PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 03:06 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Saving contacts to SD card

PPCPIMBackup is free. http://www.dotfred.net/
Old 12-01-2009, 06:23 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

ugh, gotta love the neeeewbs sometimes, ready to ditch his phone......for another phone hed have to do the same thing on to back up his contacts lol tooo rich...

uhh dude, pim is the same, if you used total command or similiar and not plain old file explorer to view, youd see .vol in there... and pimbackup.cab is a file you have to download... though its in most custom roms, but im really hopin your not quite on to those yet given the nature "dilemma".. if you feel like you absolutely need something to control from your comp to do it all, since your hellbent on commands and keystrokes, DashWire might be the way to go for you, that or myphone as suggested above
Old 12-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I cant understand why people wont just upload a file, or use the proper one?

The first one shows extensions like Windows Explorer, the second is the HTC Data Backup cab.

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: cab fexploreext205.CAB (42.8 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Data_Backup.cab (172.4 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mIQ Live is a n00b

A couple people have suggested Dashwire on here. Just wanted to jump in and let you know Dashwire isn't taking new accounts, but you should check out mIQ.

The app is still made by Dashwire, Inc. and does the same thing (plus a few new sweet features like calendar sync) Will sync your contacts wirelessly and the service is still free.

If you try it out let us know what you think!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mIQ Live View Post
A couple people have suggested Dashwire on here. Just wanted to jump in and let you know Dashwire isn't taking new accounts, but you should check out mIQ.

The app is still made by Dashwire, Inc. and does the same thing (plus a few new sweet features like calendar sync) Will sync your contacts wirelessly and the service is still free.

If you try it out let us know what you think!
So... is Dashwire discontinued? Did you get bought out by Best Buy? And why rebrand? Dashwire was a more effective name, IMO
Old 12-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Lurker

mIQ Live is a n00b

hey we kinda like Dashwire too But, no we did not get bought out. Dashwire's purpose is to provide mobile solutions for tech companies, and Best Buy happened to be our first partner. We're still here though and working on plenty of more solutions that you will be seeing in the future. In the meantime, tell us your feedback about mIQ! We're curious how people like it.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Retired Moderator

I just signed up and used mIQ.

All I have to say is WOW! This is a pretty awesome service! I'm especially impressed by the web interface - It's very fast and easy to navigate.

I do lots of bug testing, so I try to look for everything that can be improved, so don't take these the wrong way.
What can be improved/fixed:

1. Privacy. I noticed under the media tab, the pictures are set to be shared by default. The default setting should be private for the security of users' content. However on the phone application, it showed that privacy was enabled for photos/videos. You may want to check this out and make sure the settings match up.

2. Time zone/Clock settings. I'm not quite sure where the issue lies, but all of my appointments are showing times 1 hour later than what I have them set for in my phone. Strangely, calls are showing one hour earlier than when they occurred.

3. Sync issues (possibly isolated). I cancelled a sync and could not resync until I soft-reset my device. (It said syncing but it didn't move the progress bar for 20 minutes. Once I reset it finished instantly).

4. Configuration. This is a biggie - when the app is installed on the device, I cannot stress how important it is to have an initial configuration screen. mIQ synced my ENTIRE "My Pictures" folder on my storage card. For some this may be fine, but I have over 1000 large images in that folder that I copied from my digital camera. It would be better if on the first run, users were presented with a screen that asked them what they would like to sync, manual/automatic, and privacy.

5. Device GUI. This isn't as major as the others because the program is pretty simple. However, it would be a nice addition to have an improved interface. Ideas: better progress bar, skinned buttons, background, less plain intro screen. I do graphic design so if you'd like, I can make the graphics for the application. I specialize in GUIs so I have an eye for these things

Those are the main things I can find right now. I will post more as I find them. Besides those, this is an awesome service! I will discuss this with the rest of the staff and I may personally write an article/review on the front page of the site. Let me know if you can submit the above improvements to the development team.

Last edited by [sammich]; 12-02-2009 at 07:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorla Droid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Pele2048 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
ugh, gotta love the neeeewbs sometimes, ready to ditch his phone......for another phone hed have to do the same thing on to back up his contacts lol tooo rich...

uhh dude, pim is the same, if you used total command or similiar and not plain old file explorer to view, youd see .vol in there... and pimbackup.cab is a file you have to download... though its in most custom roms, but im really hopin your not quite on to those yet given the nature "dilemma".. if you feel like you absolutely need something to control from your comp to do it all, since your hellbent on commands and keystrokes, DashWire might be the way to go for you, that or myphone as suggested above
Thing is, most of the apps I've found via Google say you need to use a Windows PC to install it to your phone... As I've said before, I do not have a Windows PC.

Never heard of Total Command. Perhaps it'd have been a little more helpful in telling me about it first.

I'm not trying to flash on a Custom Windows Mobile based ROM, I'm trying to flash Android from an HTC Dream/TMobile G1 onto this phone with the Verizon radio...

I'll try with Total Command or another app suggest above and report back.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Just what I use and not to bust on others, but I have pim backup. It is not a cab, it is an exe file. I keep it on my sd card so that I don't have to depend on a rom to have it in there, I don't have to install the cab every time I flash and it will auto run from sd card to auto update (or save) at a givin time. Any time I do a hard reset, I just go to pim backup on sd card, set up to schedule every day at 5 am, set to overide previous and to only save one file. Confirm schedule, and back out and press restore. It keeps all your text, all your contacts, their info and the pic you assinged to them. You can set it to back up your emails, but after you set up your email service thru device and have it send last 3 days of mail, it will over write what pim put on your device, so no need to save email. It will save pic msgs, but won't save the media in the pic msg. If you were really interested in the media, you would have saved it to your sd card as soon as it came. If you do a search for Sashimi, sd config, or pim backup, you find how each works and they are all free. If you search for cabintegr you will find a program that will make cabs using your device, and changing regs to cabs. You can make an install that will install all your cabs after a flash and even install saved regs for you without having to convert it to a cab. The install will save to the root of your device, and you will need to find it and put on your sd card since it will delete on a hard reset and a flash and you would have to make it again. It is not as pretty as sashimi, and I havn't tried sd config, but it works. And some roms don't work with user customization, and sashimi will try to re-install everything after every soft reset you do unless you go to file explorer/windows/startup and delete the files in there from sashimi that loaded there after flash. Since I'm giving this work around on how to use it free, I won't post the link to, or provide the cab, but it is a 7 day trial cab and then you have to purchase after that. If you flash alot, always install to device as the trial period will start over from a flash. If you keep a rom and install to device, after 7 days it is no good. Over write the install to sd card will start trial period over, and after 7 days, over write install to device. Switching install location will start trial period over and keep the program free as long as you keep switching (cabintegr). None of these methods will rely on a net connection, and you wont have to worry about it getting received by others that try to hack you device info account. There is also a free program that has an anti-virus, contact, video, and pic backup, as well as device location in case lost and a "nuke device" that will wipe everything from it in case it is lost or stolen. It will also re-install this info to new device with same phone # and keep a file backup of all updates. It only saves info that is on phone and not sd card. It is formally known as flexilis and has recently changed to lookout. If you wish to pay for something that does the same as these free apps, it's your money not mine.

Oh ya, they are all cabs or progs that can be found on net, using your device, downloaded, and saved on your device to sd card and don't need any action thru a pc to get them to work. Everything can be done on phone it's self.

Last edited by jpwhre; 12-03-2009 at 02:10 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Lurker

mIQ Live is a n00b

@⌥ saumaun ☢ :

Really appreciate the review and all your suggestions! Will definitely pass them on to the dev team. I know they're already working on the Time zone/Clock settings issue, hope to have that worked out ASAP.

Thanks for taking the time to test us out! Absolutely send us more feedback as you have it. Thanks for the support!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro