PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Sprint PRI UPDATE - 5 sec locks - A Must for quick GPS on the Vogue! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29943)

No1ustad 06-23-2008 05:23 AM

Sprint PRI UPDATE - 5 sec locks - A Must for quick GPS on the Vogue!

found this post by holo in the titan forum, but tried it on my Vogue and worked spectacularly!

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH - Verified working with sprint - all others try at your own risk!!!!

Background info:
This updates your PRI, allowing access to sprints GPS assistance server.
It is taken from the 3.49 beta customizations from the titan

Steps:
1. Unzip cab file from:
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/No1USTAD/PPST.zip

2. Go to the Windows Folder and click PPST.exe it will run, then automatically soft reset.

The ppst thread here for the vogue did not help me (couldn't find the ppst.exe file in windows with the normal file explorer (using show all files), however, after running this i was getting consistent locks at about 5 seconds COLD START, and locking on to 3-4 more sats than usual, up to 8-9 at a time.

SprintTouch08 06-23-2008 05:52 AM

Re: Sprint PRI UPDATE - 5 sec locks - A Must for quick GPS on the Vogue!

this "hint" is already posted all over this forum section... Its in your head, its the exact same PRI file posted in here PPST 080407 7400 SPCS 2.03.sa.cab

boggsie 06-23-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 (Post 322620)
this "hint" is already posted all over this forum section... Its in your head, its the exact same PRI file posted in here PPST 080407 7400 SPCS 2.03.sa.cab

:mrgreen:

Perception IS reality!

:headbang:

No1ustad 06-23-2008 02:41 PM

odd. locks before were so bad i stopped using my internal receiver altogether, with some locks maybe occurring after 2 min. and i've never had one at my computer desk before, where i now can grab 4 sats in <10 sec.

Well. either way, I'm happy :-)

boggsie 06-23-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1ustad (Post 323014)
odd. locks before were so bad i stopped using my internal receiver altogether, with some locks maybe occurring after 2 min. and i've never had one at my computer desk before, where i now can grab 4 sats in <10 sec.

Well. either way, I'm happy :-)

In my case, I am certainly _NOT_ questioning your experience. I too have seen the full specturm of results with the same PPST and Radio combination.

On my way to work today it took me two tries, a soft-reset and eight minutes to get a lock on 3 ... While at work, I did a hard-reset, installed the same ROM, ran PPST and when I walked out the door (for lunch), I had locked on 8 in about 125 yards of walking.

Best regards,
-boggsie

rolandroland 06-23-2008 03:12 PM

Any such solution out there for Verizon?

Nobi125 06-23-2008 04:13 PM

I'm already getting 10 second locks with the leaked Sprint rom and running PPST. :dontknow:

No1ustad 06-23-2008 05:19 PM

awesome. i was missin out and gettin extremely jealous of all the people here getting powerful locks so quick when i was one of the first to actually get it on our phones! but not anymore. woo!

this is mainly for ppl who are in my position to give it a shot, cause we all know waiting for the official update is not worth doing...

Nobi125 06-23-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1ustad (Post 323268)
awesome. i was missin out and gettin extremely jealous of all the people here getting powerful locks so quick when i was one of the first to actually get it on our phones! but not anymore. woo!

this is mainly for ppl who are in my position to give it a shot, cause we all know waiting for the official update is not worth doing...

Sounds like a cool fix for people that are still having problems.

I will probably end up going with the official sprint update when it comes out due to the battery drain issue. Although, if I soft reset after using GPS, I don't have the crazy battery drain.

mikeallison 06-24-2008 01:19 PM

Finally, it works!!!! Since I didn't use the leaked rom, but a cooked one, I didn't have the ppst file. I didn't want to have to flash twice and reinstall everything again.

Many thanks!!!