PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 02:06 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: A Bitter Sweet Goodbye to PPCGeeks :(

i'm a wm fan all the way
i feel kind of locked down with other phone OS's
Old 09-18-2009, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Urufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good workUrufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good work

Forget the Hero, I'm waiting for the LEO!

http://ai.rs/2009/09/htc-leo-video-review/
Old 09-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
i'm a wm fan all the way
i feel kind of locked down with other phone OS's
I do to in a way. But the Pre is becoming more and more customizable. It also seems the more I tweak and tinker with my TP, the worse it runs. I don't know, maybe it's the nostalgia of not having to soft reset? lol

I to will skip the Hero for the LEO! That's if the LEO comes sprint's direction!
Old 09-18-2009, 04:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Why do you have to leave PPCGEEKS?? They have a PRE section too http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84
Maybe a name change is due? With a name like PPCgeeks... it might not attract as many Android or Pre users.

But perhaps PPCgeeks should stay centered on Winmo devices.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

How did you yet sprint to agree to give you a different phone?! I tried for 3 hours on the phone with retentions etc. and more time in a store and still no dice. My keyboard has failed 4 times in less than 6 months.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:28 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_blues View Post
I never really posted much on here, but I have learned so much from all the threads. So first and foremost I'd like to thank all the contributers, ROM cookers etc for all the great information.

Unfortunately, my 3rd Touch Pro has failed. Same issue, dead keyboard. This is the 3rd one since June.... No water damage, never dropped, just heavy usage. The most recent replacement was received on Aug 27 and the keyboard died this monring 9/17... not even a month.

As much as I love this phone and all it has to offer, I just can't deal with the reliability issues. A TP2 just costs too much right now Sprint, and I just dropped 300 on this one in June. So Sprint is working with me to get a different phone, at a very reduced price, but I'm limited to Blackberry or a Pre for my needs. So, with that being said and not being a Blackberry fan, looks like a Pre is heading my way.

I hate to jump ship, but I have no choice. I have 30 days to "review" the Pre. So the 6.5 phones will be out then, but for now, I bid you all a fairwell and a huge thank you for all the information and support!!
What, only four times? I got one in October and have had 14 in that time... None of which I broke, all defective *shrug*

I want them to swap me to a TP2 but I have to wait till this Touch Pro dies. I know it's just a matter of time.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:38 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Good bye and Re-welcome.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
What, only four times? I got one in October and have had 14 in that time... None of which I broke, all defective *shrug*

I want them to swap me to a TP2 but I have to wait till this Touch Pro dies. I know it's just a matter of time.
keep getting replacements, they're bound to run out or give up making something so shpitty. then TP2's for all!! (and isn't that Leo just a Touch HD??? it looks just like the TP2) I heard the TP2 was capacitive
Old 09-19-2009, 06:48 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no, the TP2 is resistive just like the TP1. The LEO will be capacitive with multi touch and etc.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

PatientTwo is just getting started

i had the palm pre for not even a month and a alf ad i had to get three replacements because the frist one over heated on he charger and the screen cracked and the other two just plain quit i think the touch pro is the most reliable phone i have had

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro