PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214)

WhiteBlazer01 12-04-2009 04:39 PM

Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

Quote:

Originally Posted by liriel (Post 1385768)
Anyone been successful in backing up Manila favorite contacts in Manila 2.5? I tried backing up pim.vol directly, and using the PIM backup utility in Sashimi - both of which were unsuccessful.

EDIT: I found a couple answers. First, your fav contacts are automatically restored with Manila 2.5 when you sync with Outlook. Another, option with more functionality is to use this program: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=543605

Lol, I was just about to post the same link for you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mur (Post 1385779)
Random question, what is Sashimi? I don't see where it explains what exactly it does

Here is a good thread on sashimi. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214 There are some Youtube videos you can watch too.

christian.a 12-06-2009 10:57 PM

I have used some ROMS where Sashimi automatically starts after flashing and often times people refer to the first post of this thread. I have read it over and over and there is a reference to an sdconfig.txt "below" that i cannot find. I downloaded the SDconfig.rar that was attached hoping that it might be packed in there but its not. Anyone?

EDIT: i found the original post by DV8ways on page 6.

christian.a 12-06-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 (Post 1386601)
Lol, I was just about to post the same link for you!

Here is a good thread on sashimi. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214 There are some Youtube videos you can watch too.

LMAO!!! nice link to the first page :mrgreen:

nhvoltagenh 12-09-2009 02:24 PM

Resco Settings Found.

I simply asked at the Resco site.

only settings you need are

Code:

HKLM\Software\Resco\Explorer
HKLM\Software\Resco\Shell
HKLM\Software\Resco\Registry

These store everything.

mkm1126 12-10-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThreeFaces (Post 1142934)
Just got around to setting this all up...thank you for the guide. About to hard reset...

....wish me luck. :)

EDIT: Took fifteen minutes from flash to finish...awesome. ...and I think I can control the order that my cabs are installed by changing the name of the files...seems like they install in alpha order. Really dig this program, can't believe I took so long to set it up.

I know this post is really old . . . but just got around to configuring Sashimi. To set up MMS, your guide says to install the "Remove Picture Mail & Arcsoft.cab" soft reset, then install "JD Arcsoft 5.2.1.22.cab", then reset. Will Sashimi install these in this order with the soft resets, or do I need to do this manually? Thanks!!

srk468 12-10-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkm1126 (Post 1402829)
I know this post is really old . . . but just got around to configuring Sashimi. To set up MMS, your guide says to install the "Remove Picture Mail & Arcsoft.cab" soft reset, then install "JD Arcsoft 5.2.1.22.cab", then reset. Will Sashimi install these in this order with the soft resets, or do I need to do this manually? Thanks!!

I'm in the process of learning Sashimi too and asked this very same question via pm to another user and they told me to just run the remove picmail cab in your auto directory and let it do it's thing when it's done and the phone soft resets it's self then go ahead and install your arcsoft cab and sr again, that's the only way it works I guess.

shaggylive 12-11-2009 05:51 AM

if the removal.cab it's self triggers a reboot you should be ok. otherwise you could add a reboot script the same name as the cab.

sashimi will install in alphanumeric order, so I alwasy put a few "Aa" "Ab" before the cabs I want first.
sashimi should also auto restart itself after reboot until it's done.

there are a few gotcha's with this, so make sure you pay attention when you test.

mkm1126 12-11-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 1404752)
if the removal.cab it's self triggers a reboot you should be ok. otherwise you could add a reboot script the same name as the cab.

sashimi will install in alphanumeric order, so I alwasy put a few "Aa" "Ab" before the cabs I want first.
sashimi should also auto restart itself after reboot until it's done.

there are a few gotcha's with this, so make sure you pay attention when you test.

Does anyone have a reboot script they've already created? I'm not sure how to do this . . . but yes, a reboot script cabbed up would be perfect, then I'll just order the cabs as you mentioned . . .

studentjunk 12-11-2009 04:17 PM

I don't know how to make cabs, but you can easy use mortscript to reset the device. The command is simple enough: reset

so you could just make a text file called reset.mscr and in the file have 'reset' as the only text.

I am assuming you have mortscript installed on your phone.

studentjunk 12-14-2009 03:11 PM

I finally got around to updating my script to download email. I got the original idea from here

I have 3 accounts, so I copied the script 3 times. Note that you must replace the "PDa name..." with your account names. I use the script during my autoinstall, and I also periodically use it just to check the email (I have a shortcut in the start menu). Please note that it is run on a touch pro, so it is designed for that screen resolution.

Quote:

Run( "\windows\tmail.exe")
Sleep(1000)
eMailAccount1 = "PDA name of 1st email account"
eMailAccount2 = "PDA name of 2nd email account"
eMailAccount3 = "PDA name of 3rd email account"
Sleep(1000)

#sync the first email account
Run( "\windows\tmail.exe", "-Service """ & eMailAccount1 & """ -Sync" )
Sleep(3000)

#"testvalue" lists the text in the bottom left corner of screen
testvalue = Windowtext(49,557)

#"items" takes the last 6 letters of testvalue.
items=SubStr(testvalue,-6)

#At the end of a send/receive, the text either tells you the number of unread items or it tells you the number of items total. It doesn't have that text while it is downloading. So when it has one or the other, the script knows to proceed.
While ((items ne "nread.") AND (items ne "Items."))
Sleep(1000)
endwhile
Sleep(1000)

Run( "\windows\tmail.exe", "-Service """ & eMailAccount2 & """ -Sync" )
Sleep(3000)

Sleep(1000)
endwhile
Sleep(3000)

Run( "\windows\tmail.exe", "-Service """ & eMailAccount3 & """ -Sync" )
Sleep(3000)

Sleep(1000)
endwhile
Sleep(1000)
SleepMessage(3,"end of script",Mortscript,1)
exit