PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

KatyaCincy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Please help!

Hello everybody!
I'm a new one here and i desperately need your help!

I just got a Verizon HTC Touch Pro and decided to turn into a different language one, so i went to a different forum to download the WM version and HArd_spl. The Hard_SPL they had didn't work, so i got one from here for verizon. And it worked. Than i tried to run the new Windows mobile, it worked also, but after the phone tried to turn on again it froze at the start up, than turn off and turned on and froze again, etc..... And it goes like that till i take the battery out! :'((
I know i might made a mistake. But is there any chance to get my phone back without getting it to the service center. I think it happened because of the Country ID loker, but who knows.
So is there any possibility to fix it by my own???

I really hope to hear some good news from you!
Thanks,
Kate
Old 09-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Please help!

Moved to general touch pro forum.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

flash the shipped vzw rom back, if there are no issues your phone is fine. there is nothing (that I know of) that can permanently break your phone that you can do without using any kind of CDMA workshop or similar...

shipped VZW:

Shipped versions (exe format signed):

Verizon:
Leaked version (pre-release):
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Stock%20R...51064_Ship.exe
Old 09-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Did ya try a hard reset?
Old 09-13-2009, 01:36 AM
kadukuchelu

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Try putting you pro in the bootloader mode by holding down the power+volumedown key+ reset at the same time it should take you into the bootloader mode the flash to stock rom after you flash and it is done I would hard reset which is holding down the power key volume down and press the center circle at the same time that is a hard reset but I would take the battery out for about 20 sec to let the rom settle first then hard reset if that dont work then you might want to ask one of the senior mem on here like razorloves. I learned alot from him you can pm him after doing this if it dont work. Scrossler also might help you out since he has a verizon tp he has also helped me out also and tommyr there are to many to mention but these are the mem I would ask if all else fails. Good luck and I hope you find an answer.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KatyaCincy is a n00b

Thanks everyone!
I might be more silly than i thought!
I tried the bootloader - it works. But i didn't get how to make a hard reset.
And i didn't get what means "flash to stock"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadukuchelu View Post
it should take you into the bootloader mode the flash to stock rom after you flash and it is done I would hard reset which is holding down the power key volume down and press the center circle at the same time that is a hard reset
Could you please explain me the hard reset step by step?
I tried power button+ volume down+center circle. If the phone is off, it just goes to the start up and freezes again. If i do it in the bootloader, nothing happens at all.
I know i may sound silly, but i do appreciate your help a lot!
I hope following your advices to fix it up
Old 09-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KatyaCincy is a n00b

OH, my! It should be worse than i thought ...
I pressed the circle and the power and it wrote me "This operation will delete all data and reset all settings", i agreed and pressed Volume Up as it wanted me to. But than it still freezes on start up.
That means hard reset didn't help?
Old 09-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyaCincy View Post
OH, my! It should be worse than i thought ...
I pressed the circle and the power and it wrote me "This operation will delete all data and reset all settings", i agreed and pressed Volume Up as it wanted me to. But than it still freezes on start up.
That means hard reset didn't help?
yes it didnt help, put it in bootloader mode, the flash the stock rom from post #3 from raidzero. after that you can flash any rom you would like
Old 09-13-2009, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

as mentioned above, just put phone into bootloader mode, then connect phone to computer with the usb cable then download the stock rom to your computer and open it. you can download the newest verizon stock rom here http://www.pcdphones.com/phone_downl...zon%20Wireless
Old 09-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I had this problem when i tried to flash a GSM rom to my CDMA phone.. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro