PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
USB Car Charger + Mini USB plug = no car charger?

So my old car charger died recently. I couldn't get it to charge my TP.

So I purchased from monoprice a USB car charger with a mini USB cord. I tested the cord on my computer and it worked fine. I tested the car charger on my friends Iphone and that charged fine.

So how come they don't work together? I tried jiggling around the connection because I thought maybe it wasn't getting a good connection, but that didn't help at all.

So the cord works and the charger works. They just don't work together. Anyone with some ideas here? I am at a loss.

Here is the charger:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Here is the plug:
Old 08-21-2009, 03:48 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: USB Car Charger + Mini USB plug = no car charger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
So my old car charger died recently. I couldn't get it to charge my TP.

So I purchased from monoprice a USB car charger with a mini USB cord. I tested the cord on my computer and it worked fine. I tested the car charger on my friends Iphone and that charged fine.

So how come they don't work together? I tried jiggling around the connection because I thought maybe it wasn't getting a good connection, but that didn't help at all.

So the cord works and the charger works. They just don't work together. Anyone with some ideas here? I am at a loss.

Here is the charger:

Here is the plug:
Does it work when you plug your TP into your computer? If not, you may have a bad port on your TP.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes, the plug works connecting it to my computer. Sorry, I wasn't quite clear. When I said the cord works on the computer, I meant to say that I could get a connection between my TP and AS with the cord.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:53 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Yes, the plug works connecting it to my computer. Sorry, I wasn't quite clear. When I said the cord works on the computer, I meant to say that I could get a connection between my TP and AS with the cord.
My bad.

I assume when you tested your friend's iPhone it was in your vehicle, right?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yes, my charger with his iphone plug in my truck. It's really weird.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sbddude is just getting started

i use the exact same combo, and it works.

Is your phone charging when plugged in to your pc?
Old 08-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Yes, it charges fine.

Like I said above, I have confirmed each individual component to work. They just don't work together for some reason?

Edit: How long is your USB cord? Is it 6'? Its a long shot, but could it (the cord) be too long?
Old 08-21-2009, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

Try using the Touch Pro's charging cable with your new charger. The big end is a standard USB head.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

I have something similar, a Schose brand from Walmart....its a dual usb that you plug into your lighter or power port, and I use that in my car with a generic mini usb cord and I have no issues at all...that may be an option...the charger is like 12 bucks at wally world...definately worth it bro

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 08-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Ok. So I just busted out my multimeter and checked voltages coming out of the charger (while plugged in of course). It registered 5.16 volts. Which is perfect.

I tried to plug in a shorter version cable (3 foot) and that didn't work as well.

I would try to use the original TP cable, but I can't find it.

I tried to get a reading from the mini usb cable while plugged in, but I could not fit the leads of my multimeter inside the plug of the mini usb.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro