PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

jacksplat is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Xv6900 Flashing!!! Help Here!!!

so no need to do anything funky with an unlocker? I've still got the 2.31.coke on my boot loader
Old 06-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann
Re: Verizon Xv6900 Flashing!!! Help Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksplat View Post
so no need to do anything funky with an unlocker? I've still got the 2.31.coke on my boot loader
Nope Just flash and enjoy

Old 06-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

gman8966 is a n00b
Re: Upgrading Tutorial For Verizon XV6900!!! Radio 3.42.30 with working GPS

I did the upgrade successfully for my brother's XV6900 last night. No problems whatsoever.

But, when I try to make a call a lady comes on the phone and says "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, we're sorry, we are unable to authenticate your phone."

I searched but couldn't find an error to this, anyone know how to get this straightened out?
Old 06-27-2008, 12:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VX6900 (Touch)

Magicality is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman8966 View Post
I did the upgrade successfully for my brother's XV6900 last night. No problems whatsoever.

But, when I try to make a call a lady comes on the phone and says "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, we're sorry, we are unable to authenticate your phone."

I searched but couldn't find an error to this, anyone know how to get this straightened out?
Try dialing *228 or *22801
Old 06-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

haxrnick is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman8966 View Post

I found this out too when I flashed mine. Whenever you do any sort of hard reset with Verizon it wipes out everything (not used to this because I'm from sprint). I called their customer service and they just sent a signal to my phone and it worked.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

seebeatty is becoming a great contributor

^ Yes, if you look back in some previous posts on the Beta ROM leaked. Many of us on Verizon experienced a "one time" radio upgrade problem where our phones could not be authenticated. A call to customer service will straighten the situation out. It's likely to be one of two things:

1. A-Key missing: I've heard mixed statements on this,... some say that Verizon doesn't use the A-Key anymore,... don't know, don't care, just wanna be happy and have it work!!

2. Dataport Reset: Some say that when your device was active with an ESN / MDN / MIN on the Verizon network and your radio rom was replaced, it left the dataport in a suspended state on the Verizon side and they are unable to program (using *22899, 01, 03, or any other combo).

Regardless, one surefire way to avoid having to make the call is to activate another PPC phone on your acct before flashing the radio ROM. For instance, I used my 6800 and activated it via vzw.com online activation (free of charge) -> flashed my ROM on my 6900 -> reactived it online -> dialed *22899 -> did a HARD RESET.

Hope that helps,... again,... debate is still out about what EXACTLY causes the problem with authentication,... but if you get stuck,... just call Verizon and they'll get you back on the network.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Unforunately these things happen. But the good news is, They dont ask questions and you wont have to ever call em again in future radio upgrades I dialed a completely different number tho when it happened to me
Old 06-27-2008, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

Mikedav is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
Unforunately these things happen. But the good news is, They dont ask questions and you wont have to ever call em again in future radio upgrades I dialed a completely different number tho when it happened to me
Had that too. I diled #8899 and they gave me a new 26 digit number. They said its theesn with a random generated number after it. No problems though getting it done.
What number did you call and did it work?
Another question. Will the customization run after every hard reset. If yes, do we have to interrupt it every time? (sorry for spelling above; theesn= the ESN)

Last edited by Mikedav; 06-27-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikedav View Post
Had that too. I diled #8899 and they gave me a new 26 digit number. They said its theesn with a random generated number after it. No problems though getting it done.
I dont remember, some security and fraud line. They only asked for the last four digits in my SS then said "your good to go". took no more than 2 minutes
Old 06-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikedav View Post
I dont remember, some security and fraud line. They only asked for the last four digits in my SS then said "your good to go". took no more than 2 minutes
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development