PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   no ##3424, dmrouter.exe or epst on verizon touch pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71617)

cligulley 06-14-2009 11:46 AM

no ##3424, dmrouter.exe or epst on verizon touch pro

hi guys, got a verizon touch pro, i am unable to to enter ##778, ##778#, ##3424, ##3424, or any form of those codes with results. when i enter this on my other touch pro, it brings the respective programs up right away without even having to press send, but not on this phone. i tried following advice i saw on here about navigating to the windows directory to find the actual programs dmrouter and epst, and i found NO dmrouter program whatsoever, and epst is a non-executable, and there is also an epst2 non-executable. i need to be able to use qpst on this phone, so i have to get into the diag program at minimum.

Noir 06-14-2009 12:24 PM

Re: no ##3424, dmrouter.exe or epst on verizon touch pro

are you on stock rom or a custom rom?

cligulley 06-14-2009 12:39 PM

stock

CollegeKid 06-14-2009 10:42 PM

I'm using the same verizon TP and have not been able to get into these menus regardless of my rom.

I'd like to use them specifically to check signal strength with different radios. I'm subscribed for a solution as well.

Like the OP I've checked the windows folder as well and find exactly the same thing. No dmrouter and epst/epst2 that are non-executable.

Noir 06-14-2009 11:06 PM

did you try flashing a new rom?

cligulley 06-14-2009 11:22 PM

no, i was going to leave the rom stock as i may be getting rid of this phone soon, so i don't want to take a negative on resale with custom rom.

kyle4269 06-14-2009 11:54 PM

Did you do the tweak to disable the dialer? If you did enable it and you should be good.

nate.spangler 06-15-2009 09:26 AM

custom dialer is almost always the issue, either that or no carrier cab installed on a custom rom

razorloves 06-15-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cligulley (Post 974315)
hi guys, got a verizon touch pro, i am unable to to enter ##778, ##778#, ##3424, ##3424, or any form of those codes with results. when i enter this on my other touch pro, it brings the respective programs up right away without even having to press send, but not on this phone. i tried following advice i saw on here about navigating to the windows directory to find the actual programs dmrouter and epst, and i found NO dmrouter program whatsoever, and epst is a non-executable, and there is also an epst2 non-executable. i need to be able to use qpst on this phone, so i have to get into the diag program at minimum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollegeKid (Post 975292)
I'm using the same verizon TP and have not been able to get into these menus regardless of my rom.

I'd like to use them specifically to check signal strength with different radios. I'm subscribed for a solution as well.

Like the OP I've checked the windows folder as well and find exactly the same thing. No dmrouter and epst/epst2 that are non-executable.

While you are in File Explorer, click on Menu and Show All Files, then you will be able to see EPST, DMRouter, FieldTrial. Have you tried ##778 Send?

cligulley 06-15-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 975875)
While you are in File Explorer, click on Menu and Show All Files, then you will be able to see EPST, DMRouter, FieldTrial. Have you tried ##778 Send?

Thanks, I got it to show up, but unfortunately when i click on dmrouter, it does nothing, and when i click on epst, it flashes onto the title bar, then quickly goes away with no other results. I tried ##778, but it just dials instead of bringing up epst.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle4269 (Post 975422)
Did you do the tweak to disable the dialer? If you did enable it and you should be good.

i did not tweak this phone in anyway...yet. no dialer disabled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate.spangler (Post 975855)
custom dialer is almost always the issue, either that or no carrier cab installed on a custom rom

as i have no custom rom installed, or custom dialer installed, i must assume i have the correct carrier cab installed for a verizon stock rom on a phone they sold me, so i do not believe this to be the issue.