PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: keeping soft KB from popping up only when hard KB is open?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
yu dont even need those two joints man, just the regedit will do....good move on the uninstall though
I did not have that value under SIP so, So I created a new DWord Value and named it like you said and set it to 1. doesnt seem to work for me... keyboard still pops. hmmm. Thoughts?

thanks
Old 06-23-2009, 12:05 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

lemme se if i can get u a screenie...hold up
Old 06-23-2009, 12:11 AM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Make sure you do a softy after changind the registry

Old 06-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Make sure you do a softy after changind the registry

hmmm. thats what I have...no go. Did the softie. I will tinker more tomorrow. Thanks for the screen shots. I wasnt sure I put it in right...never added a value before.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:34 AM
DaFlowMaster

No prob dude, am sure u ll get it working...that pop up can be a pain but i havent seen it in a long time
Old 06-23-2009, 12:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
this is what I did last year, the kb only pops if i hit it...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip>:
Create or change DWORD > TurnOffAutoDeploy from 0 to 1
This worked. Thank you very much.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 06-23-2009, 02:22 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

lol, I just found this. it's old, but made me laugh.
Quote:
http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...27/562162.aspx
Make the SIP stop coming up. The PocketPC has a "Soft Input Panel" (SIP). This is the little software keyboard that pops up at the bottom of the screen. (It can also be various types of handwriting recognizers, etc.) If the device has no hardware keyboard, the SIP will pop up automatically whenever you get to a place where you can enter text. If there's a hardware keyboard, though, we assume you want to use the keyboard instead of the SIP and don't make it pop up automatically. However, if you tap the little SIP button once, we suddenly decide that you want the SIP to deploy automatically again, even though you've got a hardware keyboard. Maybe you did, or maybe you let a friend look at your PocketPC and he said, "Hey, what's this do?" and tapped it. If you want it to stop coming up automatically, let it pop up once and use the hardware keyboard as though the SIP wasn't there. When you use the hardware keyboard, the SIP will go away and won't come up again until you tap the icon. (The common mistake people make here is to put the SIP away and then start typing on the hardware keyboard. That will put it away, but it'll come back again when you go to a new text field.)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

lol thats pretty cool hahaha

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 03:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

haha you always find the good stuff shaggy.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Meh not entirely true, Resco explorer will pop up SIP even if you use and ignore the SIP on the next field

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro