PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: just got insurance now i need a replacement TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
Back when I worked for Nextel (and again later for Sprint after the merger), any time a customer was in your situation--as in, phones manifesting structural defects after the 30 days--it was pretty much standard to sell them TEP and have them wait a few days to use the ESRP, instead of referring them to the phone manufacturer. Technically it's a no-no, but Sprint would rather have a happy customer paying $4-$7 more per month than a frusted customer with a broken phone.
well thats not standard any more. my wife's to8ch broke and we had to send it to htc for warranty repair. they woldnt let us add tep. fortunately, when the phone returned they let us add it on for the next problem, which we expect any day. the quality of these phones is so poor.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

frkjerm is a n00b

I have replace my tp twice so far for the same issues. Seems to only last 2 months then the screen dies, assuming from ribbon cable damage. First time i took it to a service center and they gave me a new one. the second time (3 days ago) i call sprint and complained, so they are sending me a replacement. I think its a recertified one by the serial number. I also managed to get them to sell me a palm pro for $.99 because i had to replaced the tp twice already but they insist that they dont have alot of problems with the tp i just happened to get in to a bad batch for two phone and two month apart.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

jeez, that sucks! im planning on cancelling the TEP once i get my replacement because i dont need it. i agree that manufacturer defects should be covered by Sprint since they probably send it back to the vendor and get some sort of credit for it anyways.

i dont want to pay the $7 a month while waiting for the phone to die due to something that i didnt cause. i think its a total scam to be honest.

for people who lose and abuse their phones is one thing, but i baby my phone and it still dies for no reason. i hope the Touch Pro 2 isnt as poorly made as this Touch "Pro".
Old 05-19-2009, 03:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Apache, Mogul, TP1, TP2, EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

z06vette is a n00b

I have TEP. The charging port of the TP is starting to break/is broken. Luckly it is still charging and syncing. I took it to a sprint repair center and they looked at the port then came back and told me I could deal with Asurion and pay $100 or they (sprint store) could order replacement and pay them $120. WTF.

Should I try different store. Any recommendations?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin-asian View Post
jeez, that sucks! im planning on cancelling the TEP once i get my replacement because i dont need it. i agree that manufacturer defects should be covered by Sprint since they probably send it back to the vendor and get some sort of credit for it anyways.

i dont want to pay the $7 a month while waiting for the phone to die due to something that i didnt cause. i think its a total scam to be honest.

for people who lose and abuse their phones is one thing, but i baby my phone and it still dies for no reason. i hope the Touch Pro 2 isnt as poorly made as this Touch "Pro".
It's too bad your getting the run around on a replacement/repair. Is your water sensor triggered, or are there other physical problems?

Also just curious how someone could justify NOT having TEP on a phone this expensive? I'm a believer in Karma and cancelling that plan after Sprint offered open enrollment this month just seems crazy, but I guess that's just me.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterDawg View Post
It's too bad your getting the run around on a replacement/repair. Is your water sensor triggered, or are there other physical problems?

Also just curious how someone could justify NOT having TEP on a phone this expensive? I'm a believer in Karma and cancelling that plan after Sprint offered open enrollment this month just seems crazy, but I guess that's just me.
i have no water damage and the problems started with the flaking chrome then the ribbon cable. i noticed that sometimes when i opened it, the display would go out then come back but now it doesnt come back at all. i tried to get sprint to replace it a while back, but they wouldnt let me since i didnt have insurance and made me contact HTC which means sending it in and being without a phone for 2 weeks.

hows that for karma?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro