PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treowx
Carrier: sprint

derrickmd18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to derrickmd18 Send a message via Yahoo to derrickmd18
tp battery life

I wanted to know on a fully charged Touch Pro how much time you can get out of it when fully charge? I use my Treo 800w at night from fully charged I get about 3 1/2 hours out of it at night when i'm surfing the web with internet explorer and opera mini and texting at my night job constantly. wanted to know what you touch pro guys are getting?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

gerbilx is a n00b
Re: tp battery life

personally i think it depends mostly on where you are...when i had att fuze and i wouldnt get 3g at work, i would end up with 20% ish after a double shift. if i left it at home in a spot i got 3g, it would end up probably about 60%. now this is with minimal use, but it does check email every 15 min.
switch to the tp on verizon where i have 3g and i end up with 60% after a double shift.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Yeah, it depends on many things. For me, I can make it from morning to evening with about 50% left. I use push e-mail from hotmail, most of the time Pocketwit is on checking twitter every so often.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 05-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive on SERO
Carrier: Sprint!

chuchizwifey is a n00b

my battery life on the sprint tp is awful! in the morning i leave for work with 100% and by the time i get out of work 6 hrs later, i'm usually at around 40%. i don't use my phone at work except to check the time perhaps. no push email, no programs running, no tf3d. i've had two so far and both of them have had battery issues, not only with them not lasting but with them not charging. sometimes it overheats on the charger and doesn't charge at all. my last one stopped charging after 2 weeks. even my mogul had better battery life than this thing!
ericsson t281 (2001-2003, voicestream) | nokia 3390 (2003-2004 t-mobile) | samsung a620 (2004-2006 sprint) | nokia 2125 (2005 metropcs) | nokia 6235i (2006-2008 metropcs) | sidekick 3 (2006-2008 t-mobile) | htc mogul (2008 sprint) | apple iphone (2008 t-mobile) | htc touch pro (2008-2009 sprint)
additional toys
motorola i860 | blackberry 7520 | treo 600 | sidekick 2 | motorola t193 | motorola v228

sprint sero 500 mins + 300 bonus, unlimited pic/txt msg & internet, nights at 7
Old 05-24-2009, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treowx
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

derrickmd18 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to derrickmd18 Send a message via Yahoo to derrickmd18

ok. I know my treo 800w I pretty much tax it its pertty much and i'm in chat rooms and texting and browsing the web for the 3 hours. and its down to 28 - 35%
Old 05-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ProtoProtoss is just getting started

battery polling interval set to less often, lumos with low 2 high 5 setting, nuedynamic clock with battery mode set to power savings, phone sleep in 3 minutes of no use, etc. i can use my phone all through the day with no worries. i also have a portable battery charger that fully charges the phone in about 40 minutes or so from AA batteries, so...
Old 05-24-2009, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kennyidaho is becoming a great contributor

When I first got the tp I thought the battery life sucked as well but after some charges discharges it got better. With about 25 texts a day, maybe 5 mins of calls, hour or so of browsing I would be close to dead by the end of the night.

I had a big break through when I stopped syncing my calendar and contacts with google via the exchange sync. I was able to squeeze a day and half out of it a few times.

I recently installed palringo, a program that I know people use a lot on these forums, and I noticed it's a big big drain. Yesterday I started the program before I took my phone off the charger (about 10am), sent/recieved about 10 texts, 5 mins worth of phone calls and my phone died around midnight.

I also swear the charger makes a difference. I have several chargers from older HTC phones and I seem to get the best performance using the charger included with the phone.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I lose 5% per hour, average charge lasts me 18-22 hours (including work days where I'm 2 floors underground...yay Verizon for having coverage!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyidaho View Post
I also swear the charger makes a difference. I have several chargers from older HTC phones and I seem to get the best performance using the charger included with the phone.
You are correct that the charger makes a difference--the slower your charge your phone, the longer it'll last. The regulation chip in the battery/phone (not sure which) can't do the math correctly when discharging + charging at once unless it's at a low amperage (100mA to 400mA). Most older chargers supply around this, normal USB does 500mA and gives you slightly more battery vs using fastcharge/two USB cables (hard drive cable).
Old 05-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

The biggest thing is probably coverage. If you're in an area where coverage isn't very good, your phone will search for signal every so often. That just kills the battery!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:40 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There are tuns of threads about the battery life on the TP here is my favorite:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45060

Mostly because I rote it but to answer your question I carry 3 batteries with me I will go through 2 every day and on days when i have a lot of calls I will use all 3. Just surfing and texting at home I get about 4 hours on a battery if I have Bluetooth turned off.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro