PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214)

christian.a 10-15-2009 10:57 AM

Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

FINALLY!! I now have a good solid setup for Sashimi. I did 2 hard resets just to make sure everything installed fine. I have yet to try the script to automate PIM back up but I will eventually get around to it.

As i use the phone more and more (add contacts, new tasks, new checkbook entries, add bookmarks), do i have to do anything special for Sashimi to insure I have the latest information for all my files?

studentjunk 10-15-2009 01:03 PM

files can be backed up with ppcpimbackup. if you have the registry settings for this program in your regexport.ini, then the files/folders backed up on previous rom build should work on new one. There are other ways of backing these up, but I don't know how they work.

pauljohnson75 10-16-2009 10:28 AM

Every thing has worked great for me except when it restored my manilla program tab I had no Icons just white squares anyone else have this problem?

rawdikrik 10-17-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murducky (Post 1043889)
User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using Sashimi
By: LuckySe7en & Murducky
Lumos (thanks to rawdikrik)

Werd!!! Thats My NAME!!! Ah man... Soo damn glad i can freaking help somehow.

christian.a 10-17-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauljohnson75 (Post 1240195)
Every thing has worked great for me except when it restored my manilla program tab I had no Icons just white squares anyone else have this problem?

Did you change ROMS? i think if there was an update in the icon sets (possibly even small variations in name changes), you may lose the previous ones because that's what it's looking for.

christian.a 10-18-2009 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studentjunk (Post 1239046)
files can be backed up with ppcpimbackup. if you have the registry settings for this program in your regexport.ini, then the files/folders backed up on previous rom build should work on new one. There are other ways of backing these up, but I don't know how they work.

i know you've posted a copy of your regexport.ini file to look at but I am looking in Sashimi/Program/INI and there are only 2 things in there: custom tools.ini and settings.ini. Am i supposed to create these first with Sashimi?:scratch: ](*,)

studentjunk 10-18-2009 07:05 PM

Yes, it should be in that folder. If there is none there already, just drop your copy in that folder.

pauljohnson75 10-19-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christian.a (Post 1242864)
Did you change ROMS? i think if there was an update in the icon sets (possibly even small variations in name changes), you may lose the previous ones because that's what it's looking for.

No same rom but I do move my shortcuts from my cab installs into folders.

tkedch 10-21-2009 03:59 PM

I know there's a reg to back up for the S2U2 setting. and I put that backup into the reg folder under auto. However, after my last hard reset, everything works except for that reg file. All the cabs are installed correct, but I just can't seem to get that reg to upload in the correct place. Any ideas?

studentjunk 10-21-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkedch (Post 1251803)
I know there's a reg to back up for the S2U2 setting. and I put that backup into the reg folder under auto. However, after my last hard reset, everything works except for that reg file. All the cabs are installed correct, but I just can't seem to get that reg to upload in the correct place. Any ideas?

How did you export that reg setting? Did you do it manually or using the regexport.ini? It will be helpful if you posted the file. It's probably a syntax error.