screen rotate, and all i have is just 'button'. so i set that as screen rotate, and it didnt work, so i set it to messaging, still didnt work, so i gave up and set it back to camera, tried that, didnt work, which led to the next thing..
2. is the camera app still there? i went to 'pictures and video' and clicked the link for camera and it didnt open, neither did the camera softkey.
honestly I was waiting on someone to post about this seeing how I don't have a vogue in front of me yeah its there .... I just need to map the button I'm posting another beta now to address the speed and dialer issue so I'll work on the camera later as well
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development