PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: restoring text after flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
You have to turn the phone radio off before doing a pim backup restore...thats the only way restoring text messages will work...
I've gotten it to load fine without the radio off

The one nice thing about having all the texts repopulate is that you get to skim some of the texts that were sent to you from like years ago. I first got a PPC in like 06 and started saving texts since. It's fun to read old messages from days past, without actually having to go through them individually.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:02 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

So I tried the MyPhone thing. i didn't like it too much. it was pretty slow for me.

I was flashing to 6.5, but after using it for a day decided to go back to 6.1.

6.5 seemed to give up alot of functionality for looks. Not sure why people use it.

but neways...i'm back to having the same problem restoring my text. I can't get the conversation to flow when threading. I'm using the same process. Frusrating. I'll try using MyPhone again if I can't get pimbackup to get my text to actually thread with my inbox/sent
Old 05-30-2009, 02:12 AM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
So I tried the MyPhone thing. i didn't like it too much. it was pretty slow for me.

I was flashing to 6.5, but after using it for a day decided to go back to 6.1.

6.5 seemed to give up alot of functionality for looks. Not sure why people use it.

but neways...i'm back to having the same problem restoring my text. I can't get the conversation to flow when threading. I'm using the same process. Frusrating. I'll try using MyPhone again if I can't get pimbackup to get my text to actually thread with my inbox/sent
You just gotta make sure that threaded is disabled right before you actually restore. When you restore just let PIM write over the database.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:51 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
I got it. The method I posted work. Just took forever and a day

Why would you have to turn the radio off
turning the radio off prevents resending the old text messages....its kinda a known issue where it will resend text messages sometimes...like if you have an error in sending one...it sometimes saves to drafts or outbox (YMMV),

the reason i do it is that i had this issue more than once, where it sent out aprox 3-500 messages all at once....the person that they went to wasnt too happy as she was at a family function....so thats why i turn the radio off...

Help Me Help You
Old 05-30-2009, 11:33 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
You just gotta make sure that threaded is disabled right before you actually restore. When you restore just let PIM write over the database.
Yeah i'm disabling it right before I start the restore (I disable, restart, then restore), but the messages just dont come back into the thread in order. It's just been hit or miss for some reason. not sure why.

I'm still going through different ROMs. I hope when I find one I really like it will work
Old 06-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Jedi Master

By the way, I just recently reflashed my phone and used Microsoft MyPhone to restore all my texts. It did it flawlessly in threaded format and took only a minute or two to download all 5k messages. I'm going to rely on MyPhone for texts now, and back up stuff on PIM only monthly maybe just in case.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro