PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evdo only mode allows calls.

I have my phone set to evdo only mode and just got a call. I thought that evdo only mode disables calls and texts. I wonder when they fixed this issue.

I'm using mighty5 fyi
Old 06-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Evdo only mode allows calls.

No it's 1X only mode that does this.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
No it's 1X only mode that does this.
Just so you know, the phone needs to switch to 1x mode to make calls and receive text. It can also browse the internet (slowly) in 1x mode. I don't see how setting it to 1x mode can disable anything. The reason why putting it into evdo only mode disabled calling and text is because it was stuck in evdo only mode.

Now it seems to stay in evdo mode for data and switch normally for text and phone calls which is great.

Last edited by esqueue; 06-09-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I believe EVDO only mode only applies to data. Voice is going to be 1x regardless.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
Just so you know, the phone needs to switch to 1x mode to make calls and receive text. It can also browse the internet (slowly) in 1x mode. I don't see how setting it to 1x mode can disable anything. The reason why putting it into evdo only mode disabled calling and text is because it was stuck in evdo only mode.

Now it seems to stay in evdo mode for data and switch normally for text and phone calls which is great.
Sorry, I think I misread your original post.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Sorry, I think I misread your original post.
No need to apologize, I thought that that you were misinformed so I explained it.

I guess I was the misinformed one who thought that the phone didn't switch to 1x no matter the situation while in evdo only mode.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Such is the limitation of the current Rev A technology. I think the new LTE/WiMAX standard transmits everything on one band, thereby theoretically allowing simultaneous data and voice connections.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

moovius is keeping up the good workmoovius is keeping up the good work
It's a rom issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
I have my phone set to evdo only mode and just got a call. I thought that evdo only mode disables calls and texts. I wonder when they fixed this issue.
I'm using mighty5 fyi

I have flashed many a rom and I have run into a few where when I had my phone in EVDO ONLY MODE that calls would squirt through. There's another feature under the SERVICE menu that forces all calls to voicemail when data connection is being used, you might want to try that out (it was near the bottom of the menu).

I'm currently using SSK's rom (I can't remember which one I have ), but it blocks all calls and all texts when I'm in EVDO ONLY MODE.

If it's too much of a problem, you can always flash a different rom.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff
Re: It's a rom issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by moovius View Post
I have flashed many a rom and I have run into a few where when I had my phone in EVDO ONLY MODE that calls would squirt through. There's another feature under the SERVICE menu that forces all calls to voicemail when data connection is being used, you might want to try that out (it was near the bottom of the menu).

I'm currently using SSK's rom (I can't remember which one I have ), but it blocks all calls and all texts when I'm in EVDO ONLY MODE.

If it's too much of a problem, you can always flash a different rom.
Yep the service to send calls to voice mail during a data session is called DDTM mode (Data dedicated transmission mode). This can be handy occasionally I use it when streaming games.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My experience w/ EVDO only mode (on sprint, a previous wm65 rom - about a month ago) - was that I couldn't receive any calls while in EVDO only mode. (I *could* make calls though)
-mark

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro