PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Dead Screen?! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81445)

russianmafioso 08-28-2009 05:08 AM

Dead Screen?!

Okay, so recently, i've been noticing a sort of rainbow-like discoloration on my screen that occurs on the very top of the screen. It cannot be seen looking directly onto the screen, but only from an angle. Initially it started in the center, but now it basically encompasses the whole screen. And if i run my thumb over it, it does change colors and move around and change patters. So... why do i have a dead screen you may ask? Because the screen is almost entirely and absolutely unresponsive to my touch. but if i try to manipulate it using the keyboard or buttons it works fine.

bikeandestroyx 08-28-2009 05:17 AM

Re: Dead Screen?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by russianmafioso (Post 1126233)
Okay, so recently, i've been noticing a sort of rainbow-like discoloration on my screen that occurs on the very top of the screen. It cannot be seen looking directly onto the screen, but only from an angle. Initially it started in the center, but now it basically encompasses the whole screen. And if i run my thumb over it, it does change colors and move around and change patters. So... why do i have a dead screen you may ask? Because the screen is almost entirely and absolutely unresponsive to my touch. but if i try to manipulate it using the keyboard or buttons it works fine.

This is a common issue, my screen has this too, but its just starting, i had a previous TP that the whole screen turned into the rainbow looking screen and the screen went completly unresponsive. Your carrier will replace your phone for free, if you point out it is a defect and not moisture, theres a big thread about this somewhere.

I have verizon also, they tried to tell me i got moisture in my screen when it hadnt touched any water.

russianmafioso 08-28-2009 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1126234)
This is a common issue, my screen has this too, but its just starting, i had a previous TP that the whole screen turned into the rainbow looking screen and the screen went completly unresponsive. Your carrier will replace your phone for free, if you point out it is a defect and not moisture, theres a big thread about this somewhere.

I tried searching for it. :scratch:

Also, i did check for moisture and there appears to be none and both of the stickers on my phone check out fine. I just have to reflash it back to stock before i send it in. :mrgreen:

Looks like im going to be calling VZN tomorrow. :angry7:

bikeandestroyx 08-28-2009 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russianmafioso (Post 1126235)
I tried searching for it. :scratch:

Also, i did check for moisture and there appears to be none and both of the stickers on my phone check out fine. I just have to reflash it back to stock before i send it in. :mrgreen:

Looks like im going to be calling VZN tomorrow. :angry7:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49405
there you go just found it^

yeah its not moisture but the adhesive between the layers starting to wear off or warp.
Verizon is open 24/7 if you want to call them dial *611 from your phone and talk to customer service!

russianmafioso 08-28-2009 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1126237)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49405
there you go just found it^

yeah its not moisture but the adhesive between the layers starting to wear off or warp.
Verizon is open 24/7 if you want to call them dial *611 from your phone and talk to customer service!

Perfect, thats what i thought it was. The adhesive, thanks for confirming my suspicions, but unfortunately it also means that im screwed.

bikeandestroyx 08-28-2009 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russianmafioso (Post 1126238)
Perfect, thats what i thought it was. The adhesive, thanks for confirming my suspicions, but unfortunately it also means that im screwed.

no problem man. Why are you screwed, verizon will replace your phone for free since its a manufacture's defect.

russianmafioso 08-28-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1126240)
no problem man. Why are you screwed, verizon will replace your phone for free since its a manufacture's defect.

Because i have to deal with verizon. :disgust:

FML. They say they don't have any more of them in stock?!

kayfouroh 08-28-2009 11:27 AM

Does Sprint recognize that this is a build issue and not a user issue?

russianmafioso 08-28-2009 12:02 PM

I have no idea :(.

I know that verizon has never and will never admit to ****.

Also, if i were to get a new phone would that extend my contract?