PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 08:38 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
Derek - how do I install the .nbh file ? is there a base installer somewhere where I have to replace the .nbh with yours ?

download this zip I made, unzip somehwere on your pc, put the .nbh in the same folder, run the ROMupdateutility.exe.

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....ateutility.zip
Old 02-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

dereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to dereknjenny04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galerius View Post
Anyone got a link to the most recent, supported ROM release for the Sprint Touch (AKA vogue)?

I am wanting to try the 6.1 upgrade but hesitate to do so without the ability to back up to the working ROM.
Here is the Stock Sprint ROM for the Touch

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@ftp.ppcgeeks...ogue/StockRoms

like my work: donate a buck

Old 02-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

dereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
Derek - how do I install the .nbh file ? is there a base installer somewhere where I have to replace the .nbh with yours ?
I assume you have unlocked the boot loader as well.

Just Follow Old Man Jenkins instructions, and as long as you have the boot loader unlocked, you should be good to go.

Also, remember, if you flash back to the OEM ROM, you have to unlock the bootloader again.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
@ Old Man Jenkins and derek - Thanks. Downloading now
Old 02-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereknjenny04 View Post
I created a cab for the Sprint Touch Keyboard ( not duo ). It is my first attempt at creating a cab, so hopefully it will work.
first, i would like to thank you very much for doing this. FINALLY the correct keyboard!

but, i am experiencing a strange issue. when i am typing and, maybe hit a wrong key (thereby trying to create a nonexistent word), it deletes the entire word i was trying to type. i therefore have to be very careful not to make any mistakes.

for example, try typing the "L" key once, and then the "OP" key four times...does it delete the word? this happening to anyone else? or the "L" key once and the "M" key once?

not sure if its a problem with the keyboard, but it wasnt happening before...

thanks!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2561 View Post
first, i would like to thank you very much for doing this. FINALLY the correct keyboard!

but, i am experiencing a strange issue. when i am typing and, maybe hit a wrong key (thereby trying to create a nonexistent word), it deletes the entire word i was trying to type. i therefore have to be very careful not to make any mistakes.

for example, try typing the "L" key once, and then the "OP" key four times...does it delete the word? this happening to anyone else? or the "L" key once and the "M" key once?

not sure if its a problem with the keyboard, but it wasnt happening before...

thanks!
I tried it, and I just got Loooo, if I hit backspace, then it brought back loop and other words. Mine is part of the ROM though, so not sure if that makes a difference. Maybe some other people that installed it from .CAB can provide some feedback.

There might be one .dll file that is different between the CAB and my ROM. If others are experiencing, then I can repackage the .CAB and upload it and see if that helps.

Edit: Here is an up to date with what I have in my ROM, again, this might be exactly the same as the other one, but I did change one dll at some point today.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SprintTouchKeyBoard.zip (1.57 MB, 77 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by dereknjenny04; 02-06-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, 700wx, mogul, touch, touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sidwin is keeping up the good worksidwin is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by argov View Post
Thanks,
Rom working, now we need to wait for radio update =D>
man i couldn't agree with you more. my $600 phone bt sucks 600x worse than my $100 katana. i thought it was my bt radio at first then i realzied it was the phone....
Old 02-07-2008, 01:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP
Quote:
I tried it, and I just got Loooo, if I hit backspace, then it brought back loop and other words. Mine is part of the ROM though, so not sure if that makes a difference. Maybe some other people that installed it from .CAB can provide some feedback.

There might be one .dll file that is different between the CAB and my ROM. If others are experiencing, then I can repackage the .CAB and upload it and see if that helps.

Edit: Here is an up to date with what I have in my ROM, again, this might be exactly the same as the other one, but I did change one dll at some point today.
i am not having this issue.. i also get loooo
Old 02-07-2008, 02:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
Quote:
Cool. I hadn't heard much feedback on my ROM, at least I know my .CAB works.

downloading rom now. ill give it a test drive for 2 days. thanks for sharing it.

DEREK, check your PM.
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.

Last edited by EDGE23; 02-07-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff
Quote:

hmm. well ok thanks. will try and troubleshoot over the nxt few days.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development