PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Verizon XV6900 upgrading tutorial and troubleshooting!!! GPS enabled!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30109)

jacksplat 06-25-2008 08:58 PM

Re: Verizon Xv6900 Flashing!!! Help Here!!!

so no need to do anything funky with an unlocker? I've still got the 2.31.coke on my boot loader

negamann 06-25-2008 09:01 PM

Re: Verizon Xv6900 Flashing!!! Help Here!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksplat (Post 326305)
so no need to do anything funky with an unlocker? I've still got the 2.31.coke on my boot loader

Nope Just flash and enjoy :)

gman8966 06-27-2008 12:26 PM

Re: Upgrading Tutorial For Verizon XV6900!!! Radio 3.42.30 with working GPS

I did the upgrade successfully for my brother's XV6900 last night. No problems whatsoever.

But, when I try to make a call a lady comes on the phone and says "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, we're sorry, we are unable to authenticate your phone."

I searched but couldn't find an error to this, anyone know how to get this straightened out?

Magicality 06-27-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gman8966 (Post 328790)
I did the upgrade successfully for my brother's XV6900 last night. No problems whatsoever.

But, when I try to make a call a lady comes on the phone and says "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, we're sorry, we are unable to authenticate your phone."

I searched but couldn't find an error to this, anyone know how to get this straightened out?

Try dialing *228 or *22801

haxrnick 06-27-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gman8966 (Post 328790)

I found this out too when I flashed mine. Whenever you do any sort of hard reset with Verizon it wipes out everything (not used to this because I'm from sprint). I called their customer service and they just sent a signal to my phone and it worked.

seebeatty 06-27-2008 03:11 PM

^ Yes, if you look back in some previous posts on the Beta ROM leaked. Many of us on Verizon experienced a "one time" radio upgrade problem where our phones could not be authenticated. A call to customer service will straighten the situation out. It's likely to be one of two things:

1. A-Key missing: I've heard mixed statements on this,... some say that Verizon doesn't use the A-Key anymore,... don't know, don't care, just wanna be happy and have it work!!

2. Dataport Reset: Some say that when your device was active with an ESN / MDN / MIN on the Verizon network and your radio rom was replaced, it left the dataport in a suspended state on the Verizon side and they are unable to program (using *22899, 01, 03, or any other combo).

Regardless, one surefire way to avoid having to make the call is to activate another PPC phone on your acct before flashing the radio ROM. For instance, I used my 6800 and activated it via vzw.com online activation (free of charge) -> flashed my ROM on my 6900 -> reactived it online -> dialed *22899 -> did a HARD RESET.

Hope that helps,... again,... debate is still out about what EXACTLY causes the problem with authentication,... but if you get stuck,... just call Verizon and they'll get you back on the network.

negamann 06-27-2008 03:39 PM

Unforunately these things happen. But the good news is, They dont ask questions and you wont have to ever call em again in future radio upgrades :) I dialed a completely different number tho when it happened to me

Mikedav 06-27-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negamann (Post 329088)
Unforunately these things happen. But the good news is, They dont ask questions and you wont have to ever call em again in future radio upgrades :) I dialed a completely different number tho when it happened to me

Had that too. I diled #8899 and they gave me a new 26 digit number. They said its theesn with a random generated number after it. No problems though getting it done.
What number did you call and did it work?
Another question. Will the customization run after every hard reset. If yes, do we have to interrupt it every time? (sorry for spelling above; theesn= the ESN)

negamann 06-27-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikedav (Post 329095)
Had that too. I diled #8899 and they gave me a new 26 digit number. They said its theesn with a random generated number after it. No problems though getting it done.

I dont remember, some security and fraud line. They only asked for the last four digits in my SS then said "your good to go". took no more than 2 minutes

negamann 06-27-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikedav (Post 329095)

I dont remember, some security and fraud line. They only asked for the last four digits in my SS then said "your good to go". took no more than 2 minutes