PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214)

murducky 08-13-2009 07:07 PM

Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawdikrik (Post 1099743)
Just reposting some stuff from NRG thread. People are talking about Sahimi back ups. Gonna try to recommend people come over here:

Run the Lumos configuration program (just like you always would) then copy the "settings.txt" to "sashimi\auto\root\program files\lumus" you will need to create all these folders or figure out some way to copy them. Anything in the root folder copies to whatever folder on your device. Sashimi will create the folders if they don't exist, but typically it installs all the apps first. After an auto install I don't have to do anything with lumos (nice). You can do the same thing with ringers just make a mirror of what directory in "root" and Sashimi will copy them for you when you run it.

Sounds good. I will add this to post 1 soon. thanks !

rawdikrik 08-13-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askwhy (Post 1067368)
For Opera bookmarks, backup the file called 'opera6.adr' in \WINDOWS\Opera and just drop it in the corresponding SASHIMI\Auto\Root\WINDOWS\Opera folder to have it auto-restored when you run SASHIMI.

Dunno about the logins or Rescoe, but I have a few minutes before I have to go see clients -- let me see if I can turn anything up. I will edit this post if I do...

EDIT: You might try using CeRegEditor if you haven't already to find your Rescoe registration data in the registry (if it's there) and then export it to a file. Take a snapshot before you register it, then after, then compare snapshots to find the differences.

FYI... on my Rom (NRG) its called Opera9

askwhy 08-13-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawdikrik (Post 1099918)
FYI... on my Rom (NRG) its called Opera9

I am running the same ROM bro, and the bookmarks file is opera6.adr, even though the Opera version is 9. Just FYI.

EDIT: The folder you mean? Yeah, it's Opera9 where I said Opera, I better update that...Updated. Thanks for the heads up. I must have been slipping when I made those two posts originally, they each had one folder name typo in them (now corrected). Sheesh.

zone23 08-14-2009 09:58 AM

I found that if you backup registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Devices on restore it will restore all bluetooth devices. The only catch is I have not figured out how to get bluetooth headsets to work. All computer connections will work, so its a start. So at least so far I only have to repair my car and headset. All 3 computers work fine.

murducky 08-14-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zone23 (Post 1100825)
I found that if you backup registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Devices on restore it will restore all bluetooth devices. The only catch is I have not figured out how to get bluetooth headsets to work. All computer connections will work, so its a start. So at least so far I only have to repair my car and headset. All 3 computers work fine.

thanks for this... I will look into this a add it to post 1 soon.

Scoob 08-14-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 (Post 1055203)
Great post...does anyone know how to backup the weather and programs info for tf3d? That would be great....thanks and please keep up the great info.

Askwhy has a good write up on the weather tab...

Are you talking about the programs tab?

I found this reference seraching the net and registry with a string of numbers after ProgramLauncher which may correspond to the program shortcut link...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\ProgramLaun cher\0]

I am trying to fill up the tabs and then copy the regs to see that will happen.

zone23 08-14-2009 05:53 PM

yes this key works just back it up once you fill the tabs, it will restore your program file tab you know the last tab with all the shortcuts

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\ProgramLaun cher <- I dont know whats up with the space between the n and the c

zone23 08-14-2009 06:03 PM

this is a good one too:

My Contact Card (thanks to dylan927us)
backup reg key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\People\OwnerInfo export to Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\REG

then go and copy windows\fbcontacts\xxxx.jpg the .jpg should be your profile picture to your sashimi\auto\root\windows\fbcontacts\

If you do this after restore it will have all your contact information and the picture already set after a restore. now I only had one .jpg you may have more the exported key will have the exact .jpg name it will look like this:

"PhotoPath"="\\Windows\\FBContacts\\1536801296.jpg "

open the registry key with notepad on your PC

zone23 08-14-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askwhy (Post 1067404)
Not sure about the programs tab, as I keep it disabled anymore -- but I can help with the weather. To backup your weather settings you need to save a regfile to SASHIMI\Auto\REG with some of the data from --

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]

In particular, you need to backup 'Weather.CityList' but I would also include:

'Weather.ServerURLOverride'
'Locale'
'Weather_Focus'
'Weather.Fahrenheit'
'Weather.PostFirstRun'

After running SASHIMI you will have any pre-cooked-in locations removed and overwritten with your own -- and you will only need to hit 'Update'. For instance my file looks like this:
Not sure if all the chefs have ROMs with the same weather server URL cooked-in, the one above is simply the one that was already in my registry when I went to back it up. I had no idea previously that a special weather patch server tied to the community was even being used to make things happen.

yep I export:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]"Weather.CityList"

zone23 08-14-2009 06:12 PM

It may be posted already but this turn on your bluetooth:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Set tings]"ScanMode"=dword:00000005