PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 04:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

grt8neaphew is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to grt8neaphew
1x over evdo question

i have my tp as 1x over evdo and i was wondering that if i keep like that what will happen if i get a picture message? is there any program to make it switch to evdo or something then back to 1x?
Old 07-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 1x over evdo question

Picture messages should still theoretically get to you. 1X still supports data transfer, just at a much slower speed. At least this is my understanding of the 1X/EVDO difference.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:02 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

grt8neaphew is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Picture messages should still theoretically get to you. 1X still supports data transfer, just at a much slower speed. At least this is my understanding of the 1X/EVDO difference.
well i knew it would transfer but i was wondering if there was a program that allowed for the tp to go back to evdo when stuff like pic messages comes through then back to 1x
Old 07-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I doubt that there would be a tweak/program with such a specific purpose, but you never know with the programmers on XDA and ppcgeeks. The time difference of transferring a picmail on 1x and EVDO shouldn't be too drastic anyway. Picmails usually aren't much larger than 100 or so kb,which would only take a few extra seconds to download

Last edited by Darkjedi; 07-14-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond and TP

Shin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Are you using the PicMail from sprint ? or something else? Or is the EVDO 1X just your concern?
Old 07-14-2009, 05:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

grt8neaphew is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Akuma26 View Post
Are you using the PicMail from sprint ? or something else? Or is the EVDO 1X just your concern?

Im using arcsoft for sprint. and what do u mean the evdo 1x my concern?
Old 07-14-2009, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond and TP

Shin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by grt8neaphew View Post
Im using arcsoft for sprint. and what do u mean the evdo 1x my concern?
Nothing in particular I thought you were using the PicMail from Sprint for some reason .. I thought you were having those sort of problems. .... mmmm about the EVDO/1X as the other person said I believe there is no way to force one over the other one ... sorry partner!
Old 07-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
i have my tp as 1x over evdo and i was wondering that if i keep like that what will happen if i get a picture message? is there any program to make it switch to evdo or something then back to 1x?
this is exactly what happens to me when i have it to stay in 1x when i get a picture message

I will get the message in 1x but then if i go to switch it back into hybrid it is stuck in 1x and i have to soft reset the device.

i went camping not too long ago, KADU I GOT YOUR FISH, and i had to put it in 1x only to save battery because i could not get evdo.

I would turn it back on hybrid when i would come home to stay there for awhile or to go to town to pick stuff up then i noticed problems.

i wasnt able to get any picture messages. at one time i had to send myself a pic message then i would be able to get the other messages people sent to me. THEN the next day i couldnt even do that and i had to hard reset.

just try it out and give us your results. it will be much appreciated
Old 07-14-2009, 10:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

grt8neaphew is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Akuma26 View Post
Nothing in particular I thought you were using the PicMail from Sprint for some reason .. I thought you were having those sort of problems. .... mmmm about the EVDO/1X as the other person said I believe there is no way to force one over the other one ... sorry partner!

mine right now is set to 1x through mode of operation so idk what u mean by there is no way to force one over the other
Old 07-14-2009, 11:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
mine right now is set to 1x through mode of operation so idk what u mean by there is no way to force one over the other
as explained in the rest of the posts,
he wants it to switch to evdo when he gets a pic message, then switch back to 1x afterwards.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro