PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Threadstarter

alexanderbanna is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Quick nub question

wish there was a way I could just unlock it so I don't have to deal with douche bags at the stores, lol.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

up until earlier this year the OTA programming for VZN had a 3rd option that was for phones that were being added to VZN. its my understanding that is has gone away. it could just be a temp thing. a call to CS should get you an answer. i hope they do bring it back. i would really like to pick up a sprint TP so i can have more memory. i still to this day do not understand VZN's thinking behind crippling there phones.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

alexanderbanna is a n00b

talked to a Verizon rep that said so long as i unlock the phone they can activate it... Do any of you guys know of a online guild that unlocks the HTC touch pro to allow me to change over to Verizon?

Last edited by alexanderbanna; 06-22-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:18 PM
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

top of the page. unlocker then run one of the kitchens that has the VZN carrier cab built in. you can use the PPC geeks kitchen. i run SSK's kitchen with very good results. if you use the kitchen, if your using a sprint TP up the page pool when it comes to that. 16 would probably be a good place to start.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

alexanderbanna is a n00b

The phone is unlocked with one of mighty ROMS on it now. So all i need to do is flash it with a Verizon ROM and I should be good to go?
Old 06-22-2009, 11:39 PM
VIP Member

yep. does mighty have VZN as a carrier option? if not try SSK's or even bored's. just change the page pool like i said. VZN TP's have to be set smaller because of the crippling.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

alexanderbanna is a n00b

I am not sure how to change the page pool... I don't have any exp with anything more then installing the ROMS... I am kind of a nub when it comes to anything past that.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Just want to clear up some misconceptions in this thread.

A: Verizon never activated other carriers equipment intentionally. The famous *228 option 3, which no longer works, would simply add a temporary "Default" or "Dummy" profile for the phone so it could be activated. Either this was done by design and changed due to idiots trying to call in to get these non-VZW phones working or this was never intended and was plugged as soon as they found out about it.

B: You cannot "unlock" a CDMA phone (the SPL unlock is not carrier specific and only required to install 3rd party ROMs, not switch carriers). Whoever said they could get it added as long as it was "unlocked" did not know what they were talking about.

C: The only way to get your non-VZW phone added to their DMD is to get in contact with someone in their tech support that knows how to get it done.

D: Most ROMs are generic. You do NOT have to have a VZW ROM for your TouchPro to work on VZW.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

and if you do get it on Verizon be sure to keep the name and extension of the person that did it for you so that you can Pm all of us that would love to do it to.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:25 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
Just want to clear up some misconceptions in this thread.

A: Verizon never activated other carriers equipment intentionally. The famous *228 option 3, which no longer works, would simply add a temporary "Default" or "Dummy" profile for the phone so it could be activated. Either this was done by design and changed due to idiots trying to call in to get these non-VZW phones working or this was never intended and was plugged as soon as they found out about it.

B: You cannot "unlock" a CDMA phone (the SPL unlock is not carrier specific and only required to install 3rd party ROMs, not switch carriers). Whoever said they could get it added as long as it was "unlocked" did not know what they were talking about.

C: The only way to get your non-VZW phone added to their DMD is to get in contact with someone in their tech support that knows how to get it done.

D: Most ROMs are generic. You do NOT have to have a VZW ROM for your TouchPro to work on VZW.

A. YES, they did. that was the whole point of the opt 3 on *228. it even said in the options menu "to activate a phone not from VZN, press 3". this became an option because of the ruling about THERE OWN TOSA that you didnt have to buy the phone from VZN. (you should really do your homework before you make a statement like that.)

B. you still need ther carrier cab so it will work on your network. so you need the carrier cab, AS WELL as the rom to change to there network, OR you have to sent the phone to Tx to have VZN flash it for you.

C.no one said any different. as i stated, contact tech support and have the device added to there DMD. i thought i was quite clear on that.

D. you still need ther carrier cab so it will work on your network.

dont believe me? kinda strang i probably had one of the first non VZN smartphones running on VZN. i have been there, done that. i have an altell 6800 setup for VZN with a good ESN in there system. it was not a mistake, and i was very clear when i called that it was an Altell phone. 0 problems once i got to the correct tech.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro