PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Mustan-Tech - WM6.1 v3 (with GPS & Rev. A) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25097)

Donatom3 04-28-2008 03:34 PM

Re: Mustan-Tech - WM6.1 v3 (with GPS & Rev. A)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraderStav (Post 264048)
/\/\ustan, good looking Rom. Even with the ones you uploaded this morning I'm having issues with the keyboard. Are the two links quoted here updated since the ones I downloaded 2 hours ago? Looking forward to getting those issues worked out!

This happened with JDs rom as well but I could barely get a signal in my car on the way in the office this morning. Got 7 or 8 satellites but no lock. I'll try with yours on the way home and see how it works and report back...

My mogul hasn't had any issues in my car FWIW.

The GPS issues seem to be universal to all the touch GPS roms out now. Remember nowhere in Alltel's Rom did it say GPS was added. This is looking very much like the Titan Beta rom that had spotty GPS. Once the official sprint rom came out GPS was flawless. So word on the street is the Sprint rom will be out May 7th, we'll have to wait till a rom comes out that officially says it supports GPS. I don't think there is anything Mustan, JD, or anybody else can do about GPS now.

dotaaron 04-28-2008 03:42 PM

dus sprint tv work on it

boe 04-28-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donatom3 (Post 264044)
Did you let the Alltel customizations run when you installed the Alltel Rom? I have sprint and Mustan's Mega rom and I'm fine.

Found them on this post http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=44. If you let the Alltel customizations run, run this and see what happens.

No but I did try to switch from JD's to this one without going back to the alltel one first. JD's was letting me call and browse the web. Are you using the 3.1 fix rom?

Donatom3 04-28-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boe (Post 264068)
No but I did try to switch from JD's to this one without going back to the alltel one first. JD's was letting me call and browse the web.

That shouldn't be a problem. I did the same thing. The only reason you have to do the alltell is to get the radio and bootloader updated.

boe 04-28-2008 04:03 PM

I'll flash it to Mustan's rom again. I'll post if it resolves the issue. I went directly from JD's latest to this one - nothing in between. I'm not sure why I could call on JD's update but not on this one. It might night be alltel it could be someone else's I think it said something like cda1x or something like then when attempting to dial 777. Whoops - I just noticed you are using his megarom - maybe that is why it works for you - what is the file name of the one you are using please? I'm curious if you are using 3.1 or 3.1-fix just uploaded.

I'm using 3.1 clean fix and that even after reflashing, it automatically goes to digital roaming so I'm guessing it is trying to connect with some provider that isn't in Los Angeles.

boe 04-28-2008 04:26 PM

I just tested the mega upload 3.1 fix - it get's sprint service - the only issue is with the clean install. Maybe he'll consider making a clean install that works with Sprint.

tsvb 04-28-2008 04:26 PM

FWIW I just flashed to this clean ROM and I am not having any issues besides camera album not opening up.

GPS and Rev. A are working much better with this ROM than the JD ROM. I don't know if it has anything to do with either ROM but I'm having much more success with this ROM.

meekell 04-28-2008 05:20 PM

I'm only getting CDMA1X connections. What's the deal?

Edit: I guess this is correct. The problem was with the clean ROM. I switched to the mega ROM and am getting fast data speeds with this connection type.

zero157h7 04-28-2008 05:22 PM

I had the same camera album issue.

varunb007 04-28-2008 05:30 PM

did anyone who had trouble with gps in jd's gpstest rom try this and get gps to work?