PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djstone86 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does using the force 1x save battery life?

If all im doing is Texting and calling would using this save battery life? what would be the drawbacks?
Old 06-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean
Re: Does using the force 1x save battery life?

if your battery life is that important (which it should be) then best thing you can do with it is too flash a ROM. texting and internet usage will kill the battery faster then anything. check out the two link below for ways to conserve battery usage.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

djstone86 is becoming a great contributor

i did flash a rom i used MMikes now i have DCD. i just wanna know if i can save further battery life by switching to 1x
Old 06-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes. I've been on 1x for about a week now, charged twice in that period. I work 2 floors down so the signal isn't that great either but 1x signal doesn't keep trying to find more/better towers if its over 2 bars. Left on my nightstand I go from 100% to 97% after 7-8 hours (receive 5-10 txts and a few emails in that period).
Old 06-02-2009, 04:02 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDutt View Post
Yes. I've been on 1x for about a week now, charged twice in that period. I work 2 floors down so the signal isn't that great either but 1x signal doesn't keep trying to find more/better towers if its over 2 bars. Left on my nightstand I go from 100% to 97% after 7-8 hours (receive 5-10 txts and a few emails in that period).
I'll say the opposite here.

At my house, there's zero coverage. I have an airave which only puts out a 1x signal. My phone can sit overnight just a few feet from the airave, so it's the best possible signal, and the battery will be down 8-10% overnight. I have e-mail set to check every 2 hours, and that's all.

If I disable hybrid mode, and change it to 1x only, I don't notice a difference. This is in a place where it would be constantly searching for an evdo signal... sometimes it will grab one with 0 bars, but it's uncommon. My situation is one where you would see a difference if there was one to be had.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDutt View Post
it doesn't save battery power being on 1x only. The reason it probably saved you battery life is because if you are in an area where it is constantly switching back and forth because it can't lock on to a strong enough signal then leaving it on 1x will save you battery power. But if in an evdo signal and 1x signal are both strong, you WILL NOT save any battery power by putting it on 1x.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

sorry for the double post it won't let me edit, but The reason is because if you have something like your emails being checked, that uses battery power, so if on evdo it will do the check much faster then if you are on 1x, so technically more battery power consumption by putting it on 1x only.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

If you have strong EVDO coverage, leaving it in EVDO mode will net you better battery life than switching to 1x mode.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
If you have strong EVDO coverage, leaving it in EVDO mode will net you better battery life than switching to 1x mode.
helix is 100% correct.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
I'll say the opposite here.

At my house, there's zero coverage. I have an airave which only puts out a 1x signal. My phone can sit overnight just a few feet from the airave, so it's the best possible signal, and the battery will be down 8-10% overnight. I have e-mail set to check every 2 hours, and that's all.

If I disable hybrid mode, and change it to 1x only, I don't notice a difference. This is in a place where it would be constantly searching for an evdo signal... sometimes it will grab one with 0 bars, but it's uncommon. My situation is one where you would see a difference if there was one to be had.
in theory i think you would be correct. however, i can turn my phone on at 8am and use it till about 5pm and its close to being dead. then pop in a freshly charged battery then return home where im also usin an AIRAVE and my phones dead almost completely by 11pm...and im actually using it less...sometimes it even seems to get hot and i havent even used the phone. but it only does this at home and not when im out and about.

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro