PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 04:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VOGUE
Carrier: BELL

piggy99 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NIce......love it.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP
Carrier: Sprint

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work
Derek, great work! Just loaded this ROM and its almost perfect.

"Touch Keyboard" and "Touch Keypad" are exactly the same thing when I switch b/w them in some apps. (like in "Input" in the Settings screen). Also, it would be great if you left out the extra themes:

Blue Sky Moon
Night Tree
Stormy Field
Turtle

and the custom ringtones.

Edit:
Actually, I don't know if it's just buggy or what, but in some apps. I get the keyboard that looks almost like the qwerty keyboard that has the full number row at the top (but with the Vista skin), some apps. I get the keyboard that has the two letters for each key (Vista skinned) and in some apps. I get the keyboard that looks like the cellphone keypad (the one with three letters for each key, also Vista skinned) - the whole time I had "Touch Keyboard" set as the input method and it looks like it changed b/w these three randomly in different programs.

Not sure what to make of it. Could it be the Vista skin causing this?

Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 02-13-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch
Threadstarter

dereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to dereknjenny04
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Derek, great work! Just loaded this ROM and its almost perfect.

"Touch Keyboard" and "Touch Keypad" are exactly the same thing when I switch b/w them in some apps. (like in "Input" in the Settings screen). Also, it would be great if you left out the extra themes:

Blue Sky Moon
Night Tree
Stormy Field
Turtle

and the custom ringtones.

Edit:
Actually, I don't know if it's just buggy or what, but in some apps. I get the keyboard that looks almost like the qwerty keyboard that has the full number row at the top (but with the Vista skin), some apps. I get the keyboard that has the two letters for each key (Vista skinned) and in some apps. I get the keyboard that looks like the cellphone keypad (the one with three letters for each key, also Vista skinned) - the whole time I had "Touch Keyboard" set as the input method and it looks like it changed b/w these three randomly in different programs.

Not sure what to make of it. Could it be the Vista skin causing this?
For the themes and ring tones, I was just too lazy to make an option.xml file for the OEM. I'll do that in my next build.

Which programs are you seeing the issues with the keyboard/keypad? I tried a few ( Text message, e-mail, PIE ) and they worked okay. The Vista Skins are just swapping out image files, so I don't see where they would cause an issue.

It will change between the full qwerty board and the Touch 20 keyboard for password fields, but other than that, it should stay in the Touch Keyboard.

Did you install any other apps?

-Derek

like my work: donate a buck

Old 02-13-2008, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

argov is just getting started
Thanks, very nice.
i was working with the Rom for few hours with no problems, until a minute ago

long call and the phone lockup, is it only on my phone ?

any one with idea ?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero & EVO 4G

stylz3 is keeping up the good workstylz3 is keeping up the good work
Derek job well done on this new custom rom. so far so good as far as stability, speed and performance is concerned. I just have to questions.

1. Do you have a cab file for HTC random Access? I really think its pretty handy for scrolling contacts.

2. Is there a way to remove the ringtones you put into the ROM? Not really feeling them.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:15 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylz3 View Post
Derek job well done on this new custom rom. so far so good as far as stability, speed and performance is concerned. I just have to questions.

1. Do you have a cab file for HTC random Access? I really think its pretty handy for scrolling contacts.

2. Is there a way to remove the ringtones you put into the ROM? Not really feeling them.
He already addressed your question #2, just 2 posts prior to yours:

For the themes and ring tones, I was just too lazy to make an option.xml file for the OEM. I'll do that in my next build.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mr.BeBoT is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylz3 View Post

A:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=cab+goodness
Old 02-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero & EVO 4G

stylz3 is keeping up the good workstylz3 is keeping up the good work
thanks now i'm all set.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereknjenny04 View Post

Which programs are you seeing the issues with the keyboard/keypad? I tried a few ( Text message, e-mail, PIE ) and they worked okay. The Vista Skins are just swapping out image files, so I don't see where they would cause an issue.

It will change between the full qwerty board and the Touch 20 keyboard for password fields, but other than that, it should stay in the Touch Keyboard.

Did you install any other apps?

-Derek

Ok, I played with the ROM a little more today. When I go to make a text message and I choose the Touch Keyboard, I get the one with two letters per key (the top left key has: qw). When I choose Touch Keypad, I get the one with 9 keys and three letters in each (the top left key has: @.?,). When I use Notes, Excel Mobile, IE (any editable field), OneNote Mobile (when I'm in a new note or editing a note) it does the same thing.

When I go into Word Mobile, the Today Screen weather app. to choose a city, the Calendar to make a new appointment, Contacts to add a new contact, the keyboard briefly pops up and I see the full qwerty keyboard (the one with the number row at the very top of the keyboard, vista-skinned), but then it immediately switches to the Touch Keyboard (the one with two letters per key) by itself. When I switch to Touch Keypad I still get the one with three letters per key and when I switch back to Touch Keyboard I get the one with two letters per key again. I don't know how to get the one with the full keyboard (the vista skinned one with the full number row at the very top of the keyboard).

When I go into PowerPoint Mobile and OneNote Mobile w/o creating a new note (just in the main OneNote Mobile screen) I get that full vista skinned- qwerty keyboard with the full number row at the top whether I choose Touch Keyboard or Touch Keypad.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

dereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to dereknjenny04
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Ok, I played with the ROM a little more today. When I go to make a text message and I choose the Touch Keyboard, I get the one with two letters per key (the top left key has: qw). When I choose Touch Keypad, I get the one with 9 keys and three letters in each (the top left key has: @.?,). When I use Notes, Excel Mobile, IE (any editable field), OneNote Mobile (when I'm in a new note or editing a note) it does the same thing.

When I go into Word Mobile, the Today Screen weather app. to choose a city, the Calendar to make a new appointment, Contacts to add a new contact, the keyboard briefly pops up and I see the full qwerty keyboard (the one with the number row at the very top of the keyboard, vista-skinned), but then it immediately switches to the Touch Keyboard (the one with two letters per key) by itself. When I switch to Touch Keypad I still get the one with three letters per key and when I switch back to Touch Keyboard I get the one with two letters per key again. I don't know how to get the one with the full keyboard (the vista skinned one with the full number row at the very top of the keyboard).

When I go into PowerPoint Mobile and OneNote Mobile w/o creating a new note (just in the main OneNote Mobile screen) I get that full vista skinned- qwerty keyboard with the full number row at the top whether I choose Touch Keyboard or Touch Keypad.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that is the expected behavior. The only time you will see the full qwerty board is when entering a password field ( i.e. when setting up an e-mail account ).

There is a registry hack that will put the keyboard into full qwerty mode all the time.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development