PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 06:16 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Im on my 5th replaced Touch Pro in 7 months!!!?!??!!?

It's not the carriers fault for f'd up phones. Blame the manufacturer, in this case it's HTC. I'm on my fourth. My first I had since launch thrul April and I dropped it (my fault) on some steel where I worked and messed up the corner pretty good but the phone still worked flawless. I took it to a sprint service center to get chrome replaced (i was going to pay for it) and they said....naw, we can't fix it...we'll do an advanced exchange! The replacement was new (April build) and it had all sorts of problems. Took it back but this time it was a refurb. The phone worked great, but the phone was beat to hell, scratches on screen/chrome/back cover, and the USB plug would not stay in the port. So I complained and got a new in box TP and it's flawless. I even got to keep the refurb.....

So getting a good TP seems to be the luck of the draw and hope HTC gets it's hands out of it's pants and starts thinking with the correct head.

Horndoctor....go blow your own horn....
Old 07-10-2009, 07:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

I went through 5 Moguls and 2 6700's before it. I'm still on my first TP, but it's only a matter of time before this one fails. The screen has several fine cracks even though it's always cased, never dropped and wrapped in Best Skins Ever. The hinge is getting stupid loose. I's a bad design to put the power button on the screen section at the opposite end from the hinge. Every time the power button is pressed it puts a lateral and angular load on the hinge. I don't share the OP's love of this phone. It does so much, but more often than not just not when I need it. The combination of WM ureliability and HTC design flaws have worn me down. I would never recommend this phone to anyone but a die hard geek who like to tinker and doesn't need a mission criticcal device. It's not if it will let you down, it's when. This is where MS is loosing the game. Virtually every iPhone (yes, groan) and BB user I know will recommend their phone enthusiastically. Most have owned WM devices in the past and have nothing good to say about the experience. When it's time to upgrade from my TP, I plan to join them!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
Virtually every iPhone (yes, groan) and BB user I know will recommend their phone enthusiastically. Most have owned WM devices in the past and have nothing good to say about the experience.
I've noticed this myself, probably 15 people I work with have either iphones or BB's & they absolutely LOVE them. Some of them had WM phones in the past & hated them.

My son was using an eNv last year & I gave him a mint xv6800 I wasn't using because he wanted a PPC. He used it for three months & finally admitted "I hate this POS" He is not a geek like me at all & just wants a phone to turn on & work. He is a texting monster & can type faster on a T9 phonepad than anyone I've ever met. No matter what ROM etc I flashed that phone with, he had constant problems with text lag etc.

He finally handed me back that titan & went out & got a new eNv2 & he loves it. He also LOVES his 16 gig ipod touch.........

~John
Old 07-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've replaced my Mogul 3 times due to keyboard/screen faults at which point they gave me a TP which I've replaced once already due to another keyboard fault. I love sliding hardware keyboards, but it seems like a lot of problems originate from them... My current TP already has that 'rainbow smudge', but it's not worth my time right now to try and get it replaced. Watch me regret that when the screen completely stops receiving touch input though.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 07-10-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

correct me if I'm wrong but once you go through about 3 or 4 replacements shouldn't they be offering you a new phone type or shouldn't you be requesting another one. reasonably you tried and it didn't work and you went through 5 so for so you should be pushing them to give you something else.

Escalate man, escalate.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

keery458 is becoming a great contributor

Im on my 4th TP. I called up Telus ,and they agreed to reniew my contract for a new one, at 3 year term prices. Im probably gonna wait for the TP2, its just disapointing to be so loyal to HTC and yet we usually dont get the best of Hardware. I had the same issue with the P4000, i probably got 5 units, until they decided to give me a brand new one. I just hope The TP 2 Roles out with a little more attention paid to hardware quality.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

reissy is a n00b

ive had mine since the first week of the release on sprint with no problems on my phone. that sucks
Old 07-10-2009, 11:45 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
I went through 5 Moguls and 2 6700's before it. I'm still on my first TP, but it's only a matter of time before this one fails. The screen has several fine cracks even though it's always cased, never dropped and wrapped in Best Skins Ever. The hinge is getting stupid loose. I's a bad design to put the power button on the screen section at the opposite end from the hinge. Every time the power button is pressed it puts a lateral and angular load on the hinge. I don't share the OP's love of this phone. It does so much, but more often than not just not when I need it. The combination of WM ureliability and HTC design flaws have worn me down. I would never recommend this phone to anyone but a die hard geek who like to tinker and doesn't need a mission criticcal device. It's not if it will let you down, it's when. This is where MS is loosing the game. Virtually every iPhone (yes, groan) and BB user I know will recommend their phone enthusiastically. Most have owned WM devices in the past and have nothing good to say about the experience. When it's time to upgrade from my TP, I plan to join them!
at the same time, youll find a million and 1 people that will brag about WM and the TP..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
correct me if I'm wrong but once you go through about 3 or 4 replacements shouldn't they be offering you a new phone type or shouldn't you be requesting another one. reasonably you tried and it didn't work and you went through 5 so for so you should be pushing them to give you something else.

Escalate man, escalate.
we already have TP's what are they gonna offer us? something cheaper? something with downgrades in hardware?? theres not really a comparable option...not on sprint anyways.. anytime i have big issues, sprint shells out big bucks to keep me around.. even got $500 posted on my bill for sprint--only part was a buyout kinda solution, rest they kind owed me..
Old 07-10-2009, 11:50 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

It's amazing how many people have had this many serious issues with the hardware. I've never had any issues with an HTC phone. Had my 6700 until the Mogul came out. I had to replace my Mogul once (only months before the TP came out) because the plastic piece in the miniUSB port broke off so I couldn't charge it. I've had a TP since BB put it out (and I drove 2 hours to get it! I love road trips...) and only had to replace it 3 weeks ago because it took a nose dive 25 feet from my second floor onto tile. The hinges on the keyboard broke (but it still had some spring left in it) so you had to slide it open with both hands. I actually used it for a few weeks and it still worked like a champ.

I though most people had only replaced their phones once or twice! My heart goes out to all of you that has to experience this.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
at the same time, youll find a million and 1 people that will brag about WM and the TP..
A few if you include people form these forums, but very far from a million. But people I physically meet? At this point not a one! I know a few people that like their WM standard phones (Blackjacks), but not the touch screen version. Because of buisness, I know a bunch of people who were given Moguls and WM based Treo's and to a one they hated the phones, view WM as junk and switched to another device as soon as they could. Most now use Blackberry's which they are deliriously happy with. My suggestion to MS is to kill off the Windows Mobile name when WM7 is ready and hope that the general public doesn't connect it to OS who's reputation they have all but destroyed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro