PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone ever been charged by sprint when using WMWifiRouter?

meh, don't expect us to feel sympathy when you feel like AT&T/Apple's prisoner.

wahahahah

just kidding, don't leave!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:05 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

are the new Iphones, gonna have mms/video capabilities, take memory cards???

so what r you doin with your touch pro on sprint?
Old 06-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Devilstrider is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
are the new Iphones, gonna have mms/video capabilities, take memory cards???

so what r you doin with your touch pro on sprint?
The new iphone 3GS has mms and video capabilities. It does not take memory cards but i won't need one with my 32gigs of space I'll be fine. As for the pro i may sell it. I have 2 lines on sprint so i'll be shutting down just my line. So if i ever want to come back i can just add a line.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yea, supposedly the new iphone NOW has video capabilities and and auto zooming camera.. lol. WOW! A friend of mine has the Iphone 3g.. It's trendy and all, but the screen resolution isn't too good and even though the screen is bigger we tested the same video on youtube and not only did mine look better, but the screens were the same size as the iphone couldn't/wouldn't utilize the whole screen. No way would i ever switch to that thing.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
yea, supposedly the new iphone NOW has video capabilities and and auto zooming camera.. lol. WOW! A friend of mine has the Iphone 3g.. It's trendy and all, but the screen resolution isn't too good and even though the screen is bigger we tested the same video on youtube and not only did mine look better, but the screens were the same size as the iphone couldn't/wouldn't utilize the whole screen. No way would i ever switch to that thing.
Wow i have a ipod touch and i just did that test and you fail at lying. the ipods screen is so much bigger and it looks the same. I must say i'm running the new 3.0 firmware as well so you wrong on that. Maybe on the old firmware but not now.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Did the test with and iphone 3g.. don't know his firmware version and really don't care. The screen resolution is obviously not as good. IT IS APPARENT. And yea, it does look the same as in the video displays the same size as the touch pro... only with a lower resolution.

Edit: i guess i do fail at lying because it's not a lie. The Iphone is trendy and it has it's nice features. Not very customizable and unless you plan on jail breaking it don't expect to be able to do much without paying a buttload. oh, and you like to multitask and have more than one program open at the same time? forget about it. Iphone can't do that. Not trying to bash your choice, but pointing out some of its shortcomings.

Last edited by boredmug; 06-17-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:36 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilstrider View Post
Cool. About to burn this mofo up when i'm out with my pro and my ipod touch. Got 3 pro batteries to. This will hold me over until i get my iphone 3GS next month.
dont do it man not the dark side
Old 06-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Did the test with and iphone 3g.. don't know his firmware version and really don't care. The screen resolution is obviously not as good. IT IS APPARENT. And yea, it does look the same as in the video displays the same size as the touch pro... only with a lower resolution.
Looks full screen to me. Much bigger then my pro.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:

Edit: i guess i do fail at lying because it's not a lie. The Iphone is trendy and it has it's nice features. Not very customizable and unless you plan on jail breaking it don't expect to be able to do much without paying a buttload. oh, and you like to multitask and have more than one program open at the same time? forget about it. Iphone can't do that. Not trying to bash your choice, but pointing out some of its shortcomings.
I don't have a lot of apps open at a time. Windows mobile is to unstable and eats ram. I run all kinds of custom roms. Been using windows mobile since the 6700. Still got my 6700 and mogul.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Well the full screen thing is debateable because i really don't know his firmware version and we only tested with one video, but i promise you the resolution on the touch pro is far superior. you can google that and it's easy to find. Touch pro 2 is coming out and that screen will be plenty big with a higher resolution than the iphone. i have friends with the iphone and paying 99 cents per song off itunes can get really expensive.. not to mention the cost of all the little apps. It's definately something worth considering.. You are going to lose a lot of flexibility by going to the iphone, but you may gain popularity points with the school kids. :P

Again, i'm not trying to bash you, just trying to point out some things that are worth considering and you may regret the choice later.. AT&T is not the best company to get locked into a 2 year contract with...

Last edited by boredmug; 06-17-2009 at 06:47 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro