PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214)

studentjunk 10-07-2009 10:33 AM

Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

the short answer is no, you cannot do it with the regexport.ini file. It was discussed on the sashimi board on the sashimi user forum.

I use a mortscript to update the registry by putting the script in the auto\scripts directory:

Code:

regwritedword("hkcu","Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync","HTMLTruncation", "-1")
regwritedword("hkcu","Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync","CalendarAgeFilter", "0")
regwritedword("hkcu","Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync","EmailAgeFilter", "4")
regwritedword("hkcu","Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync","MailFileAttachments", "102400")
regwritedword("hkcu","Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync","MIMETruncation", "-1")
regwritedword("hkcu","Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync","CalendarAgeFilter", "0")
sleepmessage(1, "end of script")
exit

Let me know if you need/want more help.

shaggylive 10-07-2009 10:40 AM

someone @ xda modified the script to do that, but I find it best to make your own mini reg backup script (mortscript's not so tuff) for variable settings, otherwise I just hard-code the regs I never want/need to change after thier set how I want.

digi 10-07-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfEngr (Post 1218980)
Bump. Anyone? Bueller...

Quote:

Originally Posted by studentjunk (Post 1219677)
the short answer is no, you cannot do it with the regexport.ini file. It was discussed on the sashimi board on the sashimi user forum.

Didn't you guys see this reply right after mine? Just overwrite your script with the one from this link and voila, single export anything you want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 1171676)
yup, someone else tweaked the script.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4425732

Also thank you so much to shaggylive, this was a lifesaver.

ProfEngr 10-07-2009 11:30 AM

ok, my bad. didn't notice a quote so figured it was for something else.:drunken: Lines of thought get broken on here alot.

dakidobf 10-08-2009 10:15 AM

Stupid question, but what does the OP mean when they say "back up" a file and then export. I've been going in using dotfred regedit and I see the export option so i've exported them to the auto folder, but I don't know how i'm supposed to be backing these entries up.

shaggylive 10-08-2009 02:09 PM

I think it was just double talk. starting the sentence with the task at hand (backup) and using the program terminology (export) to complete the task.

the 'backup' portion of shashimi is different, and is useful for data & regs that change frequently. otherwise if they should always be the way you set them, just use the export to auto folder method.

dakidobf 10-08-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 1223096)
I think it was just double talk. starting the sentence with the task at hand (backup) and using the program terminology (export) to complete the task.

the 'backup' portion of shashimi is different, and is useful for data & regs that change frequently. otherwise if they should always be the way you set them, just use the export to auto folder method.

Ok cool. I thought i was skipping a step. Thanks.

dakidobf 10-09-2009 11:42 AM

I use G-Alarm. Is there a way to backup those settings?

digi 10-09-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakidobf (Post 1225070)
I use G-Alarm. Is there a way to backup those settings?

HKCU/Software/Ageye/G-Alarm

Your main G-alarm settings will be found here, and the alarms themselves will be in the numbered subkeys found here. You can export it manually to your REG folder, or if you change your alarms often you can add it to your REGEXPORT.INI to have it export automatically when you back up.

christian.a 10-12-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 1223096)

Total NooB here...:scratch:Just started playing with sashimi after dozens of flashes. wont the "backup" option in sashimi take care of the registry I made? to be more clear, if i were to back up the registry using this option prior to flashing, will it capture all the other registry settings for alarms, my favorites, etc? Or do I need to export all those reg keys 1 by 1?