PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 05:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Raph800 Radio Telus 1.04.05V OS: indagrooves latest
Carrier: Cricket

neurotek is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to neurotek Send a message via MSN to neurotek Send a message via Yahoo to neurotek
Re: blackberry tour?

If I could afford a TP2, I'd buy one ASAP seeing I dropped mine face down on the pavement. NO touchscreen! aaargh! TOtally bad timing too. At least I can do basic things like make calls and recieve them. Other than that, it's just like my Dell Axim x50v. Hopefully i can get it working or i'll have to order new digitizer, for both devices for that matter. I'd stick with the WinMo devices myself, but just make sure you outweigh the differences accordingly as others have already mentioned.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

I ordered 3 BB Tours. One for me, one for the wife and another to unlock and sell to pay for the other 2 lol. I plan on keeping my TP and using both side-by-side. It'll be interesting to see which I will use more. Hands down, I allready know all the email will be done on the BB (hard to run 8 email accounts on the TP without it blowing up without PUSH), probably SMS too but I like the threaded SMS on the TP. Web browsing will almost certainly be done on the TP, depending on how the BB 4.7(?) browser stands up. I will have to see which one I put on my primary line for making calls. Maybe the BB because of it's size, I dunno yet. While I am not willing to give up my TP and WinMo in general, I believe my Tour will get more than its fair share of my love and devotion
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:33 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Why is the BB better for email?

My TP does fine with my work email w/exchange...when I get emails I see them on my phone a good 10secs before the pop up in outlook.

just curious. never used a BB cause of the plans u had to get with them.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Why is the BB better for email?

My TP does fine with my work email w/exchange...when I get emails I see them on my phone a good 10secs before the pop up in outlook.

just curious. never used a BB cause of the plans u had to get with them.
Because BB offers push email for all email services. You have an exchange server which "pushes" email to your phone. But if you wanted your hotmail, isp email etc, using that standard email client, pocket outlook, would be no better that using outlook on your PC (non exchange) where you gotta tell it how often to check email. The problem with a PDAs is battery life. do you have pocket outlook check every 2 minutes and get emails in near real time, or set it to 30+ min to save your battery. There are services that offer push to WinMo devices but the blackberry comes with it. It is simply easier to consolidate/configure email services, including exchange email (assuming your exchange server has web access) on a bb than it is on a winmo device. Hands down, except for exchange, WinMo will never be better than BB for email. Maybe I shouldn't say never, but you get the idea. FYI, depending on your carrier, the data plans for bb are the same as for PDAs, at least on VZW.
"There is no such thing as a stupid question" is just as ridiculous as saying "There is no such thing as a stupid answer". This proves there are also "stupid statements". There are probably alot of "stupid ideas" too. And what do all these things have in common? Stupid people.

Remember to say ...Preferrably by clicking the button instead of wasting valuable forum space
Old 07-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aln12483 is a n00b

When i think of BB, a name like Crapberry comes to mind. Every Crapberry I've had couldn't keep up with my WinMo devices....
Old 07-13-2009, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln12483 View Post
When i think of BB, a name like Crapberry comes to mind. Every Crapberry I've had couldn't keep up with my WinMo devices....

Interesting....kinda vague. Could you expand a little. What exactly could the BBs not keep up with? and which BBs are you coparing to whichWinMo devices?
Old 07-14-2009, 03:33 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln12483 View Post
100% agree i have frozen my friends bb because i had to wait for the webpage to load and i kept scrolling down while it was still loading and it froze HAHA
Old 07-14-2009, 06:27 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

im gonna wait for a touch hd 2 to come out for sprint, i think i'll skip the tp2 unless i can get a free upgrade somehow

Old 07-14-2009, 07:22 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
Because BB offers push email for all email services. You have an exchange server which "pushes" email to your phone. But if you wanted your hotmail, isp email etc, using that standard email client, pocket outlook, would be no better that using outlook on your PC (non exchange) where you gotta tell it how often to check email. The problem with a PDAs is battery life. do you have pocket outlook check every 2 minutes and get emails in near real time, or set it to 30+ min to save your battery. There are services that offer push to WinMo devices but the blackberry comes with it. It is simply easier to consolidate/configure email services, including exchange email (assuming your exchange server has web access) on a bb than it is on a winmo device. Hands down, except for exchange, WinMo will never be better than BB for email. Maybe I shouldn't say never, but you get the idea. FYI, depending on your carrier, the data plans for bb are the same as for PDAs, at least on VZW.
I see. Thanks for clarifying
Old 07-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro

If I dont see the HTC hD come out fairly soon... And with soon, I mean before the year end, I will get a BB TOur.... I upgraded my Curve to a TP this April and I can personally tell you that Blackberries are way more stable and reliable. Sure its more basic and has half of the features of a wm device. But then again its only a phone.

I miss great reception and awesome battery life from a Blackberry.

But, its all about the internal hardware of these new phones. The tour is packing a 528mhz cpu. For a BB, that is monsterous. Compared to the curves 312 mhz.

The only way I would wait and choose the HD over the Tour is if they upgrade the CPU on it (hopefully 1GBmhz). The TP2 is still gonna bring the same old crappy MSM7201A we are runnning now. So where is the upgrade on that???

I see a more sophisticated and capable phone in the TP2 with the same speed of a Touch pro1. Definately some reason for concern.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro