PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boraxman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stuck in 1x

After a trip and trying to use Internet Sharing and forcing into EVDO all I get is 1x. Wont go back to EVDo even after a hard reset.

I did search and have tried updating PRL unsuccessfully, keep getting error 1012

Is there anyway to fix this without having to use Sprint? I cant even make a call without dropping out.

Thanks.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s
Re: Stuck in 1x

Quote:
Originally Posted by boraxman View Post
After a trip and trying to use Internet Sharing and forcing into EVDO all I get is 1x. Wont go back to EVDo even after a hard reset.

I did search and have tried updating PRL unsuccessfully, keep getting error 1012

Is there anyway to fix this without having to use Sprint? I cant even make a call without dropping out.

Thanks.
Try another radio
Old 09-09-2009, 03:48 PM
VIP Status!!

Lilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Lilhgarcia

Prob going to have to do one of those complete hard reset where you have to re-enter your MID and MSL but you can try dialing ##3282# - Edit - Menu - Restore

Also click view and make sure active profile is @ 1

M300 - Rumor2 - Treo 750 - Treo 755p - Centro - Blackberry Pearl - Mogul - Touch - iPhone - Diamond - Touch Pro
Don't Forget To Click
Old 09-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

boraxman is a n00b

I was with Sprint tech support for a good 1/2 hour, they had me try all kinds of reprogramming and programming on their end. I gave up with them and ended up fixing it myself...I think. I reloaded the stock ROM and bam EV is back.

Reloaded new custom ROM and EV stayed.

The whole thing was weird..tech suggest because I drove many miles on a trip and switched many towers that it may have messed my phone.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just posted about this same issue a few seconds ago. How did you fix it? I wasnt able to even going back to stock. I went through 4 roms and 4 radios
Old 09-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've had this issue(1x stuck) for the past several hours. Called sprint and was told they were messing with towers in my area. I told them I drive around alot for work and it's the same all over (scottsdale/phoenix), so I think that is a BS response. I flash alot and wondering if something messed up,I had just tried bam's 32mb pp stock rom, but, I'm back on sprint oem shipped rom, radio 112.xx.xx. I do not have option to check settings under phone/services/mode of operation as it is not listed on this rom. I tether, so DL'ing a new rom would conceivably take a couple hours at 1x speeds and be a pain not even knowing if it would help.I've heard of a registry adjustment for enabling the mode of operation under phone services , but don't know how to get to it. Never played with reg edits before. Could this be a touch pro issue and a permanent F/U? Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by cbreze; 09-16-2009 at 11:35 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro