PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM} Generic Manilla Lite 23549. 3/20/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooptiewoous View Post
took the cab and made oem droped it in timestampfix.cab someone at xda made the fix .. most of the time after i flash a fix and it works ill cook in the registry and remove the oem
Thanks for you response!

That is what I currently do right now too. But someone reported that this fix will only work correctly when the phone is off. Meaning, if your phone was off and you received a text at 12:00 PM and you then turn your phone on at 1:00 PM your text would then show a timestamp of 1:00 PM and Not 12:00 PM... I never tested this... But to me that is no big deal... But to someone else it just might me.

Now there is some fixes for both sprint and USCC for the Vogue. (HTC website) No other carrier offers the fix at this time.
I have tried to replace the rilphone.dll from both sprint and USCC... Sprint rilphone.dll caused my Activesync Icon to always display as disconnected. But the Timestamp was fixed with no Regedit... The USCC worked just fine but needs a Regedit and thus causing the problem above (untested)...

The "Fixed" rilphone.dll is made for WM 6.0 ROMS (however someone did report a 6.5 ROM worked) but not on 6.5.3 ROMS. The rilphone.dll is device specific, I tried some others and it turned off my raido... We either need to find out if the current rilphone.dll can be patched or just live with the problem above... Which I'm OK with too.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

sys 23551 out, going to do some cooking and testing. May post later today if anyone wants it.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VOGUE 6.5.3
Carrier: SPRINT

wooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to wooptiewoous

[QUOTE=Lmiller1708;1661815]Thanks for you response!
ril is just a 3rd party to talk to the os.. so if the radio number is the same in the ril and the os they will work together is not build dependant its radio dependant i believe going from memory..

ex:REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL]
"Dll"="fakeril.dll"
"Prefix"="RIL"
"Order"=dword:3
"Index"=dword:1
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\RIL]
"CapsNotificationImplParams"=dword:00000004
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\Ril]
"Packet"=dword:1
"Contexts"=dword:3
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\RIL]
"NetworkType"=dword:1
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone]
"Features"=dword:0202C718
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone]
"FeaturesAlternative"=dword:0002F818
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone]
"Features"=dword:18
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Phone\Providers\Heuristi csAgents]
"Fake Network"="{F5986DBE-F3CF-4d2b-BEBA-28026D6B8735}"

The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\RIL registry key configures the connection mode and number of concurrent connections used by Radio Interface Layer.
The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\RIL registry key configures the port name used by Radio Interface Layer
The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\CellTSP registry key configures the telephony service provider
The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\RIL registry key has new values
The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\RIL\RemoteCallTyp e registry key is used for Push-To-Talk (PTT) calls. This key is read during the device initialization process, so it must be built into the device image or provisioned using XML.

Packet : REG_DWORD
Specifies the connection mode used by GPRS connections. When set to 0, a RAS-based connection is used. When set to a value greater than or equal to 1, NDIS GPRS is used.
By default, this registry key does not exist. To enable RIL NDIS packet APIs, this registry key must be added to Cellcore.reg.
Contexts : REG_DWORD
Specifies the number of concurrent connections (contexts) accepted by the Connection Manager and the RIL proxy. Only values between 1 and 8 are supported. If set to 0, the default value is used. If set to a value greater than 8, the value is ignored and 8 concurrent connections are accepted.
For PPP-based GPRS connections, if the registry key does not exist, or if the registry setting is 1, the RIL proxy will retrieve the COM (serial) port from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\RIL\DataPort . The COM port is not used for NDIS-based GPRS connections.
By default, this registry setting does not exist. To enable multiple concurrent GPRS connections on a device, this registry key must be added to Cellcore.reg and set to a value greater than 1.

DataPort : REG_SZ
Specifies the name of the serial port to be used for PPP-based data connections. The serial port is not used for NDIS-based GPRS connections.
This registry setting is only used if the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\RIL\Contexts key has not been set.
DisableCPHSOverride : REG_DWORD
By default, the CPHS operator name (the operator name stored in the SIM) overrides all other stored operator names when the user is registered on the Home PLMN (Public Land Mobile Network) and EONS is not enabled. In that case, the CPHS name is displayed as the operator name.
Setting this value to 1 disables CPHS override. When override is disabled, the sample RIL driver then queries registry values keyed by network number, hard-coded tables and radio responses for the operator name.
The EONS string, if enabled, takes precedence over CPHS override.
EONSEnabled : REG_DWORD
When set to 1, specifies that EONS (Enhanced Operator Name String) is available.
When set to 0 or not present, EONS is not used. The operator name is then set using the CPHS override, unless the override has been explicitly disabled.

The IMGPTT flag needs to be set in the platform.reg file.

Some general info..

RIL allows reuse of the underlying hardware layer by using a device driver approach and stub DLLs for every application.

So in short the one that works just needs a tweeking to the reg to fix there call values
Attached Files
File Type: zip tstril.zip (1.06 MB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip ril Text.zip (39.1 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

MY VOGUE WILL ONLY SURRENDER TO THE SNAPDRAGON

Last edited by wooptiewoous; 03-27-2010 at 11:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

Updated first post with 23551 lite manilla with internet boost cooked in.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VOGUE 6.5.3
Carrier: SPRINT

wooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to wooptiewoous
Re: {ROM} Generic Manilla Lite 23551. 3/27/2010

so did the change n pge pool give i the speed
Old 03-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Well what I did was load your chicken rom up, since that was the fastest internet rom for me, and did a download test. The problem is where I live I have hardly any service, I'm lucky if I get 1 bar of evdo. It downloaded at 135-150kbs, which isn't bad for having little service. I then flashed my rom with the internet boost and 20pp and it downloaded roughly the same. Your rom seem to keep the speed above 90kbs, where as my rom kept fluctuating from 50kbs, to 150kbs. It only dropped every once in a while, but your rom never dropped below 90kbs. Thanks again for all your help. Now just need to figure out how to change icons and stuff to really tailor the rom.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Would anyone want a rom with arkswitch cooked in it. If you don't know what that is, it is a task manager that drops down when you press the upper left corner of the screen. Also tells you how much mem is free.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: bell

logcen is a n00b

if you could make a rom with quickmenu that would be great. these base roms are great thanks for your work!
Old 04-05-2010, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

mikledw is becoming a great contributor

what exactly does Internet booster do, to make your Internet faster?
Old 04-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikledw View Post
what exactly does Internet booster do, to make your Internet faster?
That's what they say...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development