PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 12:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

'preciate that reign..ima give it a try
Old 04-08-2009, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

you guys should check out ervius package creator as well as OEMizer. gonna check out the cab2oem
Old 08-06-2009, 03:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Hate to necro a thread, but I need to say thanks for this. Disaster befell my kitchen and I was able to recover to the point of my last release! I had to rearrange the OEM's and move a bunch of oems from SYS back to OEM and recreate all the option.xml's but other than that, excellent! thanks again!
Old 08-07-2009, 07:48 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
Hate to necro a thread, but I need to say thanks for this. Disaster befell my kitchen and I was able to recover to the point of my last release! I had to rearrange the OEM's and move a bunch of oems from SYS back to OEM and recreate all the option.xml's but other than that, excellent! thanks again!
You can also just leave the bulk of the OEM's in the SYS too. And I have done the same thing a time or two on some of my roms, botched the kitchen and rebuilt from a released rom. One of the many reasons that I don't protect my roms when I build them.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

I have been using these tools since the Vogue days and now I am onto an Imagio. I am trying to use the same tools to extract an Imagio ROM, but the Dumprom process terminates abnormally. Have you thought about porting this over to Imagio/TP2? Would the Diamond tools work?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 04-01-2010, 04:45 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
I have been using these tools since the Vogue days and now I am onto an Imagio. I am trying to use the same tools to extract an Imagio ROM, but the Dumprom process terminates abnormally. Have you thought about porting this over to Imagio/TP2? Would the Diamond tools work?

Thanks,
Steve
These tools have a size limitation and can barely extract a diamond rom. I have moved on to ervius's visual kitchen. Can still break down a stock rom as well.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
These tools have a size limitation and can barely extract a diamond rom. I have moved on to ervius's visual kitchen. Can still break down a stock rom as well.
Have you thought about putting together a tutorial on EVK? I have download the kitchen, but there is really no doc on how to set it up.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/ TP1

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

How do I remove stuff from the OEM folder?? I'm trying to remove say Facebook, RSShub, Voicecommand, TVout, Opera Browsers, Mp3 trimmer? When i remove it the All "people phonebook" doesn't work. Please help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch 6900
Carrier: USCC

piperthedj is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to piperthedj

mechanically speaking, what are the pros/cons involved with or without removing unused programs?
Old 05-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperthedj View Post
mechanically speaking, what are the pros/cons involved with or without removing unused programs?

Pros:
Makes for a smaller ROM.

Cons:
Could screw with a dependency, just like the post above yours.

Best Bet when removing stuff in the OEM folder is to do it one at a time. i.e. Remove, cook, and test... Then if everything works works repeat, if not add it back in and try another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpol10 View Post
How do I remove stuff from the OEM folder?? I'm trying to remove say Facebook, RSShub, Voicecommand, TVout, Opera Browsers, Mp3 trimmer? When i remove it the All "people phonebook" doesn't work. Please help.
I'm pretty sure the All people phonebook looks at facebook too... I would add facebook back in and see if it helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development