PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to denasqu
Re: Upgrading Tutorial For Verizon XV6900!!! Radio 3.42.30 with working GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmallit View Post
Mine showed the 2.0 instead of 2.31 and I continued on and it worked just fine.
Thanks I finally got through it and flashed DHarvey's Verizon ROM. What was hanging me up was all the "follow the instructions exactly" posts. The coke unlocker would get me to "coke 2.0" and after the unplug/plug-in step I had no Activesync connection. The RUU launched (unexpectedly) and it specifically says you must have an Activesync connection!

I finally found an Imcokeman post that said you can ignore this particular instruction (at least during the unlock). What's important is the BL screen says USB as opposed to SERIAL.

Also I read a couple posts that said you don't need to run the RUU at all! Well not unless you don't want to get to "coke 2.31" because that's the step that does it.

Once I plowed on through the rest was pretty staightforward. Just a few minutes of terror watching for the Sprint customizations to pop up.

Flashing the DHarvey ROM was a piece of cake. A few quirks but nothing too difficult. Phone works. Data is super fast.

Now I just have to go find out why my GPS won't get a lock.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
Thanks I finally got through it and flashed DHarvey's Verizon ROM. What was hanging me up was all the "follow the instructions exactly" posts. The coke unlocker would get me to "coke 2.0" and after the unplug/plug-in step I had no Activesync connection. The RUU launched (unexpectedly) and it specifically says you must have an Activesync connection!

I finally found an Imcokeman post that said you can ignore this particular instruction (at least during the unlock). What's important is the BL screen says USB as opposed to SERIAL.

Also I read a couple posts that said you don't need to run the RUU at all! Well not unless you don't want to get to "coke 2.31" because that's the step that does it.

Once I plowed on through the rest was pretty staightforward. Just a few minutes of terror watching for the Sprint customizations to pop up.

Flashing the DHarvey ROM was a piece of cake. A few quirks but nothing too difficult. Phone works. Data is super fast.

Now I just have to go find out why my GPS won't get a lock.
I apologize for my instructions. But they are created for the majority. I won't change it due to "rare" instances such as yours. I am happy to hear that everything is good for you now congratulations! What is the exact problem with the gps? How long have you waited for a lock? Roms and phones vary with lock times. Longest i've heard is 15 minutes

Old 07-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
I apologize for my instructions.
No need to apologize for anything man! I would never have even started without your instructions.. let alone finish.
In fact you probably saved me from bricking my phone by saying "if you do not see '2.31 coke' do not proceed". The only thing that really hung me up was that unlocker process.

Of course I did just about piss my pants watching the Sprint radio update.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
What is the exact problem with the gps? How long have you waited for a lock? Roms and phones vary with lock times. Longest i've heard is 15 minutes

I got nothing with the GPS. I've left it plugged in and sitting at the window for 20 minutes with LiveSearch, Google Maps, and the HTC tool. Sat outside for 10 minutes with nary a satellite in sight.

I'm not sure the damn thing is even on. I did set LOCATION ON and COM4 and None in the External GPS software setup. Saw that None thing on the HTC forum.

I'm about ready to try that Alltell GPS fix I saw somewhere with the 3 files and reg setting but it bothers me that it's not just slow to lock, it's not picking up any satellites at all!

I'm using DHarvey's Verizon ROM
Old 07-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

did you try the gps setting fixes in the tutorial? You could also try my rom located in the tutorial. it has a gps fix that no other rom out has yet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul 6800

dlynch03 is a n00b

Hey negamann can you tell me what I can do to get this Olipro 1.20 off my mogul 6800 because I ran the first unloker and got this. I need to reflash with an official rom but since im running vista I cant do it via usb I have to do the sd card boot but when i load the card in my phone after renaming the signed_nbh file to titaimg_nbh nothing happens.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

My advice would be to find a computer with xp. sorry man
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
did you try the gps setting fixes in the tutorial? You could also try my rom located in the tutorial. it has a gps fix that no other rom out has yet
Sweeeeet!!! You are the MAN, Mr. negamann!

The GPS worked perfectly right out of the gate. I went outside to my picnic table and it took exactly 1 minute to get a lock. Back INSIDE about a half hour later it got an instant lock.

I also like the feel of the whole ROM. It's snappy and most of the apps that I wanted. I also like the way things are layed out. I'm going to work with it this week and maybe I won't need my SPB Today plugins.

The only thing missing is the task manager in the upper-right corner. Just a blank space where it should be. Any suggestions?

Oh, and the phone and data connection worked without a hitch. So am I a ppcgeek now?

EDIT - Never mind the Task Manager question. I re-read your tutorial.

Last edited by denasqu; 07-27-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

The task manager link is located in the tutorial where i tell whats included in the rom. also please register to our verizon club

EDIT: Site updated http://forums.inventingminds.net/index.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
Sweeeeet!!! You are the MAN, Mr. negamann!

The GPS worked perfectly right out of the gate. I went outside to my picnic table and it took exactly 1 minute to get a lock. Back INSIDE about a half hour later it got an instant lock.

I also like the feel of the whole ROM. It's snappy and most of the apps that I wanted. I also like the way things are layed out. I'm going to work with it this week and maybe I won't need my SPB Today plugins.

The only thing missing is the task manager in the upper-right corner. Just a blank space where it should be. Any suggestions?

Oh, and the phone and data connection worked without a hitch. So am I a ppcgeek now?

Last edited by negamann; 07-28-2008 at 03:59 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
The task manager link is located in the tutorial where i tell whats included in the rom. also please register to our verizon club http://www.inventingminds.net/module...file=index&c=4
I edited my task manager question just 1 minute before you reminded me to re-read the tutorial. And I already registered for the club. Looking forward to some nice Verizon hacks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development