PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: MetroPCS

mmcneil is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newb chef needs some advice

I'm trying to create a custom CDMA TP rom, but I seem to be having some issues. I've tried to use Caulkins kitchen, but no luck. I tried to use the PPCKitchen, but got tons of duplicates. I then used DCD's kitchen. It worked, but the battery life was horrible and there was no way for me to give it the name I wanted; mmcneil ROM ver. 1.0.00. I moved on to Grooves Visual Kitchen, which actually works, but when you go to Settings->System->About, it still shows "Groove 5" as the ROM version. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

Create a ROM that will contain whatever name I give it, i.e. mmcneil ROM ver. 1.0.00
Create an OEM package for JD's latest version of ArcSoft MMS
Create an OEM package for the latest version of iContact
Create and OEM package for the latest version of S2U2

Can someone let me know what would be the best kitchen to use OR explain how I could actually create my own kitchen from either a stock Sprint ROM or from a pre existing cooked ROM ? I've been searching around for about a month now.

Thanks in advance,

M.McNeil

Old 08-22-2009, 02:01 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Newb chef needs some advice

That's a pretty tall order. Posting instructions on creating kitchens...That takes month's of info gathering from various places. I can offer the OEM help, and I may have already done them in my OEM requests threads. I have that version of arcsoft at home on my laptop and can upload it later if you remind me in a pm.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

RSTOY's signature has given me (and many other people I'm sure) a very solid start for ROM building. Personally, I recommend downloading a blank kitchen and dumping a stock or unprotected ROM into it, and going from there.

Here, I'll upload a blank kitchen for ya.
Attached Files
File Type: rar RAPH_blank_kitchen.rar (1.80 MB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-22-2009, 02:27 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the HTC Touch Pro Forum..
Old 08-22-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
That's a pretty tall order. Posting instructions on creating kitchens...That takes month's of info gathering from various places. I can offer the OEM help, and I may have already done them in my OEM requests threads. I have that version of arcsoft at home on my laptop and can upload it later if you remind me in a pm.
I appreciate the reply, and believe, I KNOW it's a VERY tall order, lol. I'll send you a PM about the OEM's. In the meantime, I'm checking out the tutorials in your sig.

Thanks again,

M.McNeil
Old 08-22-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
RSTOY's signature has given me (and many other people I'm sure) a very solid start for ROM building. Personally, I recommend downloading a blank kitchen and dumping a stock or unprotected ROM into it, and going from there.

Here, I'll upload a blank kitchen for ya.
Much appreciation!!! Thanks.

M.McNeil
Old 08-22-2009, 04:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcneil View Post
I'm trying to create a custom CDMA TP rom, but I seem to be having some issues. I've tried to use Caulkins kitchen, but no luck. I tried to use the PPCKitchen, but got tons of duplicates. I then used DCD's kitchen. It worked, but the battery life was horrible and there was no way for me to give it the name I wanted; mmcneil ROM ver. 1.0.00. I moved on to Grooves Visual Kitchen, which actually works, but when you go to Settings->System->About, it still shows "Groove 5" as the ROM version. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

Create a ROM that will contain whatever name I give it, i.e. mmcneil ROM ver. 1.0.00
Create an OEM package for JD's latest version of ArcSoft MMS
Create an OEM package for the latest version of iContact
Create and OEM package for the latest version of S2U2

Can someone let me know what would be the best kitchen to use OR explain how I could actually create my own kitchen from either a stock Sprint ROM or from a pre existing cooked ROM ? I've been searching around for about a month now.

Thanks in advance,

M.McNeil
right now I am converting (or trying to convert) one of my old style kitchens to ervius. But for many of the requests, if you go to xda developers in the rom section (GSM) there is a panoply of OEMs...

for the name of the rom info, that can be found in the chef corner of everythingdiamond
hope it helps
Old 08-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

read, read, read, then read a whole lot more. no one is going to be able to tell you how to do everything. read, try yourself, fail, figure out why, understand why, do it right, repeat.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

echomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuffechomatics knows their stuff

Quote:
read, read, read, then read a whole lot more. no one is going to be able to tell you how to do everything. read, try yourself, fail, figure out why, understand why, do it right, repeat.
LOL so true! And try your best to break things...
I have been learn so much from just giving it a go and diving in.
Plus so many helpful people in the community that will lend you a hand.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by echomatics View Post
LOL so true! And try your best to break things...
I have been learn so much from just giving it a go and diving in.
Plus so many helpful people in the community that will lend you a hand.

Ok, so after much, and I do mean MUCH, searching, bookmarking, searching and oh yeah, reading... I was able to cook my first ROM using the latest Visual Kitchen from Ervius. I started with a stock sprint rom, dumped it, added some of my own packages, created some XML files for Gmail and Arcsoft MMS regedits and settings, and wala!! First let me say thanks to those of you who replied to my initial question. Second, I have a quick question on creating cabs. I'd like to create a cab that will setup my data connection. I've tried using Ceregeditor, but the cab file it creates doesn't install anything. I'm looking to make something like DCD's carrier cabs, only it'll be for MetroPCS. =D>

Thanks.
MMcNeil

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro