PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 05:56 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Email signature Reg location

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadjacks View Post
Hey Murducky, this thread is all that. Thanks for the colab of Reg back up files. Can someone please provide me the Reg. location to backup my Email Signature? Thanks in advance!!!
There was this:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73147

But it comes with some cons i.e. only works for your Outlook E-mail (Exchange) sig, and will continue to keep what you've added in the provisioning file even if you try and change it through Tools | Options | Signatures later on.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

Last two Energy builds my contacts wont back up. I've got pim.vol in the Auto>Root folder, any ideas?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

Set Titanium as Default | TouchFlow as Disabled
  • Check Windows Default and uncheck Touchflow in Today
  • Back up Reg Key \HKLM\Software\Today\Windows Default export to Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\REG
  • Back up Reg Key\HKLM\Software\Today\Touch Flo export to Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\REG

this key is wrong... should be \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\...
Old 09-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Almost a VIP

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Last two Energy builds my contacts wont back up. I've got pim.vol in the Auto>Root folder, any ideas?
i have only been successful using the pim backup function in sashimi. The problem is it does not restore automatically. just put your pim.vol in the backups folder and run pim restore in sashimi.

any attempt to replace pim.vol manually has not worked for me but I am still new to this.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
i have only been successful using the pim backup function in sashimi. The problem is it does not restore automatically. just put your pim.vol in the backups folder and run pim restore in sashimi.

any attempt to replace pim.vol manually has not worked for me but I am still new to this.
[headslap] Thanks Dude! I had forgotten about the Backup PIM/Restore PIM feature. Maybe I need to stop modding my phone at 3AM
Old 09-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
[headslap] Thanks Dude! I had forgotten about the Backup PIM/Restore PIM feature. Maybe I need to stop modding my phone at 3AM
LOL.

I just read that if you disable tf3d you can replace the file... not sure if that helps or not.

I have been searching for a way to backup my windows live ID and password so the fields are already set when I log in for the first time. Seems like nobody has found this yet. anyone know?
Old 09-07-2009, 11:08 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

so ive been playing around for a few days on and off.. and for the most part i have it all down... everything installs fine-still have to run a script for titaniumweather to show my icons, but all the info loads in fine(i think its just because it needs to run once though)... pim backup/restore was a simple setup...

im not sure why everyone goes through and backups reg entry by reg entry.. i just did the full backup, and put it in the auto\reg folder and that did everything... all my titanium, including weather, ringers, alerts, power settings, everything really... was way faster... just need to write the .ini now so everything goes where i want it so i have a nice clean start menu..

only thing i couldnt figure out was titanium has the default "my favs" which is PIE favorites, i cant get that to load in at all.... is it because i havent synced, so the favorites arent in the device yet? or am i just missing something simple??

thanks for all the great info and write up... made it easy when or if i did have questions... the 4 youtube videos r tremendous everyone, if your stuck watch those... i watched the first 2 once, and had everything, including makisu down after that.. came here, found the post on linking to folders and that was the final piece i needed to have to do nothing but a cpl "ok's" after a flash...

looks like goodbye activesync here real soon

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 09-07-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Almost a VIP

well the main reason is that each new build that comes out will have different registry changes. i would hate to overwrite them with bad data...
Old 09-09-2009, 09:33 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
im not sure why everyone goes through and backups reg entry by reg entry.. i just did the full backup, and put it in the auto\reg folder and that did everything... all my titanium, including weather, ringers, alerts, power settings, everything really... was way faster... just need to write the .ini now so everything goes where i want it so i have a nice clean start menu..
Are you saying you backup your COMPLETE registry and then restore it? If so, personally I would prefer not to do that. You never know what's left over in a registry from a device you've used for some time. To me the whole idea of a reflash is to start 'clean' so to speak. By restoring an entire registry backup there's no way to tell what you may be reintroducing.

You could always do the reg-by-reg and then compile them into one single registry file to place in the auto/reg. However, by keeping them separate you can pick and choose which to keep and which to discard in the future as you stop using certain apps.

The complete backup/restore is of course by far the easiest to create though However, with something like SKTracker you can fairly easily compare before and after registry snapshots and then save the differences to a new registry file.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

asawadude is a n00b

In post #1, Murducky says copy all cab files to "Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\Cabs\", but by default, SASHIMI creates "Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\Cab\" which is described in SASHIMI's documentation as the "Default directory for CAB and tandem/bundled files for auto install."
What is the correct subdirectory name? "Cabs" or "Cab"? Or does it make a difference?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro