PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

calisoldier83 is keeping up the good workcalisoldier83 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Easy Fix For VZW After Accidentally Letting Sprint Customization Run

ah the horror of verizon and custom roms (v3c)!! Glad I turned in that baby.The horror THE HORROR!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

shifter is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by robstak View Post
oook so i edited the epst to change (000) 000-0025 to my avtual number... *228 got further this time! buut still failed. but this time it went past programming phone, SPL Unlocked OK!
NAM Download OK!
PRL Download OK!
MDN Download OK!
Commit OK
Programming successful! but then the lady says programming failed plz... and then it cuts off because the phone reboots!

sooo even closer....
So after all of that you still can't make calls? Did you try pressing option 2 instead of option 1?

I will tell you that I got programming failed the first time I tried it at around 4am. So the next afternoon, I called VZW and told them I was trying to program my phone and kept getting programming failed. He basically just had me re-call *228 and press 1 and that time it went through without a hitch. I asked him if he did anything to make it work, but he said he didn't.

It sounds like you have an A-KEY problem. I've never had this issue with any flashing I've done. Maybe someone else around here knows more about this. I think you'll prolly have to call VZW and have them reset it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robstak View Post
SOOOO after I do this (in the process now) can i then retry unlocking and flashing for gps again???? god im such a n00b...
Yeah that's the first thing I did after I got it fixed.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6900

robstak is a n00b

guh!!!! no headway... spent an hour on with vzw tech support. they gave me a new AKey, but no go.

when i call it goes "bla bla bla verizon plz hold while we connect you so you can enter a credit card or calling card to complete the call"!!!

So it's like the phone is working but its not being recognized by the network. this sucks. is it cuz the radio version is different?? i dont think so but im running out of ideas. they told me to return the phone for a new one, but im worried that since the radio version is different that theyll charge me. im soooooo close. maybe some other epst settings are messed?? anyone have a similar problem or know the answer??? thanks to everyone for being so patient.

-karl
Old 08-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Lurker

robstak is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifter View Post
So after all of that you still can't make calls? Did you try pressing option 2 instead of option 1?

I will tell you that I got programming failed the first time I tried it at around 4am. So the next afternoon, I called VZW and told them I was trying to program my phone and kept getting programming failed. He basically just had me re-call *228 and press 1 and that time it went through without a hitch. I asked him if he did anything to make it work, but he said he didn't.

It sounds like you have an A-KEY problem. I've never had this issue with any flashing I've done. Maybe someone else around here knows more about this. I think you'll prolly have to call VZW and have them reset it.
ill try calling again in the morning then... i got a new a-key from vzw, but when it makes me reset and i go back to epst the akey area is blank. is it the same for you??
Old 08-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Lurker

robstak is a n00b

one more thing: ok so i took my old 6700 out to check it's EPST and i found this:

HDR AN AUTH: my login was still sprint!!!
also something like AAA secret

i tried to change it to my 10 digit phone @ vzw3g.com but it wouldn't let me switch the value!! I guess (???) this is why some forums i said require

maybe this is my problem? i thought the ' hdr an auth' is for data connection only, but i suppose i could be totally wrong...

ok cant keep eyes open. must sleep. thanks again.

i guess i need a dmu reset, but i really wanna fix w/out cuz it takes thmem mlike 5 days to do thiose things for you now, stupid verizon~

-k
Old 08-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Lurker

robstak is a n00b

I got voice and text messages back!!! Turns out my min settings were all f'd up (for some reason they were all my phone number), now with that fixed i have voice and text.... still no data, but i should be getting a dmu reset at some point today. w00t!

so the keys to the story:
1. dont switch esn's to a different phone and leave both on!
2. keep calling tech support until you get someone who isnt retarded.

the guy today helped me manually configure my epst settings over the phone and that did the trick for voice. now i just need a dmu reset (i guess) to get data back and then its back to the kitchen so i can f my **** again! lol... thanks again for everyone's help.
-karl
Old 08-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

Yes well it seems im having similar problems. I did the steps and it erased some of my settings including somehow rewriting my ESN back to what it was originally! I dont know how thats even possible, where was it stored on my PPC after i erased it?

Well if after i get everything working i no longer roam and/or get internet it will be worth it.

I have a few questions about the steps: one... is it ok to use .41 unlocker or should we use the .40 unlocker? Another, after we install the roms should we let them boot up or should we immediatly go into the dm/serial mode (power + camera button then hit reset) to immediatly install the next rom or let the rom boot and skip the customize on the Sprint?

Last edited by buddhatikkigod; 08-06-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhatikkigod View Post
Yes well it seems im having similar problems. I did the steps and it erased some of my settings including somehow rewriting my ESN back to what it was originally! I dont know how thats even possible, where was it stored on my PPC after i erased it?

Well if after i get everything working i no longer roam and/or get internet it will be worth it.

I have a few questions about the steps: one... is it ok to use .41 unlocker or should we use the .40 unlocker? Another, after we install the roms should we let them boot up or should we immediatly go into the dm/serial mode (power + camera button then hit reset) to immediatly install the next rom or let the rom boot and skip the customize on the Sprint?
I used .40 but I don't see why .41 wouldn't work. You don't need to let the OEM Sprint ROM boot at all. You can immediately go into the bootloader mode. If you do let it boot, don't "touch the screen to begin". But you do need to let the VZW Dumped ROM boot so that you can let the customizations run.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Lurker

robstak is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhatikkigod View Post

I would just use the .40 - I was nervous too, but imcokeman mentions something about the differences in that thread about the keeping the .40 specifically for relocking. it wasnt that bad at all, just follow the instructions and youll be fine. also, your ESN should be the one on your phone if you are relocking it, shouldnt it? also make sure you check your msid and min settings when you are done mine were all f'd. so far its working tho! just waiting for DMU reset to get internet bazck up and running. gluck!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development