PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How I Unock A Sprint Htc Touch Pro And Flash A Unbranded Rom For All Networks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIS28 View Post
YES CDMA, I ALREADY HAVE A REL MO NO. AND I SWIPE IT TO NEW HANSET(HTC) BY HAND SET CHANGE CARD, BY THIS U CAN SIFT YR NO. TO A BLANK CDMA HANDSET, I WILL UNLOCK THEN TRY
Here's the thing, AS LONG AS you can get a signal to your local provider, AKA it shows the provider's name and you can make calls, it doesn't matter which ROM you have on it, as long as it's for CDMA devices (DO NOT FLASH GSM ROMs onto it, you'll brick it), this phone will work. It doesn't really have a lock on CDMA handsets because the provider is the one that has the range of ESN that the provider approves.

Your problem will be provisioning the data connection and other settings.

P.S. are you CDMA Workshopping it?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold
Carrier: Sprint

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s
Re: How I Unock A Sprint Htc Touch Pro And Flash A Unbranded Rom For All Networks

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
I think I have thought of a new joke / analogy:

A guy walks into a bar. He steps up to the counter, and in front of him is a huge selection of beers on tap. A sign is attached to each of those taps that give instructions on how and when to order those specific beers. He looks up at the bartender and says: "Excuse me, I am new in town, could you tell me where I would go to get a beer?"
lol good call. kinda like the chick in clerks asking where the new movies are when the sign is right behind her

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 07-14-2009, 01:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT (UNLOCKED)
Threadstarter

RIS28 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to RIS28 Send a message via Yahoo to RIS28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0s View Post
yeah that's the same phone i'm using. problem is, you don't have sprint there in india, you need to check with the service providers that you have in your country to see if the touch pro you bought will work. i know most countries run gsm networks but i'm uncertain what's available to you in india. if you do have cdma, it's probably not going to be an easy task to get it to work. but basically what i'm trying to say is that there are two different versions of this phone, the gsm network version (fuze) and the cdma network version (touch pro).
SIR I AM AWARE OF GSM AND CDMA VER OF HTC TOUCH PRO, THIS A HTC RAPHEL CDMA, I WNT TO KNOW IF UNLOCK IT BY HARD SPL FOR THIS MODEL AND W/O ROM CHANGE , WILL IT BE UNLOCKED FROM SPRINT??
Old 07-14-2009, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT (UNLOCKED)
Threadstarter

RIS28 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to RIS28 Send a message via Yahoo to RIS28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
Here's the thing, AS LONG AS you can get a signal to your local provider, AKA it shows the provider's name and you can make calls, it doesn't matter which ROM you have on it, as long as it's for CDMA devices (DO NOT FLASH GSM ROMs onto it, you'll brick it), this phone will work. It doesn't really have a lock on CDMA handsets because the provider is the one that has the range of ESN that the provider approves.

Your problem will be provisioning the data connection and other settings.

P.S. are you CDMA Workshopping it?
NO, HEARED BUT NEVER USED CDMA WORKSHOP
Old 07-14-2009, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

"Unlocking" using the SPL is mainly so you can install unsigned software onto the phone. It won't by itself give you a phone that will work on Reliance.

In particular:

The big important one is you'll need Reliance to allow your ESN to be activated on their system.

You will probably need to provide a PRL so it will recognize the tower SID numbering scheme for reliance.

http://www.justalurker.com/howto.html

That's just a guess. Maybe the Sprint PRL uses wildcard entries so it'll recognize any tower. Don't know, haven't looked at a Sprint PRL in ages.

You can manually install a PRL onto a Sprint Touch Pro by dialing ##775#, then entering your MSL (which you need to either get from Sprint or there might be an app to recover it) Highlight "Update PRL" then press "Menu->Edit". It'll let you browse and install a PRL that works for Reliance.

Also you will probably need the EPST settings to get data working. If you are not familiar with that, dial ##3282# on your Sprint Touch Pro and "View Info->Advanced"

MMS will probably need some work too. Depends how Reliance implements MMS.

You can probably change much of this stuff using CDMA workshop as well.

Also there might be some automated provisioning system or flash procedure at a Reliance service shop that will do all this programming for you. Depends how motivated Reliance is at keeping you happy.

Last edited by sfhub; 07-14-2009 at 04:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro