PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: Sprint

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx
The lucky Touch Pro. Im still satisfied.

whoah a 2 minute post-reader below.. Do so at your own time/risk. Sure I feel you if you have legitimate hardware problems of course their out their, sprint is even admitting it. but damn.

I've actually become surprised reading the numerous posts about why my touch pro sucks, its broke so many times, it doesn't do what I want. oh poo. give me another phone now!! GIMME.

Maybe its my phone experience coming from the first Razr for ATT then the Sony Ericsson K750i(woot) to Mogul then to Touch Pro. It was freaking sweet getting the benefits of paying for insurance and upgrading for $100 from my broken *** mogul. It's been nearly a year now since I've beaten and heavily used my touch pro. "Lucky" for me? Sure I'll accept that so all the T.P. haters out there now can forget trying to persuade me from changing my mind so far.

My touch pro that I've used and flashed since the 2nd day of owning it for once again almost a whole year now has the keyboard fully working still. All the custom roms I use are fast/zippy/speedy. I can run google maps, midomi, send texts, Opera mini, skyfire, and play music just as easy as I please. Sure I have to use my finger to navigate through the menus and wait mere seconds for them to load. Was not to hard to set up the programs into the program tab and use a task manager to switch back and forth between them in manila as I pleased to end them or continue. The Album is great for viewing my pixs (taking them of course is a different story. ITS A PHONE NOT A CAMERA I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT) gps weather locks in 5 seconds. I can play 4 different game systems with free games.... not to mention the other 100 or more plus flash based games. Bing is free GPS really no need for garmin in my car...I love to customize my clocks anytime I please same with the awesome background options and visual enhancements.

sure we all know the cons-

battery sucks, and you MIGHT have to soft reset 1-2 times a day, Phone overheats. Spend an extra 20 on a battery and boom there is half most hated problems gone there.

Sure. I would be mad or disappointed probably if I just spend $300 on it today, when there are finally some other great phones on the market. Hey that's electronic technology for you. As soon as you buy it, boom the next week there is something better for the same price or cheaper. This was last years investment it payed off for me.

There now someone can read about an enlightening post about the Touch Pro in it's forum and not a negative rant about how dissatisfied you are with out dated technology.

Personal Thanks to
DCD- Helped me out when i first started with W.M.
Psyki-First great T.P. rom I flashed.
Silence-Quality builds that allow me to pimp my phone and have friends envy it.
Raidzero-The Chef who im currently using
PPCGEEKS- For supplying all this to me
ANYTHING 'nue'- you tha man!
And the numerous other developers who contribute so much for this device making it a pleasure for me to use.

Last edited by philliyxx; 10-21-2009 at 09:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: The lucky Touch Pro. Im still satisfied.

I agree with your post.

I was fine with my Touch Pro until I was at a house warming this past Monday and my phone got knocked out of my hands and flew down a flight of stairs and hit the marble floor =/

I <3 Android
Old 10-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

my Touch pro never has broke i have scratches/chipped chrome due my case not holding my phone right. As for problems i once had a corrupt SPL but i fixed that myself and haven't really had much other problems. and for me my phone barely gets under 60% but i barely use internet or e-mail or anything just mostly texting.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:15 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

its hard to be happy with a phone that can't operate for longer than a half hour at 50% battery while sitting on a charger, i'm sorry. that just shouldn't be. but my chrome shouldn't have cracked off (never dropped it), the screen shouldn't have popped out, the power button and volume buttons shouldn't have stopped working, the end call button shouldn't have stopped working, the phone shouldn't hard reset itself every few hours leaving me at an align screen menu with a blank device waiting for me when i have to make a call, and it certainly should work fine out of the box with average usage for a year or more. the keyboards shouldn't die, the dpad shouldn't lift up, the screen shouldn't flicker enough to cause a seizure, and the software shouldn't have glitches.

we make excuses for these phones because "they're windows mobile", and "its made for numerous devices, so hardware compatibility is difficult..." that's not our problem. why do so many people put up with this? from a consumer's point of view, i find it negligent that htc doesn't release proper video drivers, and customers who paid a LOT of money for these devices actually stick up for them! "welll......qualcomm charges a lot more for the 3d drivers..." f-that. you want an "enlightened" rant? there's one.

get a hero, get a blackberry, get an iphone. strange thing about these devices....THEY WORK!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AllTel HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

DMWagner is becoming a great contributor

I just go my TP a week ago or so. Replacement for my 6800/Mogul that I dropped. I loved my Mogul. I liked the way it felt in my hand, and the finish on the Alltel one didn't show fingerprints and was fairly rugged.

The TP is much fancier. I find it always getting smugded up, but it sure is a nice phone. I am very pleased with it, even though a week after I got it, I had to get it replaced because of the keyboard failing.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:15 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I liked my apache and my mogul.

I like my TP

All of them had problems of one sort or another, but that's just life.

Glad your TP is working for you, too.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Nice post, and I agree. I am on my 2nd TP (keyboard issues on the first), but I had that TP for 8 months, and this one is zipping right along...
Old 10-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

boraxman is a n00b

I feel like I have been lucky w/ my TP, bought on Ebay slightly used, for a good price. I have not had any problems aside from a hairline crack in the chrome that just showed up. Yes it gets warm and battery life is marginal but it works for me.

I have been looking to upgrade as im out of contract on Sprint $30 SERO. TP2 just doesnt look that appealing for $350, so I wait to see whats around the corner.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Looks like I am not alone!!! I am on my second TP, the first I had to replace about 2 weeks, It was rebooting like crazy even after a hard reset. But that I think was caused by the butthead of a driver from UPS that tossed my phone over the fence and mad a 4" triangle hole in my screen door!
Sprint had made arrangments for me to pick up a new one at the store. I took it to the Ivisashield dude at the mall and he peeled the wrappers off and totaly skinned it. Even now, NO ISSUES!!! And it has been about 7 months now.
I have no beefs with the people that acually have had issues but the rest of you pinheads that have good TP's that are scamming the system...you suck. Some whine about battery life..get a charger in your car and one at work. Trim your power usage on your phone, or get an extra battery, this is the same thing we had to do for our Moguls!
The TP has more power usage because it is stronger and faster than the Mogul, common sense should tell you that! If you can't trim your power usage or find means to supply it then the HTC product may not be for you. Yes I think the video acceleration drivers would be nice, longer battery life would be great, but you deal with what you got.
I beat my Tp like it owes me money day in and day out. C-ApiSRO most of the day, Craigslist posting reading responding, phone calls @ 1200min+ per month, movies, music, groovefish (kicks pandora's butt IMO!), accel to do my price sheets, games. The damn thing just works! It does what I want , there is better phones out there but this is what I got till the Omnia Pro slider or better comes out. All this fussing about "gotta have a TP2!" I will wait, the TP2 is not worth the bother in my opinion. I would love to see all the Swap TP to TP2 threads closed and deleted, the crap is getting way too old!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Last edited by elmerfudpucker; 10-22-2009 at 11:10 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AllTel HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

DMWagner is becoming a great contributor

I am not so sure I would want the increase in size of TP2 over the TP1.

http://www.fuzemobility.com/the-tale...-touch-pro-ii/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro