PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Windows Live Email not notifying (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71825)

Major_Nate 06-16-2009 11:39 AM

Windows Live Email not notifying

I have a Windows Live email address set up on my Touch Pro, as well as my Exchanage Server email thru my job, and a gmail account. The Outlook email and Gmail both notify me of emails, by either vibrating or ringing. However, the Live mail will not notify me. It will not vibrate and it will not ring. It will just show up, and maybe, just maybe, the LED ring will flash from time to time. I have had 4-5 replacements for various issues, and have tried multiple ROMs, and this issue has arisen on all of them.

Currently, I'm running my TP on MightyROM 5, but I was wondering if anyone else had this issue, if so, how do I fix it? lol. Any input/commentary is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

wavezero 06-16-2009 12:21 PM

Re: Windows Live Email not notifying

I assume you have gone to Settings/Sounds & Notifications (Notifications tab) Set the event "Messaging: New e-mail Message" and checked "Play Sound" and "Vibrate"?

Major_Nate 06-16-2009 04:59 PM

I did check the "play sound" and also tried the "vibrate" option. The other two email accounts work fine. The only account the ringer and/or vibrator does not work for is the live mail.

Darkjedi 06-16-2009 05:04 PM

Live mail is managed through that Live program so you may be able to adjust the options there. I haven't used Live mail in a while as it burns through my batteries faster than if I used exchange or just 15 min polling intervals.

HBOOT 06-16-2009 05:59 PM

Minw has been working 99.8% of the time runing stock. I am not sure what the prob could be except that it may have something to so with your set up since you had this prob will all your TP's. As a temporary solution if that is critical for you, you can set up live mail to send you a text notification...

wavezero 06-16-2009 06:08 PM

Not to keep stating the obvious, but you probably had a conflict between your three email services. Have you tried removing the other two (gmail and exchange), then sending yourself a couple of emails? That would determine whether notificaitions are not working for live or if its an issue with the other accounts...

GoodThings2Life 06-16-2009 06:30 PM

I have always had this problem since day one with my Mogul. I have always believed it to be a limitation of using that type of account. I also use an Exchange account which obviously works flawlessly.

Major_Nate 06-16-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 978870)
Live mail is managed through that Live program so you may be able to adjust the options there. I haven't used Live mail in a while as it burns through my batteries faster than if I used exchange or just 15 min polling intervals.

That's what I thought, and so I went through all the options, and there's not one for notifications.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life (Post 979061)
I have always had this problem since day one with my Mogul. I have always believed it to be a limitation of using that type of account. I also use an Exchange account which obviously works flawlessly.

Hmm, maybe it's because of the exchange email?

HBOOT 06-16-2009 06:43 PM

I would delete and recreate the accounts what position is your live mail ? put that joint uptop and give it a shot..

jer07734 06-16-2009 06:53 PM

try not using windows live, but setting it up as a pop account.

use these settings -

in the beginning, for the email address, leave off the .com. just username@hotmail
your name - what ever you want people to see when you email them
account display name - identifying name of the account on your device
incoming mail server - pop3.live.com
account type - pop3
user name - your full email address, example username@hotmail.com
password - your password
check the box to save password
outgoing server - smtp.live.com
check the box for outgoing requires authentication
check the box for use the same username and password for sending
under advanced server setting, check both boxes for require ssl on incoming and outgoing and your connection should be the internet
next thru setting the user-defined fields until finished