PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214)

aguenter322 01-18-2010 07:50 AM

Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

Quote:

Originally Posted by studentjunk (Post 1480241)
Don't worry about sdconfig for now. You can manually run sashimi using the file explorer. I don't know PHreg. If they are being exported to a reg file, you can just put them in the auto\reg folder. Voicemail password is not needed if you dail voicemail from phone - most carriers use caller id to recognize your phone.
Yes, Makisu is what you can use for email settings. I don't know how it works with various mail servers. I use it for pop mail.

I too would like to know how to use SDConfig to launch Sashimi. ](*,)

studentjunk 01-20-2010 05:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I didn't realize he was asking that. Sorry. I figured out how to use the autorun from the manual. Attached is my sdconfig file, which of course is at the root of my sdcard. You can figure out where the other files go by looking at the text of the sdconfig file. I am not sure if this is the most elegant way of autostarting sashimi with a flash. for that matter, I am not even completely sure that it works. I just know that usually sashimi starts on its own when I flash or hard reset.

bigblue 01-26-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alksion (Post 1109386)
I did that but it is definitely not working for me either nor did the weather.

Stocks tab worked, but I dot want to re-add these every flash, anyone find a working solution?

can you let me know, how to back up the stocks tab:?:

Thanks,

biff6789 01-29-2010 05:19 PM

So I followed the instructions for backing up alerts and notifications (from the first page write-up) and they work after sashimi installs. But once I soft reset, half (not all) of the notifications revert back to default.

Any fix for this?

I'm on Mighty's ROM so CM Guardian killer is built in so I know that's not causing it...

studentjunk 01-29-2010 07:13 PM

I read through that post. Easier would be to just use the reg backup feature after you manually set all your settings. So edit your 'regexport.ini' file to include:
Quote:

[Mainsystem]
RegExportDirMode = Auto
notifications = HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications
Manually make all the settings you want, and then open up sashimi and go to tools\registry tools\custom export.

This will backup all the settings in the keys listed in the regexport.ini file. You can also use the 'registry expoert' in the sashimi quicklinks. I actually have a script that runs daily using the shortcut. So my settings are always up to date.

murducky 02-05-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyDawg (Post 1496727)
So has anyone figured out how to do any of the following apps in Sashimi (and keep the configurations):
Sling Player
Windows Live (hotmail)
MyPhone
Facebook (the Windows Mobile app)
QIK
MoTweets

I am new to Sashimi, and I assume I am looking for the reg files that I need to backup and restore. But if anyone knows a better way please let me know.

Sling Player - no
Windows Live (hotmail) - no
MyPhone - yes
Facebook (the Windows Mobile app) - no
QIK - no
MoTweets - no

I have created a better structured Sashimi thread please visit [Guide] Murducky's Guide to Auto User Customization

CovKid66 02-06-2010 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblue (Post 1518826)
can you let me know, how to back up the stocks tab:?:

Thanks,

To backup / restore the HTC Stocks tab you'll need to backup two files. They are in the \Application Data\HTC\YGo folder...
ygoservice.db and ygoservice_sr.db