PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

clevertrevor777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to clevertrevor777
Successful unlock of Alltel Vogue using WVista 64

As suggessted by MrTek at xda-developers forum, I have successfully unlocked my Alltel Vogue using Vista 64. The sleep4 application is not compatible with Vista 64 because it is written in 16 bit code.

1. Download the most recent unlocker
2. Open the Vogue_unlocker batch file in a text editor
3. Replace each occurance of "sleep4" with "pause"
4. Delete the sleep4 exe file. It does you no good.
5. Run Vogue_unlocker
6. Follow all instructions
note: It may be necessary to give Vogue_unlocker a few seconds each time before pressing any key to continue each time. This will ensure enough time has elapsed before continuing.

If you have problems with roaming after you unlock your phone, simply update your PRL (preferred roaming list). To do this:
1. Dial *228 and press send.
2. Press option 3 when prompted.
3. Wait for the phone to be programmed and allow it to restart.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette
Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb87 View Post
Well it appears that I am back to the latest stock rom with the stock spl. When I press the camera+powera+rest buttons the color screen shows:
VOGU100
SPL-2.01.0000
CPLD-3

Under device info, it shows ROM 3.03.6514 and Radio 3.42.30.

So these are the steps I performed to "relock" the phone (in case someone else was stuck like me):
  1. Phone was already unlocked with 2.31.coKe SPL and running the latest official HTC ROM (3.03.651.4)
  2. I downloaded the 0.40 from this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370 provied by ImCoKeMaN (thanks) and executed (no need to unzip).
  3. Followed the instructions from the post and the unlocking utility.
  4. Verified that the boot loader screen read 0.40
  5. Ran the official ROM Upgrade Utility (http://www.htc.com/us/supportdownloa..._id=76&cat=all). Same ROM that I already had installed.
  6. Followed the on screen instructions
  7. After completing install the official ROM overwrote the 0.40 SPL and now shows 2.01.0000.
When the ROM was installing it stopped at 29% with error 262. I followed the on screen instructions to recover from the error. From the top of my head, I think the steps were to unplug the USB cable, press next on the utility screen, remove the battery for 3 seconds, and power device back on. I think the update restarted from the beginning but went to 100% without error. Not sure if I didn't do something correctly for this to have occurred.

Anyways, hope this may help someone.
Thanks you confirmed what I expected was needed

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

tmanp1 is a n00b

won't work on my windows 64bit
Old 09-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

quickkyle is a n00b

Can anyone pls help. I am new to all of this and I followed Directions but I may have still done something wrong. I am trying to flash a sprint touch with a custom rom called OMJ 3.03.04 beccause it gets rid of the sprint junk.

When i was trying to use the unlocker, it seemed to work and when i put it into bootloader, it says 0.41.CoKe and then I flashed the custom rom and all seems well accept the phone is in an endless cycle of resetting itself every few min. When I have it connected via USB, it does not reset, but as soon as I unplug the USB it starts resetting again. any ideas?
Old 09-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That issue is from have thing wrong unlocker(SPL)/Os/radio combination. You need the 2.31 and a GPS stock rom (for the radio) then a GPS custom rom and you'll be good
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

quickkyle is a n00b

HI,

I was actually doing this for a sprint phone which is why i used the cdma version of the unlocker. did i do something wrong that you can think of? WHen i go into boot loader mode, it still says

RUUNBH

VOGU100
SPL-0.41.Coke
CPLD-3

I am now also running into the problem of trying to get the phone back to the locked or factory bootloader and it freezes up flashing the new rom at 29% always with error 262 in the ruu.

By the way 2 things. 1. I really appreciate any help I can get.
and
2. The phone is semi functional at this point where in i can use it while its hooked up to usb without it resetting. is there any info i can get or version numbers i can look up while its hooked up for verification or additional info that may help?

Last edited by quickkyle; 09-13-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:06 AM
Almost a VIP

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickkyle View Post
HI,

I was actually doing this for a sprint phone which is why i used the cdma version of the unlocker. did i do something wrong that you can think of? WHen i go into boot loader mode, it still says

RUUNBH

VOGU100
SPL-0.41.Coke
CPLD-3

I am now also running into the problem of trying to get the phone back to the locked or factory bootloader and it freezes up flashing the new rom at 29% always with error 262 in the ruu.

By the way 2 things. 1. I really appreciate any help I can get.
and
2. The phone is semi functional at this point where in i can use it while its hooked up to usb without it resetting. is there any info i can get or version numbers i can look up while its hooked up for verification or additional info that may help?
This is fixable..

You flashed the wrong Unlocker...

Flash the 2.31 unlocker and then reflash the sprint official ROM found on HTC's website and THEN you can flash to the custom ROM you want
Old 09-17-2008, 02:58 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i kno all the vets have to be getting tired of all the same noobie questions. (i have read and searched, just cant find it agian) so any help or a point in the right direction would greatly be appreciated. thanks.
(i have sprint htc touch)

i downloaded the imcokemans unlocker 2.31v, on my pc.
i formated my microsd card to fat32.
what file do i have to put in the root of my sd card? is it "Voguimg2.nbh"? do i then rename that file (or if im wrong about that file, the right one) to "voguimg.nbh"
ok so after i place the correct file in the root of the sd card, place the card back in the phone and just follow the rest of the directions, right?

thanks 4 anyones help, and if i forgot a step can u put me back on track.

Last edited by kjhadfield; 09-17-2008 at 03:23 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:48 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
i kno all the vets have to be getting tired of all the same noobie questions. (i have read and searched, just cant find it agian) so any help or a point in the right direction would greatly be appreciated. thanks.
(i have sprint htc touch)

i downloaded the imcokemans unlocker 2.31v, on my pc.
i formated my microsd card to fat32.
what file do i have to put in the root of my sd card? is it "Voguimg2.nbh"? do i then rename that file (or if im wrong about that file, the right one) to "voguimg.nbh"
ok so after i place the correct file in the root of the sd card, place the card back in the phone and just follow the rest of the directions, right?

thanks 4 anyones help, and if i forgot a step can u put me back on track.
Im pretty sure the unlocker has to be run off the computer with the phone plugged in via activesync because it will load a temp SPL and then load the unlocked 2.31 SPL ..
Old 09-17-2008, 12:44 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

okay i unlocked with 2.31 coke and now my bootloader says 2.31 coke. so i take it this means the phone is unlocked now ? the problem i had was i tried to install a custom rom last night by flashing of my sd card and half way during the flash it gave me an error and said flashing failed ? i then had to put the stock sprint 6.1 rom back on the phone. is it ok to have the stock rom on the phone while it's unlocked ? more so why did i get that error when trying to flash that custom rom ?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development