PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214)

D\/8 08-18-2009 05:16 PM

Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

Quote:

Originally Posted by murducky (Post 1108850)
see post 1 under manila

Manila/TouchFlo3d Fav Contacts Tab**
If you are using TouchFlo3d and want to save your favorite contacts that information is stored in the pim.vol file located in your root directory, just back that up. pim.vol also contains all of your contacts! No need to use pim backup app unless you want to save all ur txt messages, recent calls list, etc.

I have tried backing up the pim.vol and letting SASHIMI "Auto" restore but this doesn't seem to work for me. The only way I have found to restore this is to use the Backup PIM feature located in the Tools>Additional Tools section of SASHIMI. This method required that I restore the PIM using the PIM Restore located in Tools>Additional Tools and then it tells you that after the restore to do a reset and then delete the file \PIM.DELETEME.

It works, but I have yet to find a way to "Auto"mate in SASHIMI...

Been looking for a better solution!!! No luck!!!

Alksion 08-18-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV8Ways (Post 1108875)
I have tried backing up the pim.vol and letting SASHIMI "Auto" restore but this doesn't seem to work for me. The only way I have found to restore this is to use the Backup PIM feature located in the Tools>Additional Tools section of SASHIMI. This method required that I restore the PIM using the PIM Restore located in Tools>Additional Tools and then it tells you that after the restore to do a reset and then delete the file \PIM.DELETEME.

It works, but I have yet to find a way to "Auto"mate in SASHIMI...

Been looking for a better solution!!! No luck!!!

I am trying to find PIM.vol but I dont know where to look, where is my root directory at?

murducky 08-18-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alksion (Post 1108859)
Sorry I'm not trying to make a hassle :/ but where is my root directory.

in total commander

the directory "\" is the root folder

you should see many folders like My Docs, storage card, temp , windows in "\"

right below the last folder you should see pim.vol

twe90kid 08-18-2009 08:06 PM

i'm using 8.0 sashimi, but i couldn't get it to work.

do i need to make a Temp folder or sashimi automatically does that?
and then when you edit the mscr file to SASHIMI.lnk do you do that using a desktop or on the phone directly?

Alksion 08-18-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murducky (Post 1108992)
in total commander

the directory "\" is the root folder

you should see many folders like My Docs, storage card, temp , windows in "\"

right below the last folder you should see pim.vol

Okay I backed up the original pim.vol and now how to I use that to restore me fav. contacts?

zone23 08-18-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 1109121)
i'm using 8.0 sashimi, but i couldn't get it to work.

do i need to make a Temp folder or sashimi automatically does that?
and then when you edit the mscr file to SASHIMI.lnk do you do that using a desktop or on the phone directly?

go to total commander then go to the directory 2577 click the d pad down to autorun.mscr then click file (at the bottom left corner of the app) and the >>>>>> click create shortcut save the shortcut in the 2577 directory. Use the D pad click down to the autorun.lnk and rename it sashimi.lnk

zone23 08-18-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alksion (Post 1109161)
Okay I backed up the original pim.vol and now how to I use that to restore me fav. contacts?

Move or copy it to sashimi\auto\root that should do it but it doesn't work for me but your mileage may very I'm using an exchange setup.

twe90kid 08-18-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zone23 (Post 1109168)
go to total commander then go to the directory 2577 click the d pad down to autorun.mscr then click file (at the bottom left corner of the app) and the >>>>>> click create shortcut save the shortcut in the 2577 directory. Use the D pad click down to the autorun.lnk and rename it sashimi.lnk

do i need to creat a Temp folder in root?

Alksion 08-18-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 1109383)

I did that but it is definitely not working for me either nor did the weather.

Stocks tab worked, but I dot want to re-add these every flash, anyone find a working solution?

twe90kid 08-18-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alksion (Post 1109386)

Stocks tab worked, but I dot want to re-add these every flash, anyone find a working solution?

weather is working fine for me. but i can't get this auto UC sashimi thing to work properly

D\/8 08-19-2009 04:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alksion (Post 1109386)

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 1109407)
weather is working fine for me. but i can't get this auto UC sashimi thing to work properly

Okay!!! In an attempt to make the setup process easier I came up with the below. I have tested and this works just as well.

