PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

lightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Having problems with Data after Alltel/Verizon Merger

Ok, so throughout the whole Alltel and Verizon "merger", my data's been a bit sketchy. For instance, on one given night, my service dropped out completely (phone, text, and data) until midnight. That may have possibly been the night they switched systems, but regardless, it remedied itself and I didn't worry about it any after the situation.

Now, for the past few days (more like a week) my data has not been working. Curiously, it would "connect" with no problems, but no data would be transferred (Verizon possibly blocking my ESN?)

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now that Alltel has been absorbed by Verizon. Do I keep all of my same connection credentials and pray that it gets fixed? Or do I replace all of my current Alltel values with the Verizon ones. So far I've tried letting it remedy itself and I've also tried inputting the Verizon keys, DMU, server settings, etc. but to no avail.

I'm really in a pinch here guys. I rely heavily on my data and not having it for the past week is really making me hurt.

Any suggestions or possible fixes are greatly appreciated and will be properly thanked.

Thanks in advance,

Jay
Old 09-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raphael-CDMA
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Iamthelorax is a n00b
Re: Having problems with Data after Alltel/Verizon Merger

I had some problems a few weeks ago with this. I just called them and they basically told me it was an area wide problem. I havent had any data issues since, and I am basically using the default settings for alltel. Actually I have flashed about 4 roms in past 2 weeks and everyone of the generic roms worked for data without having to change anything. I would call them because if its that bad, they need to help you. Have you tried a *228 since verizon took over? Might try that first and reprogram.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:48 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I would definatly try *228 then option 1 to update everything.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 09-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

lightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stuff

Thanks for the suggestion and that was my first thought as well. Unfortunately that hasn't worked for me either

I suppose I could try calling Verizon and see what they say, but I don't hold high hopes of that getting me anywhere. I expect they'll just tell me that my "Alltel phone is not compatible with the Verizon network" and I "need to 'upgrade' to a Verizon phone."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthelorax View Post
Have you tried a *228 since verizon took over? Might try that first and reprogram.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6975

edev is a n00b

I had (broke it last night) a Sprint TP on Alltel during the merger. I tried to worked with Tech support to see if I can used the EVO circuit, I can only use 1x for Data (this was stated in a previous Post issue.)

Getting to your Posting, I dropped my phone and got it replaced with the Verizon XV6850 version , and what I was told about data and features is, since I was still on an Alltel version of the Friends and Family that not all features in the service areas would work. This maybe your answer but I am not sure.

All I can tell you is to contact Tech support and Tier 3-4 support will return your call and try to upload a service pack to your phone. This conversion isn't going as they planned, as there having issues with phones and rolling services.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yeah, I am on a Friends and Family plan.

I may try and contact them now that you say they'll actually try to do something.

I mean, I realize the merger isn't going as planned, but they had to know how difficult it would be to merge two companies of such magnitude. Especially two that provide similar services but not the same.

Thanks for the replies guys. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm also open to those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edev View Post
what I was told about data and features is, since I was still on an Alltel version of the Friends and Family that not all features in the service areas would work. This maybe your answer but I am not sure.

All I can tell you is to contact Tech support and Tier 3-4 support will return your call and try to upload a service pack to your phone. This conversion isn't going as they planned, as there having issues with phones and rolling services.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE
Carrier: VZW

jetdavdub is a n00b

they got rid of alltel's smtp server too without notice, they told me SOL your on your own on that. stupid merger. so i use gmail now for outgoing on my work email account on my ppc
Old 09-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

shayes5 is a n00b

I WAS having the same problem after upgrading to verizon phones. I would also get roaming messages even when I wasn't. The only trick I could find to get signal and get rid of roaming messages was to load the last Alltel PRL from our Alltel phones. Now I am no longer "roaming" and have the same great service I did before. When I called into Verizon and asked they said they show me as using their towers so I should have no problems with this.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raph800
Carrier: Alltel

Siacono is just getting started

I got a text from the system telling me to do *22896 on a curtain date (dont remember the date). I did and it programmed in like 10 sec and I have never had a problem since...
Old 09-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

RkMont is a n00b

I didn't get a text like that on my touch pro. My data has been OK. I have a great many missed calls. I know because sometimes they leave a voicemail. The phone didn't ring and the call history shows no calls since the last one I made. Sometimes they don't leave a message but call a little later and tell me about it in the conversation. If I look at the call history the missed call is not there. It's not location because I was at the same spot (work) with strong signal strength many times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro