PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   1x over evdo question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74765)

grt8neaphew 07-14-2009 04:37 PM

1x over evdo question

i have my tp as 1x over evdo and i was wondering that if i keep like that what will happen if i get a picture message? is there any program to make it switch to evdo or something then back to 1x?

Darkjedi 07-14-2009 04:57 PM

Re: 1x over evdo question

Picture messages should still theoretically get to you. 1X still supports data transfer, just at a much slower speed. At least this is my understanding of the 1X/EVDO difference.

grt8neaphew 07-14-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 1035410)
Picture messages should still theoretically get to you. 1X still supports data transfer, just at a much slower speed. At least this is my understanding of the 1X/EVDO difference.

well i knew it would transfer but i was wondering if there was a program that allowed for the tp to go back to evdo when stuff like pic messages comes through then back to 1x

Darkjedi 07-14-2009 05:04 PM

I doubt that there would be a tweak/program with such a specific purpose, but you never know with the programmers on XDA and ppcgeeks. The time difference of transferring a picmail on 1x and EVDO shouldn't be too drastic anyway. Picmails usually aren't much larger than 100 or so kb,which would only take a few extra seconds to download

Shin_Akuma26 07-14-2009 05:08 PM

Are you using the PicMail from sprint ? or something else? Or is the EVDO 1X just your concern?

grt8neaphew 07-14-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shin_Akuma26 (Post 1035434)
Are you using the PicMail from sprint ? or something else? Or is the EVDO 1X just your concern?

Im using arcsoft for sprint. and what do u mean the evdo 1x my concern?

Shin_Akuma26 07-14-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grt8neaphew (Post 1035441)
Im using arcsoft for sprint. and what do u mean the evdo 1x my concern?

Nothing in particular I thought you were using the PicMail from Sprint for some reason .. I thought you were having those sort of problems. .... mmmm about the EVDO/1X as the other person said I believe there is no way to force one over the other one ... sorry partner!

psycho_maniac 07-14-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grt8neaphew (Post 1035341)
i have my tp as 1x over evdo and i was wondering that if i keep like that what will happen if i get a picture message? is there any program to make it switch to evdo or something then back to 1x?

this is exactly what happens to me when i have it to stay in 1x when i get a picture message

I will get the message in 1x but then if i go to switch it back into hybrid it is stuck in 1x and i have to soft reset the device.

i went camping not too long ago, KADU I GOT YOUR FISH, and i had to put it in 1x only to save battery because i could not get evdo.

I would turn it back on hybrid when i would come home to stay there for awhile or to go to town to pick stuff up then i noticed problems.

i wasnt able to get any picture messages. at one time i had to send myself a pic message then i would be able to get the other messages people sent to me. THEN the next day i couldnt even do that and i had to hard reset.

just try it out and give us your results. it will be much appreciated :D

grt8neaphew 07-14-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shin_Akuma26 (Post 1035459)
Nothing in particular I thought you were using the PicMail from Sprint for some reason .. I thought you were having those sort of problems. .... mmmm about the EVDO/1X as the other person said I believe there is no way to force one over the other one ... sorry partner!

mine right now is set to 1x through mode of operation so idk what u mean by there is no way to force one over the other

codybear 07-14-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grt8neaphew (Post 1036003)
mine right now is set to 1x through mode of operation so idk what u mean by there is no way to force one over the other

as explained in the rest of the posts,
he wants it to switch to evdo when he gets a pic message, then switch back to 1x afterwards.