1. Save the attached SASHIMI Link.cab to \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577.
2. Save the attached SDConfig.txt to the root of \Storage Card.

That's it!!!

SASHIMI Link.cab will create the required SASHIMI.lnk to the \Temp folder.
SDConfig.txt is configured to install the SASHIMI Link.cab and then execute the newly created shortcut.

Note to twe90kid: I may have misunderstood but in a previous post of your it sounded like you mentioned renaming the AutoRun.mscr file located in \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577. If this is the case, make sure you name it back to AutoRun.mscr. The SASHIMI.lnk that is created in \Temp points to this .mscr file. If the name is not correct then AutoRun.mscr will not execute.

Please report back and let us know if this works out!!!

zone23 08-19-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 1109383)

No you don't the device will create it on its own.

Its really no that hard, just create the shortcut of autorun.mscr and call it sashimi.lnk in the same directory the file its self resides and copy the sdconfig.txt to your storage card. That's it. Done, hard reset see if it works. Just setting up Sashimi its self is way more complicated.

zone23 08-19-2009 01:52 PM

In order to have programs install to a specific folder you need to do the following:

1. install sashimi and familiarize yourself with the program and file structure by reading this thread and using Google.

2. on your pc create a file called customlinks.ini do this by right clicking and creating a new text document but instead of making it customlinks.txt name it customlinks.ini

3. inside this file create the following:

[LNK Files]
Asphalt4HD 480x640=Programs\Games

notice the ashalt4hd 480x640 this program is called Asphalt4HD 480x640.cab the "programs\games" is were the shortcuts will be installed to

So if I wanted to install it to the "Utilities" folder it would look like this:

Asphalt4HD 480x640=programs\utilities

5. copy customlinks.ini to sashimi\program\INI\

Now when I run sashimi it will install the app and move the shortcuts to what ever folder I want. Now you must have the program in the "Auto" folder of sashimi. You can also make sashimi delete shortcuts or folders but that's another story.

Good Luck and may the force be with you.

D\/8 08-19-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zone23 (Post 1110367)
In order to have programs install to a specific folder you need to do the following:

1. install sashimi and familiarize yourself with the program and file structure by reading this thread and using Google.

2. on your pc create a file called customlinks.ini do this by right clicking and creating a new text document but instead of making it customlinks.txt name it customlinks.ini

3. inside this file create the following:

[LNK Files]
Asphalt4HD 480x640=Programs\Games

notice the ashalt4hd 480x640 this program is called Asphalt4HD 480x640.cab the "programs\games" is were the shortcuts will be installed to

So if I wanted to install it to the "Utilities" folder it would look like this:

Asphalt4HD 480x640=programs\utilities

5. copy customlinks.ini to sashimi\program\INI\

Now when I run sashimi it will install the app and move the shortcuts to what ever folder I want. Now you must have the program in the "Auto" folder of sashimi. You can also make sashimi delete shortcuts or folders but that's another story.

Good Luck and may the force be with you.

Nice wright-up... Thanks...

There's also a video available that is not listed on the first page which covers this...

SASHIMI 03 - Customizing Shortcuts

D\/8 08-19-2009 07:24 PM

Murducky: Here's a couple of additions for the Application Section in Post #1... Whenever you have a moment to update...

S2U2:
The below registry key will allow you to restore your complete settings.

HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\S2U2

Once your settings have been set and saved, export the above RegKey to the appropriate Reg fold in SASHIMI.

BeeJive:
The below file will allow you to backup the setting for all accounts that have been created.

\Program files\JiveTalk\JiveTalk.sdf

Once all accounts have been created, save the above file to the appropriate Root folder in SASHIMI. Be sure to create the same folder structure within the Root folder (Program Files\JiveTalk) and save the backup file within the JiveTalk folder. This will ensure the file is restored to the appropriate directory.

If I see that it hasn't been documented here I'll post more as I come across them... It'll be nice to have some of the more popular apps listed in the first post...

vernox701 08-20-2009 08:41 PM

• Navigate to \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577. Here you will see a file called AutoRun.mscr.
  • Create a shortcut to this file within the same directory and name it SASHIMI.lnk.
  • Create an SDConfig.txt file with the below commands and save it to the root of the Storage Card. (Included SDConfig.txt attached)
First off thanks. I've tried using this in my sd config several times, It makes the temp directory but for some reason it will not copy the Shashimi.lnk shortcut to the the temp directory. Do you think its a matter of the file being nested too far in the sd card or could the temp file be locked before the customizing starts just curious because i've been able to copy files that are not in the Sashimi folder](*,)

zone23 08-20-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vernox701 (Post 1113315)
  • Navigate to \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577. Here you will see a file called AutoRun.mscr.
  • Create a shortcut to this file within the same directory and name it SASHIMI.lnk.
  • Create an SDConfig.txt file with the below commands and save it to the root of the Storage Card. (Included SDConfig.txt attached)
First off thanks. I've tried using this in my sd config several times, It makes the temp directory but for some reason it will not copy the Shashimi.lnk shortcut to the the temp directory. Do you think its a matter of the file being nested too far in the sd card or could the temp file be locked before the customizing starts just curious because i've been able to copy files that are not in the Sashimi folder](*,)

Are you running v8.0 because it wouldn't work for me either until I upgraded.

vernox701 08-20-2009 08:57 PM

Yes I am but it's still not working. I even used the cab and sdconfig text on post #91
The lastest error :"\Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577\SASHIMI Link.cab" abort file not found

\ It must be my rom, checked the temp folder after the reset and the temp folder was still empty

D\/8 08-21-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vernox701 (Post 1113345)
Yes I am but it's still not working. I even used the cab and sdconfig text on post #91
The lastest error :"\Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577\SASHIMI Link.cab" abort file not found

\ It must be my rom, checked the temp folder after the reset and the temp folder was still empty

With your latest error, it sounds like it cannot find the SASHIMI Link.cab. Did you save it to \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577?

The .cab needs to be located in the 2577 folder. If it's not there then SDConfig will not find it to execute.

vernox701 08-21-2009 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DV8Ways (Post 1114028)
With your latest error, it sounds like it cannot find the SASHIMI Link.cab. Did you save it to \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577?

The .cab needs to be located in the 2577 folder. If it's not there then SDConfig will not find it to execute.

Here is a screen shot of the error thatr I'm getting.

codydavis22 08-21-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vernox701 (Post 1115170)
Here is a screen shot of the error thatr I'm getting.

I am getting the same error and I used the cab and txt file that was posted on the last page.

Alksion 08-22-2009 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV8Ways (Post 1109748)
Okay!!! In an attempt to make the setup process easier I came up with the below. I have tested and this works just as well.

That's it!!!

SDConfig.txt is configured to install the SASHIMI Link.cab and then execute the newly created shortcut.

Note to twe90kid: I may have misunderstood but in a previous post of your it sounded like you mentioned renaming the AutoRun.mscr file located in \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577. If this is the case, make sure you name it back to AutoRun.mscr. The SASHIMI.lnk that is created in \Temp points to this .mscr file. If the name is not correct then AutoRun.mscr will not execute.

But everytime i flash and I have followed the instructions my weather now is the only thing that won't save.

murducky 08-22-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

That's it!!!

Thank you.. i used the cab and sdconfig and everything loads auto !! so sexy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zone23 (Post 1109835)
No you don't the device will create it on its own.

Its really no that hard, just create the shortcut of autorun.mscr and call it sashimi.lnk in the same directory the file its self resides and copy the sdconfig.txt to your storage card. That's it. Done, hard reset see if it works. Just setting up Sashimi its self is way more complicated.

use the cab follow quote above

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV8Ways (Post 1110944)
Murducky: Here's a couple of additions for the Application Section in Post #1... Whenever you have a moment to update...

S2U2:
The below registry key will allow you to restore your complete settings.

HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\S2U2

Once your settings have been set and saved, export the above RegKey to the appropriate Reg fold in SASHIMI.

BeeJive:
The below file will allow you to backup the setting for all accounts that have been created.

\Program files\JiveTalk\JiveTalk.sdf

Once all accounts have been created, save the above file to the appropriate Root folder in SASHIMI. Be sure to create the same folder structure within the Root folder (Program Files\JiveTalk) and save the backup file within the JiveTalk folder. This will ensure the file is restored to the appropriate directory.

If I see that it hasn't been documented here I'll post more as I come across them... It'll be nice to have some of the more popular apps listed in the first post...

thanks i will add to post 1 soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by vernox701 (Post 1113345)

use the cab

Quote:

Here is a screen shot of the error that I'm getting.

i only got this error when i tired to use this setup with The TITAN it wokrs perfect on Herman.

make sure you have sashimi 8.0 use the cab and sdconfig.txt (use the newer sdconfig as it is updated to call the cab not the shortcut.)

codydavis22 08-22-2009 01:25 PM

"i only got this error when i tired to use this setup with The TITAN it wokrs perfect on Herman.

make sure you have sashimi 8.0 use the cab and sdconfig.txt (use the newer sdconfig as it is updated to call the cab not the shortcut.)"

I have 8.0 and I used the posted cab and .txt file and I hard reset twice and the same thing happens. It installs the cab fine but when it runs the shortcut it doesn't work

D\/8 08-22-2009 02:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Here is a screen shot of the error that I'm getting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by codydavis22 (Post 1115327)
I am getting the same error and I used the cab and txt file that was posted on the last page.

Based on the error you provided, it sounds like it cannot find the program responsible for initiating .mscr file which is MortScript. If your ROM does not have MortScript preinstall before SASHIMI initiates then it will provide the error you are reporting.

The below should work regarless of whether MortScript is pre-installed or not:

And that's it...

Just an FYI... The above will now create a shortcut to and execute the AutoRun.exe instead of the .mscr... Let's hope this clears up the issue...

Please report back...

D\/8 08-22-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alksion (Post 1115609)
But everytime i flash and I have followed the instructions my weather now is the only thing that won't save.

The UC-SASHIMI setup should not affect any previous configurations you may have had in place with SASHIMI. All we are doing in auto initiating SASHIMI as opposed to manually initiating it after a flash has been completed.

All I can recommend is to back up your weather settings again and hope that fixes the issue... I can tell you that for me everything restores after a hard reset with the exception of my ActiveSync Exchange connection which just requires me to Sync and comply with the exchange policies by setting up a simple password and my People tab. Everything else is just the way I like it...

Good luck!!!

vernox701 08-22-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV8Ways (Post 1116112)
Based on the error you provided, it sounds like it cannot find the program responsible for initiating .mscr file which is MortScript. If your ROM does not have MortScript preinstall before SASHIMI initiates then it will provide the error you are reporting.

And that's it...

Just an FYI... The above will now create a shortcut to and execute the AutoRun.exe instead of the .mscr... Let's hope this clears up the issue...

Please report back...

Thanks I figured out one of the problems was that I was pasting a shortcut of the SASHIMI.lnk(SASHIMI.lnk.lnk)in \Temp and it wouldn't initiate the autorun. Second my rom isn't mortscript enabled so I needed to copy the autorun.exe. Not sure if it matters or not but I didn't have the uc part of Sashimi enabled. I noticed when I did that it would rewrite my root sdconfig file in the root directory of my storage card.
But your new cab and sd file works so thanks again.=D>

D\/8 08-22-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vernox701 (Post 1116214)
Not sure if it matters or not but I didn't have the uc part of Sashimi enabled. I noticed when I did that it would rewrite my root sdconfig file in the root directory of my storage card.

No, you do not need to have UC Enabled within SASHIMI. I believe this feature is there to use SASHIMI to copy down the SDConfig file from sashimi and initiate it to execute the commands. This is why you see it overwriting the file which you already have at the root of SD.

We are doing the opposite. We are using SDConfig to initiate SASHIMI for automation. It could be done both ways but I believe this method is easier and provides a smoother and quicker restore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vernox701 (Post 1116214)
But your new cab and sd file works so thanks again.=D>

Great... Glad to see it worked out... Let's see if this helps others who were experiencing issues...

codydavis22 08-22-2009 09:12 PM

I can tell you that for me everything restores after a hard reset with the exception of my ActiveSync Exchange connection which just requires me to Sync and comply with the exchange policies by setting up a simple password and my People tab. Everything else is just the way I like it...

Good luck!!![/QUOTE]

You can use sashimi to create an xml to set up activesync exchange server also....I do and that syncs my contacts, appts, and emails

murducky 08-22-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV8Ways (Post 1116112)

And that's it...

Please report back...

thanks for the improvement i'll try it on my titan now.

D\/8 08-22-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codydavis22 (Post 1116557)
You can use sashimi to create an xml to set up activesync exchange server also....I do and that syncs my contacts, appts, and emails

Yes, it does most of the work for me... But I am still required to sync manually the first time and comply with policy requirements... No big deal... After that's done everything sincs perfectly...

codydavis22 08-22-2009 10:35 PM

Here are some additional things that people might like to back up and a modification....if you like, please add to the first page. I have found and read these things from here and other sites.

Change the thickness of scrollbars

For the horizontal (bottom) scrollbar:
HKLM\System\GWE\cyHScr = 9 (DWORD decimal)

For the vertical (right) scrollbar:
HKLM\System\GWE\cxVScr = 9 (DWORD decimal)
The default is 13.

Change the length of scrollbar arrow buttons

For the horizontal (bottom) scrollbar arrows:
HKLM\System\GWE\cyVScr = 0 (DWORD decimal)

For the vertical (right) scrollbar:
HKLM\System\GWE\cxHScr = 0 (DWORD decimal)
Again, default is 13.

Sashimi has a built in setting to back up Owner information....so you may just want to replace the first post with this.

Run Sashimi, then go to Tools, Registry Tools, Backup Owner

This will save the info and reload it every time

vernox701 08-22-2009 11:22 PM

Is it possible to delete this registry item using Sashimi reg. folder

HKLM:Security\CHome\DefaultSettings\CClock
ICONPATHS="2051;2051"

so that I can change this registry item
HKLM:Software\Microsoft\CHome\CClock\
ICONPATHS="2051;2051"

codydavis22 08-22-2009 11:27 PM

Also I couldn't find the app file in the pocketTwit folder....I am using the latest version

murducky 08-22-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codydavis22 (Post 1116667)

Run Sashimi, then go to Tools, Registry Tools, Backup Owner

This will save the info and reload it every time

I prefer the having a owner cab. but i have been meaning to add the ability in sashimi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by codydavis22 (Post 1116753)
Also I couldn't find the app file in the pocketTwit folder....I am using the latest version

look here \Program Files\PockeTwit\app.CONFIG

codydavis22 08-22-2009 11:52 PM

look here \Program Files\PockeTwit\app.CONFIG[/QUOTE]

Yeah i was referring to that....I go to that folder and find nothing called app.CONFIG

murducky 08-22-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codydavis22 (Post 1116805)
look here \Program Files\PockeTwit\app.CONFIG

Yeah i was referring to that....I go to that folder and find nothing called app.CONFIG[/QUOTE]

did you log into pocketwit yet ?

codydavis22 08-23-2009 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murducky (Post 1116811)
Yeah i was referring to that....I go to that folder and find nothing called app.CONFIG

did you log into pocketwit yet ?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm lol maybe not. I'm not sure because I just flashed again. I flash sooo much that I thought I had. I will test again once I get this loaded up. The new Sashimi-UC cab and .txt work perfect now for me. The only thing is I am going to see if I can change the time sashimi takes to actually launch the autophase....it is set at 15 seconds now and i would like it at 5 max

Yeah.....I must not have logged into twitter the first time. Thanks again

codydavis22 08-23-2009 01:36 PM

After many flashes, I began to wonder if there was a cab for my mobiler so that I could just put it in my sashimi cabs folder and have it auto installed. I was unable to find one and had to continue running the exe from my computer. Last night I figured out a way to not have to do this and let sashimi help.

-Run Mymobiler exe from your computer and let it install the program to your phone. Once this is complete, navigate into the Windows folder on your device and find Remote.exe. Copy this file into your Sashimi/Root/Windows folder and your problem is solved

rogerp 08-23-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

That's it!!!

confirmed works perfect thanks for resolving the confusion