PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2008, 09:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jdoggz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FULL version of V.3.0

Will this ROM work on a Mogul or is it just for a touch?? I ran the RUU to flash my Mogul, and it threw an error saying invalid ModelID.

Last edited by jdoggz; 06-11-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

DssTrainer is becoming a great contributor
Re: Almost OEM 6.1 Sprint ROM **V.3.0** (6/10/08) GPS/Rev A. Enabled - NOW 2 VERSIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
It is recommended you have Navigation on your account before using Telenav. It will charge you otherwise.
Is this confirmed? What about using Google Maps with GPS? will that charge too?
Old 06-11-2008, 01:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid
Threadstarter

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Re: Almost OEM 6.1 Sprint ROM **V.3.0** (6/10/08) GPS/Rev A. Enabled - NOW 2 VERSIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoggz View Post
Will this ROM work on a Mogul or is it just for a touch?? I ran the RUU to flash my Mogul, and it threw an error saying invalid ModelID.
This is just for the Sprint Touch. ROMs are very device specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DssTrainer View Post
Is this confirmed? What about using Google Maps with GPS? will that charge too?
I don't know if it is confirmed or not but when starting telenav it checks your account so I'm betting on it.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

I don't know if it is confirmed or not but when starting telenav it checks your account so I'm betting on it.
Telenav should charge you. Other gps apps (non-sprint specific) won't.
-mark
Old 06-11-2008, 05:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch by HTC

m3Jorge is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to m3Jorge Send a message via MSN to m3Jorge
Post Re: Almost OEM 6.1 Sprint ROM **V.3.0** (6/10/08) GPS/Rev A. Enabled - NOW 2 VERSIONS

Dharvey4651 - To fix any apps not launching from the Sprint Home plug in you need to edit the following files in the Widnows directory:

ql_skin_l.xml and ql_skin_p.xml

The entries look like:

<APP1 x="0" y="0" w="64" h="45" img="ql_phone.bmp" img_mask="ql_phone_mask.bmp" link="\Windows\ql_phone.lnk"/>
<APP2 x="64" y="0" w="64" h="45" img="ql_music.bmp" img_mask="ql_music_mask.bmp" link="\Windows\WMPlayer.lnk"/>
<APP3 x="128" y="0" w="64" h="45" img="ql_photos.bmp" img_mask="ql_photos_mask.bmp" link="\Windows\HTCAlbum.exe" cmdline ="-mode:camera -type:image"/>
<APP4 x="192" y="0" w="64" h="45" img="ql_search.bmp" img_mask="ql_search_mask.bmp" link="\Program Files\Live Search\LiveSearch.exe"/>
<APP5 x="256" y="0" w="64" h="45" img="ql_TV.bmp" img_mask="ql_tv_mask.bmp" link="\Program Files\SprintTV\Launcher.exe"/>

you can update the images used by the plugin the apps launched and/or the paths to the apps!

Hope that helps!

Also if anyone wants the telenav version from the Sprint Leacked rom that recognizes the Touch as a Touch here's the CAB:
Attached Files
File Type: zip sprint-nav-vogue-2.0.12.zip (1.49 MB, 52 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch/Vogue

xencloud is just getting started

Hey is there a separate .cab install for getting the first names to show up FIRST in contacts? Like if I'm searching for Joe Smith, currently, he'd be listed as Smith, Joe in my contacts...I'd like it to show up as Joe Smith, seems like a more natural lookup for me personally...
Old 06-11-2008, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

this is gonna sound dumb, but how do you use voice command? I see where it's enabled, but what's the button to use it? Thanks!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid
Threadstarter

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by xencloud View Post
Hey is there a separate .cab install for getting the first names to show up FIRST in contacts? Like if I'm searching for Joe Smith, currently, he'd be listed as Smith, Joe in my contacts...I'd like it to show up as Joe Smith, seems like a more natural lookup for me personally...
An easy(but time consuming) way to fix this is to just move the last name to the first name field so that first and last name are together. This way it will trick the machine into thinking that there are only a first name but really is how you want it.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
An easy(but time consuming) way to fix this is to just move the last name to the first name field so that first and last name are together. This way it will trick the machine into thinking that there are only a first name but really is how you want it.
Yea I did think about that one, I might go ahead and start this process now, I have like 300 contacts lol

Any tips on using the voice command? I'd like to try it out but I don't know how to trigger it!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Okta)
Carrier: TCNZ

MattOktaNZ is just getting started

Quote:

Hi You say the ROM is SPRINT ONLY.. Why is that? Its just I would like to try it so I can have wm6.1 but I'm not on Sprint so don't want to break anything - might be worth elaborating a bit in your description.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development