PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 02:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tweak812 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP!!! Another Moron Semi-Bricking his phone!

Alright, after succesfully flashing and flashing many different roms via usb and active sync, I finally got my phone just the way I liked it, then keyboard fails. No big deal I flash back to stock via usb, then go to relock it, doesn't relock. After repeated tries it still will not relock. Change the check box under the usb connection setting nothing. Last attempts actually sent my computer into a blue screen of death.

So then i remember we can relock via sd card. Reformat to fat32, but on the relocker and rename to raphimg.nbh. everything seems to go succesfully and then my phone gets stuck in loading. Leave it the for about 15 minutes nothing happens, pop the battery out goes to bootloader and then the loading screen again. Pull battery start up without the sd card in and the bootloader screen reads:

Security Unlocked
RAPH800
SPL-0.37.0000
MicroP-Hermann (Led) v0c85
MicroP-Hermann (key) v0c85
PSOC-Raph Stage _EVT v20

Upgrade ROM code error
Please Try again

I have hard reset to no avail. And since the phone is now SPL_0.37.0000 does that mean my phone is locked again?

Please help, i've tried quite a few things in the search but have no idea where to go now.

Thanks,
Tweak
Old 06-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HELP!!! Another Moron Semi-Bricking his phone!

Yes, your bootloader is locked back to its original version. Instead of loading the ROM image from your SD card, just connect your phone via USB while in bootloader mode and run the shipped ROM exe and it should still flash correctly.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:04 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tweak812 is a n00b

That is exactly what I did after I put up the post because i realized i had not tried that and it worked...I should now be all good to get the phone swapped out right?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yes, now that you have the original stock ROM and bootloader, Sprint shouldn't give you a problem on those fronts.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:18 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tweak812 is a n00b

Thanks, for the quick responses jedi. They have been noted. Now to get my new phone and bring it back to the good stuff.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(6850)

falzon03 is keeping up the good workfalzon03 is keeping up the good work

ummmm i dont even think it matters if you bring it in with a flashed rom.....ive gone through....idk 6 touch pros...(only one was my fault the rest were keyboard)...and never even though about flashing back to stock...and thats nothing...i went through like 10 of the regular touchs 6900 and non e of them were returned with the stock rom either....either they dont care or my sprint store is retarded lol
Old 06-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I would say there's a good chance they won't notice a custom ROM, but it's always better to play it safe than risk getting turned away.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro