PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1
Re: Question.why Cant I Get 6 Hours Off 1 Battery?>>

I used to get terrible battery life, and I fixed it. I easily go all day on a single charge now. Check out the link in my sig.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff
Post Re: Question.why Cant I Get 6 Hours Off 1 Battery?>>

People having battery problems EVEN after trying different radios... This one's for you... Try this and let me know if you see any difference. Note for this study since the terms are just battery use and not cellular strength, I recommend everyone flashes to Telus 1.04.05V Radio, and simply avoid roaming. I don't know which is the most [battery] stable Radio for GSM.
#1. You need your SPC. BAFMSL is the quickest way.
Link: http://code.baf.cc/mslgrab/BAFMSL.cab
#2. After getting your SPC, click (from within the program) on EPST. and click 'Edit'
#3. Click 'View Info' then 'NAM Settings'.
#4. Go down to ACCOLC in this windows and edit it to be 7 or 8.
#5. Click 'View Info' again, then 'Modem Settings'
#6. Edit your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) to 1. You're Preferred Service System should be [Carrier Name] Only. I.E., I use Sprint, so mine says 'Sprint Only'. Finally make sure that 'HDR Hybrid Preferred' is enabled.
#6.b While you are already here, click 'View Info', then 'Data Parameters', and make sure that your Rev.A is ENABLED!!!
#7. Click OK at the top right corner and click OK again. You MUST let it Soft Reset... Or else! :-p

I am almost certain this will help you guys out... Just lemme know if you feel it is any better over a while. Be sure to charge your battery all the way before testing.
OH!... Gotta add another quick step before posting... ... ... ... K!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work

I feel terrible for you guys... I wake up at 7:30 and start using my phone through the entire day fairly regularly for e-mail, streaming radio, etc. and by the time I get home and charge it again at 10:30 I usually have about 40% battery life left... This is my 2nd TP, but my first was just as good.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilde88 View Post
People having battery problems EVEN after trying different radios... This one's for you... Try this and let me know if you see any difference. Note for this study since the terms are just battery use and not cellular strength, I recommend everyone flashes to Telus 1.04.05V Radio, and simply avoid roaming. I don't know which is the most [battery] stable Radio for GSM.
#2. After getting your SPC, click (from within the program) on EPST. and click 'Edit'
#6. Edit your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) to 1. You're Preferred Service System should be [Carrier Name] Only. I.E., I use Sprint, so mine says 'Sprint Only'. Finally make sure that 'HDR Hybrid Preferred' is enabled.
#6.b While you are already here, click 'View Info', then 'Data Parameters', and make sure that your Rev.A is ENABLED!!!
#7. Click OK at the top right corner and click OK again. You MUST let it Soft Reset... Or else! :-p

I am almost certain this will help you guys out... Just lemme know if you feel it is any better over a while. Be sure to charge your battery all the way before testing.
Do you mind if I add this to my battery life writeup?
Old 07-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

Lol of course not.

Hey I saw your Myspace has this pic saying Jan 20 09 Biggest mistake ever...
Just curious ??

**EDIT**
Nvm, lol I'm a dumbass...

Last edited by Tilde88; 07-17-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2300 View Post
I feel terrible for you guys... I wake up at 7:30 and start using my phone through the entire day fairly regularly for e-mail, streaming radio, etc. and by the time I get home and charge it again at 10:30 I usually have about 40% battery life left... This is my 2nd TP, but my first was just as good.
I think it has a lot to do with how the device is used. My buddy has a TP and says he can go all day, at least, on one charge and it takes me 3 batteries for an average day.

But I have Exchange Push setup and I get a fair bit of email so it is almost like having 3G on and downloading almost constantly...
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 07-18-2009, 03:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilde88 View Post

What does #4. ACCOLC do?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Random Phones>>Treo 800w>>Touch Pro>>Touch Pro 2
Old 07-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker

It is designed for GSM bands in case of emergencies to block out a certain range of network channels to control data flow for security personnel. But it has a side effect, this setting changes the millisecond polling of towers. This is good to have at a higher number (highest 9) for people with less signal because when the phone's signal is low it continuously polls the satellites (to make it simple: if you have bad signal, it will keep attempting to get a better signal by pushing the connection... Which depletes your battery) in an attempt to raise the signal.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

aanast2 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
I used to get terrible battery life, and I fixed it. I easily go all day on a single charge now. Check out the link in my sig.
Thanks. I've tried almost every single thing on your helpful myspace list (except for flashing to a custom ROM). Even though I have the Diamond I figure most could help.

Unfortunately I only get about 2 hours of talk time (sometimes 1.5 sometimes 2.5).

How many hours of talk time do you get now?
Old 07-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Lol my phone works for almost 2 days just almost.... I do about 25-40 phone calls which are at least 2 mins each... so talk time that i actually use at max would be 80 mins, but on day two of not charging (i refuse to charge overnight, and charge only when it dies) itll be depleted by the time i take my pre-sleep shower (~1-2am)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro