PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Easy Fix For VZW After Accidentally Letting Sprint Customization Run (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33937)

shifter 08-04-2008 03:40 PM

Easy Fix For VZW After Accidentally Letting Sprint Customization Run

So like a lot of people, I misread the instructions about upgrading the radio using the new Sprint ROM and ended up letting the customizations run. I searched extensively through the forums to find an easy fix, but the only one I found was alcatec's fix located here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30109.

However, that is more complicated and involves more phone calls than I wanted to make. So I searched for an easier fix and found one that worked for me. I can't say it will also work for you, but it did work for me and got my phone back to square one so I could start over with the cooking.

This assumes that you have already run ImCokeMan's new Vogue Unlocker, updated to the Official Sprint ROM with GPS and Rev A and accidentally let the customizations run.

1. I first ran ImCokeMan's .40 Vogue Unlocker since the official Sprint ROM is non GPS.

2. I then flashed to the Original OEM 6.0 Sprint ROM. This restored my radio to 2.13 - not the original 1.60 that VZW uses, but it works anyway because this is also a non-GPS radio. This time, DON'T LET THE CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN!!!!

3. I then ran ImCokeMan's .40 Vogue Unlocker again since the official Sprint ROM had locked it back up.

4. I then upgraded using the VZW dumped ROM. This time, LET the customizations run. As far as I can tell, these customizations will undo what the Sprint customizations screwed up. Since it is dumped, this doesn't include a radio, which is the reason for step 2. If you don't do step 2, you'll brick the phone because you can't use this ROM with the 3.XX radio. However, it's not permanently bricked (as I first did this without step 2). All you have to do is start back from step 2.

5. Dial *228 and press 1 to program the phone. If the programming goes successfully, you should have a completely working phone with no left over side effects that have been reported from the Sprint customizations (always roaming, data connection doesn't work, etc).

I'm not sure if this really undos everything that that the Sprint customizations did, but it undos enough that all appears normal.

Good luck and let me know if this works/doesn't work for you.

Thanks to dharvey4651 for the Original OEM Sprint 6.0 ROM, NexVision for the tutorials and ROMs and ImCokeMan for the VZW Dumped ROM.

buddhatikkigod 08-04-2008 10:01 PM

Re: Easy Fix For VZW After Accidentally Letting Sprint Customization Run

nice, i might have to try this for my sprint 6900 that i modded to work on VZW... i can make calls and texts but no internet and always roaming. The VZW customizations on new roms never seem to run..

so what about GPS anyway to get it working?

shifter 08-04-2008 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhatikkigod (Post 371553)
nice, i might have to try this for my sprint 6900 that i modded to work on VZW... i can make calls and texts but no internet and always roaming. The VZW customizations on new roms never seem to run..

so what about GPS anyway to get it working?

Once you boot up and run the customizations on the VZW Dumped ROM, you can start over on the reguar flashing instructions to get the GPS/Rev A working, just don't let the Sprint customizations run this time!

buddhatikkigod 08-04-2008 11:14 PM

cool, would using .41 unlocker not work?

Whosdaman 08-05-2008 12:24 AM

I wish I had a verizon just so I could test this out to see if it works

vaxick 08-05-2008 02:37 AM

Wow, glad to see there is a dump ROM for Verizon now. Getting ready to sell my Touch on eBay and wanted to sell it with the stock stuff on it since cooked ROMs typically don't sell as well.

buddhatikkigod 08-05-2008 11:23 AM

Hey just one question: should we be using the .40 unlocker or the .41? Would the .41 work? It seems safer to me... but that might be the reason it wont work.

robstak 08-05-2008 07:04 PM

SOOOO after I do this (in the process now) can i then retry unlocking and flashing for gps again???? god im such a n00b...

robstak 08-05-2008 08:04 PM

ok i followed your instructions ANNNNND i thought i was in the clear.... no more roaming triangle and i was able to sync with verizon towers, but now i cant make calls/send texts/go onlione... when i try to make a call it says plz hold well send you to someone so you can use a credit card to make a phone call..... so i think it lost my number or authorization akey, maybe??
ne one else have this problem i think it said my phone number was 000 000 5223 or something lol.

SOOOOOO CLOSE@@@

robstak 08-05-2008 08:23 PM

oook so i edited the epst to change (000) 000-0025 to my avtual number... *228 got further this time! buut still failed. but this time it went past programming phone, SPL Unlocked OK!
NAM Download OK!
PRL Download OK!
MDN Download OK!
Commit OK
Programming successful! but then the lady says programming failed plz... and then it cuts off because the phone reboots!

sooo even closer....