PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Russellhi is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Password protected Texting for MMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplaya610 View Post
what i use is blackballer.. which blocks texts/calls from unwanted people... it doesnt really block it it just hides it from being seen... but it does show the texts u sent but not the received ones... the only problem is that if she goes into blackballer ans snoops around she can get ahold of the texts... i have come w/ ssome close calls w/ my girl looking thru blackballer and asking what it is.. i just say its part of the phone and take the phone.. but now i found theres an app that pass word protects apps and of stuff on the phone.. its called "device application locker".. havent used it yet
If you want to hide a program and make it not show up in your recent programs list.. go to file explorer/ windows/ start menue/ programs, and cut the shortcut icon out of that folder.. you can paste it under your settings folder to get to it later. You can even rename

show under your recent programs list.

Another option, a little better.. install "launch manager" assign it to a hard key (I use a long press of a hard key). Go to file explorer..start menue/programs and delete the program icon you want to hide along with launch managers icon. Open launch manager by pressing the hard key you assigned it to.. create a shortcut in launch manager to the program by pointing it to my device/program files/ "program name"/"program"

I also use this setup to point to password protected web pages in opera. This way if someone picks up my phone they cant check my bank account, or read any text messages.

Last edited by Russellhi; 06-27-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

someone on xda was making a program called lockdown, but i believe development stopped.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: help
Carrier: sprint

randy021186 is a n00b

i recommend MAGICAL.....why password protect it? to hear her ask a million questions?, like if ur cheating on me? Let me see ur phone?

Magical Just hides or deletes the other girls text and calls and makes a log, so you may read it after u leave ur girl. this program has save my *** many of times with my real girl!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: help

randy021186 is a n00b

Oh it doesn't ring or alerts u when your with your girl...
Old 06-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

id be interested in hiding my texts & im SINGLE. i just dont like people nosing around & going through my stuff. what i text is nobody elses beeswax, IMO. but yeah, you shouldnt fool around behind your GFs back. why even be in a relationship if you wanna sow the ol' oats...

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 06-28-2009, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

kabuk1, try one of the phone lock programs. that way you can keep everyone out of your phone. as far as the OP, get a second phone. use that for your booty calls and such.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2/Touch Pro/Diamond

Atomic2Mod is keeping up the good workAtomic2Mod is keeping up the good work

You could alsways just get rid of the text message tab altogether with a tf3d config app (plenty out there).
To get to them yourself, you can either swipe in the email tab until you hit the sms section or download a third party app that has sms (pocketCM). Just turn the notifications to a short sound / vibrate. Etc.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treowx

derrickmd18 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to derrickmd18 Send a message via Yahoo to derrickmd18

the #5 in the players guide is lock your phone always and remove the txt tab from flo and menu and leave phone on silent. that what I do. never been cought yet.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

easy way i think is to enable the lock option in windows mobiel and shut your phone off. then when you turn it on you cant use anything untill you enter the correct lock code. but then your gf will probably ask what the code is and get mad if you dont tell her.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

amateurs... its simple..when your with your girl leave your phone in the car..."it was dead and is charging" yes my truck allows it to charge even if the vehicle isn't turned on so works for me lol...and to answer kabuk1... were all human... in this century unfortunately know one can be trusted male or female... my phone stays on silent.. and always stays in my pocket rather im in the shower pants in there with me and door locked... I only been busted 1 time in my life and I was 18... should have followed Tom Leykis's 101 school and never let her know where I live lol

for the record I'm only kidding in this reply but a program like that would be cool

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro