PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 12:11 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ideas to return my Touch Pro to the dealer for a new touch pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell262 View Post
http://about.telus.com/legal/terms_conditions.html

Use of Information. You hereby agree that you shall not use any information contained in this Site or the links to this Site in any claims, proceedings, suits or actions against TELUS, its suppliers or affiliates. You may not post, publish, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute information or material on the Site: (a) constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability; (b) which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right or derivative works thereof, without obtaining permission of the copyright holder; (c) otherwise use this Site in a way that is contrary to law or which would adversely impact use of the Site or the Internet by other users including the posting or transmitting of other information or software containing viruses or other disruptive components.

Guys. I think I am going to give up.

It states right on their website that I can't use any info from this website(telus)in a lawsuit to them.
Law suit? Who said anything about a law suit?

You're filing a claim w/ your credit card company like your agreement with your credit card company allows you to do. After you make the claim you just state the facts... the fight is between Telus and your credit card company. At that point you're pretty much out of it. I've won lots of B.S. returns like this. If you allow it, more companies are not going to abide by their own return policies. It makes 'business sense' not to (in some/most cases).

This is why you pay by a CREDIT CARD (and not on-line check, etc.). It gives you consumer protections that you would not otherwise get w/ other methods of payment.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:17 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
I agree with hb, give bored a go those phone-nazis!!
I normally don't do this, but calling telus a bunch of Nazis really trivializes the real travesties of Nazi Germany and the Holocaust. It is offensive to those of us that do have families that were in Eastern Europe at the time.

Can we all quit that?

This is a simple matter for his credit card company to sort out. It sucks that it has to come to that... it sucks that Telus changes their return policies without documentation and notifying their customers.... but that is what credit card disputes are for.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by emd2009 View Post
wow and I thought Sprint was a ***** to deal with!
im not saying Sprint isnt difficult sometimes and it doesnt take a hr and a half long phone call, but in the end i always win.. ive got perks up the *** with them
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg View Post
I normally don't do this, but calling telus a bunch of Nazis really trivializes the real travesties of Nazi Germany and the Holocaust. It is offensive to those of us that do have families that were in Eastern Europe at the time.

Can we all quit that?
i feel your sentiment, but he wasnt trying to be offensive in that sort of fashion man.. you obviously havent seen the brand new pics of Roseanne dressed as Hitler taking burnt gingerbread mean out of the oven on a cookie sheet... and it was a Jewish magazine that did it...

yes it was a travesty, but so are alot of things that happened in this world.. the past is the past.. you cant live in it
Old 08-01-2009, 01:16 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

I too understand how you feel man, if I stayed sensitive to these type of issues I would still be drunk/mad/alone whatever. Gotta develop a tough skin, get some emotional strenght and let words be words and we are here to support.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:35 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg View Post

Can we all quit that?
Sorry man, no offense intended.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:58 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
Sorry man, no offense intended.
Dude, we're cool. Just didn't want that phrase repeated in like every other post from there on out. Just because a company screws over their customers doesn't make them Nazis. Genocide, perhaps, but not simple payment/contract/return disputes.

I 'thanked you' in the post.

Ok back on topic ....
Old 08-01-2009, 09:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Darrell262 is a n00b

PMed you with details.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Darrell262 is a n00b

If I talk to the credit card company, and tell them to withhold my 229$ don't you guys think that telus would just charge that to my phone bill/account?
Old 08-01-2009, 10:36 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell262 View Post
If I talk to the credit card company, and tell them to withhold my 229$ don't you guys think that telus would just charge that to my phone bill/account?
No, you returned their phone in accordance to their return policy. The contract is done. If they argue, then you can negotiate a new phone out of them, etc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro